• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster Discussion Thread

AESplusF

Has anyone noticed that Grasshopper Manufacture's official twitter is following the MVCI twitter, I really doubt it means anything, but still interesting.

Mista Koo

Why's that? As mentioned earlier, Rashid was basically the break-out character of SFV. I mean sure, you could make an argument for Necalli. But of the two, Rashid would translate better to Mahvel.

As for Ms. Marvel, I'd be legitimately shocked if she wasn't in the base roster.
An SFV rep isn't a lock, and if the rep takes the place of M. Bison or Akuma they might wanna go with a villain.
Ms. Marvel isn't part of the MCU and is muslim.

Also we're used to disappointments when it comes to Mahvel and character choices.

Neoxon

An SFV rep isn't a lock, and if the rep takes the place of M. Bison or Akuma they might wanna go with a villain.
Ms. Marvel isn't part of the MCU and is muslim.

Also we're used to disappointments when it comes to Mahvel and character choices.
Are either of those a problem? The leak said that a lot of choices would be with the MCU in mind, not that the Marvel side would be exclusively MCU (plus Ms. Marvel is probably in the cards to join the MCU sooner rather than later due to her sheer popularity). And if anything, her being Muslim provides more diversity for the cast.

Mista Koo

Are either of those a problem? The leak said that a lot of choices would be with the MCU in mind, not that the Marvel side would be exclusively MCU (plus Ms. Marvel is probably in the cards to join the MCU sooner rather than later due to her sheer popularity). And if anything, her being Muslim provides more diversity for the cast.
It means there are no indications that she is shoo-in. You know how America feels about muslims (Marvel CEO is a Trump supporter).

Neoxon

Are you for real ?

Perlmutter is a piece of shit, but they are still releasing LGBTQ stuff and Ms Marvel stuff is still released, and she's still muslim.
This. Also, a good chunk of Marvel Comics & Marvel Games are against Trump (hell, the head of Marvel Games is actively speaking out against the Muslim Ban on Twitter with Ms. Marvel images). If everyone shared Perlmutter's beliefs, Ms. Marvel & the LGBTQ characters would have been thrown to the wayside already.

Mista Koo

I'm just saying I'm not too positive that we'll ever see Kamala having a spotlight outside of comics. But I'd love to be wrong.

The only comic book I own is hers.

Jill should return with her BSAA costume and a mix of her MvC2 and 3 movesets.

He never did, I'm just referring to his statements about the Fox crew being DLC later on. If Capcom had hope of Marvel saying yes to that compromise at the time of the base roster's conception, they likely wouldn't have gone along with Gwenpool (unless they can pull an X-23 & set Gwenpool as far apart from Deadpool in moveset as humanly possible).
Ah I see, thanks!
Thought that maybe I missed something on the thread.

Aceun

She was definitely spotlighted as a Nuhuman in the Avengers cartoon. There's toys and merc. Not to mention in the comics she's HEAVILY spotlighted.

I don't think we'll see her in the MCU anytime soon, but she's a high contender for MvCI.

Neoxon

I'm just saying I'm not too positive that we'll ever see Kamala having a spotlight outside of comics. But I'd love to be wrong.

The only comic book I own is hers.
She's already being spotlighted in the Avengers Assemble cartoon as well as various mobile games & merchandise. I also wouldn't be surprised if an MCU appearance is in the cards for perhaps Phase 4, be it film or TV.

She was definitely spotlighted as a Nuhuman in the Avengers cartoon. There's toys and merc. Not to mention in the comics she's HEAVILY spotlighted.

I don't think we'll see her in the MCU anytime soon, but she's a high contender for MvCI.
Basically this. Though as mentioned above, I do believe we'll see Ms. Marvel in the MCU sooner rather than later.

Weiss

Banned
Ms. Marvel is like they're only breakout new character since the 80s. No way she's not in.

Has anyone noticed that Grasshopper Manufacture's official twitter is following the MVCI twitter, I really doubt it means anything, but still interesting.

oh god yes

I don't know what would be better, Harman, Mask, or Garcian with
access to all other personae's weapons.

J-Tier

Yeah, the 80s was a bit too long of a time span lol, there were quite a few "newer" heroes that became popular between then and now. You may be safe within the last ten years. Even then, I'm not sure, but I get what you're saying. She's kind of a big deal.

