• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

vg260

For those who care, Eddie Brock is gonna be Venom, again

Fine for the comic, just leave him out of this game.

Of all the crazy character choices in Spider-Man's Rogues Gallery, we don't need one who has already been in, and of those is as close to Spider-Man as you can get. Too many other unique opportunities with the others to waste on an "evil" version of Spider-Man.

Doc Ock, Goblin, Mysterio, or Sandman first please.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Well, I assume having Nero would mean no Lady or Trish, which I don't want to happen.

I like Nero fine, but not more than Lady or Trish. 'sides, everything I like about him wouldn't really be there in a fighting game.

If the game really is going to be continually updating its roster, I wouldn't be so sure that it's either or on DMC inclusions.

Nero has a lot of potential with Devil bringer, Exceed mechanics, and an install DT super all of which would fit right in Marvel.

YCJ8v7v8_v8Ug7sExM3guqPW1AM.jpg

Fingers crossed for Steve. He can transform, 2 guns, nice haircut.

Sesha

Rebecca or bust.

If the game really is going to be continually updating its roster, I wouldn't be so sure that it's either or on DMC inclusions.

Nero has a lot of potential with Devil bringer and Exceed mechanics, both of which would fit right in Marvel.

Let me put it this way, I don't want Nero before Lady or Trish.

Mizerman

Nero has a lot of potential with Devil bringer, Exceed mechanics, and an install DT super all of which would fit right in Marvel.

I would mark out for those possibilities. It's funny how I went from disliking Nero a couple of years ago to actually having respect for him.

J-Tier

I always joke about this, but I'm also semi-serious.

DmC Dante would be the best to pair up with Dante as a new character. Make him a psuedo-clone and it'll be salt for days. No Nero, no Lady, no Lucia. Forget all that.

Ryce

Venom is already playable in Marvel Heroes, Contest of Champions, and Super Fight. There's a good chance he'll be in this, be it the base roster or DLC.

TreIII

venom-in-a-truck-o.gif

WE ARE VENOM!

COME AND GET US!

GIVE UP, SPOIL SPORT!

Happy to see that Brock and the Venom symbiote are finally back together after several years apart and them seeing other people/symbiotes. Hopefully, the time away has been good for both of them, and they realize that they're much better together.

No offense to Flash, but he wasn't "Venom" to me anymore than Gargan's was. If anything, give Flash the "Toxin" symbiote and let him continue his "Agent" shenanigans with a much more fitting symbiote.

Also...I sincerely hope that just because Venom is fair game doesn't mean we'll just get his old moveset back. That's a character that really could benefit from a new take.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Venom is already playable in Marvel Heroes, Contest of Champions, and Super Fight. There's a good chance he'll be in this, be it the base roster or DLC.

It's kinda redundant to use those three games as good examples for playable characters because those games actually have a huge pool where you could draw characters from. If I remember correctly, those three games actually have about hundred playable characters from Marvel universe. You have to remember the Capcom team had to work it out with Marvel to decide between 15 to 20 Marvel characters to go with for MVC:I base roster.

My only desire for Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite is they need to make a good choice with the roster, and having the roster being so variety and diversity. I would love to have everyone to stand out and being completely different in term of visual and moveset.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I hate to be debbie downer but people need to remember the fact there is a such phase in the development where they already decided everything for the game way earlier, like last year or two years ago. I'm not even sure how far Capcom and Marvel are planned in advance with their products, so there is a design document already set in the stone for contents, characters, battle engine, etc. I'm pretty sure that Marvel is more likely to plan in advance with MCU movies so we might see something. I'm still not sure if Eddie's Venom and Resident Evil 7 newcomer would make in the game but we will see at the end.

It's kinda redundant to use those three games as good examples for playable characters because those games actually have a huge pool where you could draw characters from. If I remember correctly, those three games actually have about hundred playable characters from Marvel universe. You have to remember the Capcom team had to work it out with Marvel to decide between 15 to 20 Marvel characters to go with for MVC:I base roster.

My only desire for Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite is they need to make a good choice with the roster, and having the roster being so variety and diversity. I would love to have everyone to stand out and being completely different in term of visual and moveset.
Is it really redundant? Most the MCU characters are in those games

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Is it really redundant? Most the MCU characters are in those games

I might have use a wrong term right there but what I meant.

Those three games are based on pure Marvel rosters, unlike Marvel Vs. Capcom which is a crossover brand. Basically the studio teams would have easier time to include many marvel characters as they could like in their games because their games were simple and easier to implement the characters into. That's why they could easily reach to hundreds for the roster. So It's completely opposite for Marvel Vs. Capcom because it actually take so much time to make a playable character, depend on the size of team, and keep it in our mind, there are bug testing and balancing for those fighters.

