• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

Definitely glad I waited. I wanted the downloadable version, but this is much better.

Btw, since Infinite was announced, I've been interested in older games. Is Breath of Fire 4 any good? I played 3 way back, but I was a little kid. I'm kinda choosing whether I should download that, Revelations, or Strider right now. Can anyone guide me here?

Definitely glad I waited. I wanted the downloadable version, but this is much better.

Btw, since Infinite was announced, I've been interested in older games. Is Breath of Fire 4 any good? I played 3 way back, but I was a little kid. I'm kinda choosing whether I should download that, Revelations, or Strider right now. Can anyone guide me here?

In order of priorities:
Breath of Fire IV
Strider
Revelations

BoFIV is a beautiful game. A bit straightforward, but still incredibly enjoyable. The antagonist of the game is pretty great, too.

Strider's actually a surprisingly competent Metroidvania. Not the best (There's some really weird decisions in regards to map design in particular) but a far stronger effort than I would have imagined given the developer behind it.

Revelations is okay. The moments aboard the ship are better than the shootbang flashbacks, and there's quite a lot of them. Still decent fun though. Revelations 2 improves upon it in almost every way.

Seven, thank you for the detailed reply. This helped narrow down my choice.

Looks like I'm going to get Breath of Fire 4. I'm pretty excited to try it.

Thanks for the heads up, Beef. I tend to suck at RPG's not called FF7, so maybe things will be different this time around.

J-Tier

I want a Breath of Fire character so so bad. Seeing a traditional RPG character realized in a 2D fighter will be so amazing.

Be warned, there's a fat difficulty spike in the endgame of BoF4.

Yeah, I completely forgot about that.

I want a Breath of Fire character so so bad. Seeing a traditional RPG character realized in a 2D fighter will be so amazing.

That's why I'm kinda hoping for a BoF character. Outside of Smash Bros and crossovers within RPG series (Dissidia, for example), you don't really see too many RPG characters in crossover fighters, which is weird, since unless they were kinda ass in their source game, they'd likely have an interesting power set to draw from.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Give it up on BOF representative. We will never get one, considering Capcom's stance with Breath of Fire.

Our best shot with getting Breath of Fire Representative in Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite is when we are get very close to the release date, and know almost all characters on the roster. That's when we need to make a lot of noise to request for Breath of Fire Rep. We need to do it very loud and we need to vote for BOF rep rather segregating the votes all over with several Breath of Fire characters.

Neoxon

For those who care, Eddie Brock is gonna be Venom, again.

C23uCp4UAAAXgdh.jpg:large

I do miss Flash Thompson as Agent Venom & was really liking how he was handled, but whatever.

opricnik

Banned
Please return Venom to Mahvel baby

Also do we still not have info about UmVC3 PC port? System requirements, who making port etc,price

J-Tier

I'd be down with Eddie Brock Venom too, he's just too iconic for me. Agent Venom was kinda vanilla for me. Idk why I feel that way after reading through his series. I guess Flash losing his legs wasn't enough to sell me on the Peter Parker bully slash Spidey fan boy.

Jawmuncher

Given how well Agent Venom was executed, I'm actually a bit disappointed that Marvel's regressing on character development.

I think it might have been a factor of them not being able to make agent venom a thing. Despite how hard they tried, he didn't really seem to stick outside the marvel enthusiasts.

For those who care, Eddie Brock is gonna be Venom, again.

C23uCp4UAAAXgdh.jpg:large

I do miss Flash Thompson as Agent Venom & was really liking how he was handled, but whatever.

Aw shit son.

Now all Kevin Feige has to do is convince Sony to make their upcoming Venom film MCU canon and we good.

PSqueak

Banned
Huh, what happened to the new host then?

While i don't know, i can say that they don't need anything to happen to flash or any other of the hosts, because the symbiotes can bond even from tiny samples, they don't need to write off anybody, just give Eddie a bit of symbiote.

J-Tier

Not necessary but he could have a shot at become playable character tho. I would rather to see newcomers from Spider-Man franchise like Green Goblin or Doctor Octopus
I'm greedy, I'd like to see Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom and Mysterio lol. Seriously, I expect one at most. But if I had control over the roster, the Spider-Man bias would be super obvious.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Re7 delivering, hopefully Capcom has a great year with their other big release...

...you knw, this one :3

Ryce

He's not working on the game, but Niitsuma Tweeted that he'd like to see Juggernaut, Punisher, Galacta, Nero, Leon, and Franziska von Karma in Infinite.

Dahbomb

There's way better Fox characters to bring as DLC, like Magik.
Magik? LUL!

Juggernaut is the default big, grappler guy from the X Men side AND he is meme status. Way way more people know of Juggernaut than Magik.

Galacta is the only lame choice in there to be honest.

Sesha

Agent Venom is the only Venom I'll ever accept.

He's not working on the game, but Niitsuma Tweeted that he'd like to see Juggernaut, Punisher, Galacta, Nero, Leon, and Franziska von Karma in Infinite.

I say no thanks to all of those except Leon and Karma.

There's way better Fox characters to bring as DLC, like Magik.

You misspelled Fantomex.

insanekyo

Neo Member

Breath of Fire 4 is a must play. Revelations and Strider is quite forgettable.

Blueblur1

Jack Baker Confirmed (Very very light spoilers)
Neff posted this in the review thread

ebyMtc.png

To me its obvious who will be the RE7 representative in MvCi. Hint: It's not any of the Bakers.

(Thought maybe Jack could be recycled as MvC2 Jill's special move for this other character [who would not be Jill or any existing RE-MvC representative].) But I'm just speculating.

Magik? LUL!

Juggernaut is the default big, grappler guy from the X Men side AND he is meme status. Way way more people know of Juggernaut than Magik.

Galacta is the only lame choice in there to be honest.

To be honest, if they decide not to use Trish again, they can recycle a lot of her moveset to Magik and there wouldn't be a total loss.

Also, Galacta is trash, confirmed.

Top Bottom