• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

The marvel side of the roster is really difficult to predict, with only 15-20 base roster characters how much do you balance fan favorite vets vs newcomers, mcu characters vs non mcu characters, main stream stars vs comic stars, and character to push in the new future vs characters they plan to push down the road.

It's really a no win scenario with that half of the roster, if posters in here represent what the fanbase is expecting 90% of people are gonna be disappointed.

MrMephistoX

That would depend on how this team feels about adding guest characters. The dev team behind (U)MVC3 made a conscious decision on not to include any non-Marvel/Capcom characters in the game, but maybe the people behind Infinite have a different perspective.

Yeah ordinarily it would seem to be kind of a long shot but UMC3 came out before Disney acquired Lucasfilm and I think started development before they even acquired Marvel. The bigger question would be if the various marketing stakeholders would allow it considering not allowing Marvel and Star Wars characters to interact was a big reason Disney Infinity was kinda fucked.

Dahbomb

The marvel side of the roster is really difficult to predict, with only 15-20 base roster characters how much do you balance fan favorite vets vs newcomers, mcu characters vs non mcu characters, main stream stars vs comic stars, and character to push in the new future vs characters they plan to push down the road.

It's really a no win scenario with that half of the roster, if posters in here represent what the fanbase is expecting 90% of people are gonna be disappointed.
Marvel side is the easiest to predict to be honest. Like just tell me the roster size and I bet I can get within 70-80% correct of the Marvel roster.

Hope they don't toss a spot to Venom (unless it's Agent, and that looks like it's over). It's been done.

Give us a Goblin or better yet, Ock. I also liked someone's suggestion of THE SPOT!

Where is the news on this game anyway? 45 days later and nada.

Movie Avengers (minus QS) + Defenders (including Castle) + Strange and Dorm + a couple Guardians, Howard the Duck and a Spider-Man rogue are what I'd venture. Ultron, Purple Chair Man (not Kilgrave) and Loki round it out.

Capcom Side:
MMX
Ryu
Not Zero
Not Vergil
Bunch of Bums
Probably a Resident Evil Guy or Gal

Looks about right

Neoxon

I really want the Twins in the game, I truly do. But given how they've been treated in most post-CoC games (Lego Avengers aside), I highly doubt that either of them will be in the base roster.

Prove me wrong, Marvel. I need mah Maximoffs. At least give me best bae Wanda.

TreIII

Yeah, you got a good point there. Also I just remembered the fact that there would be some members on the team that used to worked on old marvel games so they probably have soft spots for Venom.

Indeed~!

Especially if they bother to remake his moveset, he could be a very nice showcase of what kind of complex morphing animations they could do with him. He'd also be a good opposite for any possible Vampire/Darkstalkers char, on that same token.

I really want the Twins in the game, I truly do. But given how they've been treated in most post-CoC games (Lego Avengers aside), I highly doubt that either of them will be in the base roster.

Prove me wrong, Marvel. I need mah Maximoffs. At least give me best bae Wanda.

Well, come what may, it looks like Marvel's versions of the characters are the only ones that are likely going to matter for the immediate future. Fox is already slated to try again with another mutant team for a new movie series, which means that their movie-verse's Quicksilver may not be a featured thing for a while. If that's the case, then what reason would Marvel have to deny exposure for the character(s) that are in their movies?

Neoxon

Well, come what may, it looks like Marvel's versions of the characters are the only ones that are likely going to matter for the immediate future. Fox is already slated to try again with another mutant team for a new movie series, which means that their movie-verse's Quicksilver may not be a featured thing for a while. If that's the case, then what reason would Marvel have to deny exposure for the character(s) that are in their movies?
That's assuming that Pietro gets revived in Infinity War which, while possible, isn't exactly a sure-deal (even though the MCU actor did sign on for 3 films, but that's more of a just-in-case thing).

Even if Fox backs off from using Pietro, they still have Wanda.

Mista Koo

I always joke about this, but I'm also semi-serious.

DmC Dante would be the best to pair up with Dante as a new character. Make him a psuedo-clone and it'll be salt for days. No Nero, no Lady, no Lucia. Forget all that.
I'd only be ok with this if just before that they confirm that BoF Ryu can't be in the game because they already have a Ryu.

J-Tier

I'd be okay with Carnage. He'd be redundant though if Venom is already on the roster. I get he's more feral and his attacks will be "sharper" with blade forms and stabby/slicing tendrils, super edgy--but he fills the same visual and conceptual niche. If he got in over Venom though... Not really down with that.

I'd only be ok with this if just before that they confirm that BoF Ryu can't be in the game because they already have a Ryu.
LOL.

vg260

Dock Ock+ Venom + Spider Man should be given.

Make Green Goblin dlc.

I'd be fine with those three, but I'd make Venom DLC. I think Green Goblin would add more play style variety to the base roster than Venom would, on top of the visual/thematic similarities between Venom and Spider-Man.

That's assuming that Pietro gets revived in Infinity War which, while possible, isn't exactly a sure-deal (even though the MCU actor did sign on for 3 films, but that's more of a just-in-case thing).

Even if Fox backs off from using Pietro, they still have Wanda.
Don't do this to me man.

opricnik

Banned
I'd be fine with those three, but I'd make Venom DLC. I think Green Goblin would add more play style variety to the base roster than Venom would, on top of the visual/thematic similarities between Venom and Spider-Man.

Actually thats better idea since these 2 are new characters but since im a salty Venom fanboy im gonna say nope :p

J-Tier

Probably just because there is a stream tonight to reveal the evo games people are guessing that something could be revealed. Seems unlikely to me though.

And most maybe there is an injustice trailer there. Last year there was Nina Williams for Tekken 7 revealed though.
Eh, I doubt anything will be revealed.

Trying to keep my expectations in check.

Neoxon

Today's pretty nuts.
  • Injustice 2 stream
  • EVO line-up reveal
  • Flash Season 3 is back
  • Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 is back
  • New episode of SHIELD Season 4
tumblr_o1cwhkbsYd1u8pzw3o4_r1_500.gif

J-Tier

Today's pretty nuts.
  • Injustice 2 stream
  • EVO line-up reveal
  • Flash Season 3 is back
  • Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 is back
  • New episode of SHIELD Season 4
tumblr_o1cwhkbsYd1u8pzw3o4_r1_500.gif
And Justice League Dark animated movie up on PSN, I'm a pretty happy guy.

--

Yeah, knowing the EVO lineup is going to be cool. I wonder if Marvel 3 is still going to be a thing--scratch that, it obviously will be with the PS4 release.

Neoxon

And Justice League Dark animated movie up on PSN, I'm a pretty happy guy.

--

Yeah, knowing the EVO lineup is going to be cool. I wonder if Marvel 3 is still going to be a thing--scratch that, it obviously will be with the PS4 release.
Oh yeah, I need to watch that when I get home.

How would you guys feel if they had Chris's moveset from MvC3 but each color would be a different skin of a different RE character. Same moves and same animation but different voices. That way you could have Chris, Leon, Claire Jill ect.

People are just desperate for something. I can't blame them. All of these other games are getting things revealed while Capcom has been quiet for over a month now.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People are just desperate for something. I can't blame them. All of these other games are getting things revealed while Capcom has been quiet for over a month now.

That's normal since we went through same thing. I could see people being desperate for the news since there are few rumors floating around which would put it mildly annoying.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
What are the chances of Darkhawk getting in?

Saw him the other day when looking around Marvel Unlimited and dude has an awesome looking design.

Top Bottom