Also they would have to handpick certain characters for Marvel Vs. Capcom roster to make sure that characters wouldn't overlaps each other and they could stand out with their unique gimmicks or/and movesets. That's why we aren't going to see fifty playable marvel characters in the franchise. For those three games, it's okay for them to overlap some characters because it wouldn't hurt them in a long run.
people are going to complain if we have clones or characters sharing similar moveset in Marvel Vs. Capcom as well

Yeah, it's kinda hard for me to explains since I think I actually explained it in person way better with sign language but it's harder to convert those sign language in structure of writing. my apologies.

SHUT UP HEATH

Sorry!

MYWfyLC.gif

please don't judge me for using this gif since it's only gif I could find from google.com

Dahbomb

Well, I assume having Nero would mean no Lady or Trish, which I don't want to happen.

I like Nero fine, but not more than Lady or Trish. 'sides, everything I like about him wouldn't really be there in a fighting game.
A true DMC fan would lobby for 6 DMC characters.

Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lady, Trish, Lucia.

And then you can enter in a code to get different game version Dantes for Dante (including DmC Dante), Mundus for Trish, Credo Angelo for Nero, Nevan for Lady, Nelo Angelo for Vergil, Despair Embodied for Lucia all with unique movesets.

Because fan service that's why.

Sesha

A true DMC fan would lobby for 6 DMC characters.

Dante, Vergil, Nero, Lady, Trish, Lucia.

And then you can enter in a code to get different game version Dantes for Dante (including DmC Dante), Mundus for Trish, Credo Angelo for Nero, Nevan for Lady, Nelo Angelo for Vergil, Despair Embodied for Lucia all with unique movesets.

Because fan service that's why.

I'd love to see Credo or Nevan, actually. DMC bosses in a fighting game would be sweet. Fuck Mundus though, he sucks.

Jawmuncher

I could see Venom vs RE Representative working out really well as a duo to reveal together. The symbiote is kinda like a BOW, right?

Of course, Ock or Osborn probably deserve it more, but Venom was requested more. Can't we have 2 Spidey "allies"/villains?

With no xmen Spider-Man does have the next best cast of characters

TreIII

I hate to be debbie downer but people need to remember the fact there is a such phase in the development where they already decided everything for the game way earlier, like last year or two years ago. I'm not even sure how far Capcom and Marvel are planned in advance with their products, so there is a design document already set in the stone for contents, characters, battle engine, etc. I'm pretty sure that Marvel is more likely to plan in advance with MCU movies so we might see something. I'm still not sure if Eddie's Venom and Resident Evil 7 newcomer would make in the game but we will see at the end.

On the other hand, there's another way to see things like this.

From the Capcom team's perspective, the likelihood is high that if they were at all considering Venom on the game's roster and were willing to go to Marvel to lobby for his inclusion, they probably wanted the one that the MvC team was most familiar with, and also is a MvC series vet: Brock's.

It just may have worked out that by the time they were hashing out "who's in, who's out" with the Marvel side, Marvel was already at a point where either a) they were already planning to bring back Brock!Venom at some point within the next 1-2 years from when that decision was made, or b) they didn't care as much, which is also likely, considering they bought Brock!Venom back in those aforementioned other games when there was really no apparent reason to do so, other than fanservice.

Either of which is something I'm willing to put stock in, considering Brock!Venom has not only really never "gone away" and then got a resurgence in recent years.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
On the other hand, there's another way to see things like this.

From the Capcom team's perspective, the likelihood is high that if they were at all considering Venom on the game's roster and were willing to go to Marvel to lobby for his inclusion, they probably wanted the one that the MvC team was most familiar with, and also is a MvC series vet: Brock's.

It just may have worked out that by the time they were hashing out "who's in, who's out" with the Marvel side, Marvel was already at a point where either a) they were already planning to bring back Brock!Venom at some point within the next 1-2 years from when that decision was made, or b) they didn't care as much, which is also likely, considering they bought Brock!Venom back in those aforementioned other games when there was really no apparent reason to do so, other than fanservice.

Either of which is something I'm willing to put stock in, considering Brock!Venom has not only really never "gone away" and then got a resurgence in recent years.

Yeah, you got a good point there. Also I just remembered the fact that there would be some members on the team that used to worked on old marvel games so they probably have soft spots for Venom.

MrMephistoX

Half wondering if Star Wars could make the cut given the marvel comics and identical parent company: I'd be down for comic art Vader.

Half wondering if Star Wars could make the cut given the marvel comics and identical parent company: I'd be down for comic art Vader.

That would depend on how this team feels about adding guest characters. The dev team behind (U)MVC3 made a conscious decision on not to include any non-Marvel/Capcom characters in the game, but maybe the people behind Infinite have a different perspective.

Yo, Breath of Fire 4 is amazing. I'm at the beginning and really enjoying it so far.

Makes me want to see a rep from the series even more, but I know it's unlikely.

Top Bottom