Neoxon

Yeah, the 80s was a bit too long of a time span lol, there were quite a few "newer" heroes that became popular between then and now. You may be safe within the last ten years. Even then, I'm not sure, but I get what you're saying. She's kind of a big deal.
If we're talking about the last 10 years, Weiss would be right about Ms. Marvel being Marvel's biggest new character (with Miles being not far behind).

J-Tier

Bored. Any plausible character that you guys would be disgusted to see as playable on the roster?

I don't think there's a character like that for me (outside of a third party guest), but I'm sure the salt would flow for some of us if characters like a DmC rep, Howard the Duck, clone character, Bad Box Art Mega Man etc were to make an appearance.

I suppose the closest would be a clone character. Those have always bugged me if there were more than one.

V_Arnold

Personally, I hope that DmC Dante make it in. Let the tears flow. And I will main him. (Obviously, DMC Dante is a lock hopefully, so even if after that, people are salty, that is just irrationality.)

Tirael

I'm ashamed at how little information we've gotten. I guess they really rushed a trailer and gameplay footage for PSX.

Between this and Street Fighter V, it just seems like Capcom would rather say nothing than have to go back on promises.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm ashamed at how little information we've gotten. I guess they really rushed a trailer and gameplay footage for PSX.

Between this and Street Fighter V, it just seems like Capcom would rather say nothing than have to go back on promises.

you're ashamed? There are much bigger problems in the world right now to feel ashamed by than "a videogame hasnt announced a new character"

Tirael

you're ashamed? There are much bigger problems in the world right now to feel ashamed by than "a videogame hasnt announced a new character"

If we only focus on all of the horrible things going on right now, we won't be able to find happiness. It's more important now than ever to be passionate about the little things.

Also, isn't that kind of off topic?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If we only focus on all of the horrible things going on right now, we won't be able to find happiness. It's more important now than ever to be passionate about the little things.

Also, isn't that kind of off topic?

I just find your use of ashamed grossly exagerated. Even if there was not actual things to be actually ashamed by, if we stay on the videogame bubble, should a company really be "ashamed" of not announcing a character 1 month after announcing a game?

I know the thirst is real, but good lord.

I'm ashamed there is no new Dino crisis over anything else in my life.

now this I can get behind :p

BadWolf

Leon with dog assist would be too good.

Preview:

galford-andpoppieyawn.gif

BadWolf

Have Leon roll around and shit with quick shots like RE6 and give him his wall run from RE4. I would play with him so much.

Have him dual wield like in RE6, complete with the awesome reload animation.

Giving him a play style which combines shooting and melee into one whole like RE6 does would be pretty damn sweet.

Negaduck

Bored. Any plausible character that you guys would be disgusted to see as playable on the roster?

I don't think there's a character like that for me (outside of a third party guest), but I'm sure the salt would flow for some of us if characters like a DmC rep, Howard the Duck, clone character, Bad Box Art Mega Man etc were to make an appearance.

I suppose the closest would be a clone character. Those have always bugged me if there were more than one.

Not disgusted, but I'm not a fan at all of squirrel girl. Nothing about the character is appealing to me. I recognize people really like her but if I made the roster, the thought of including her would not even enter my head.

Sesha

Personally, I hope that DmC Dante make it in. Let the tears flow. And I will main him. (Obviously, DMC Dante is a lock hopefully, so even if after that, people are salty, that is just irrationality.)

Since you love DmC so much, you're welcome to post in the DMC4SE OT (the DmC ones aren't active) any time.

J-Tier

I just want them to make DmC canon in some way. Ideally it's parallel universe shenanigans. The interaction between the two Dantes would be awesome.

Not disgusted, but I'm not a fan at all of squirrel girl. Nothing about the character is appealing to me. I recognize people really like her but if I made the roster, the thought of including her would not even enter my head.
I personally love the character. She's a great example of taking a ridiculous creation from a different time that was clearly a joke--and kind of shitty--and evolving the character into a "serious-but-not-serious" character is pretty neat.

Plus gameplay-wise, being able to summon a squirrel army can present some really unique mechanics. She along with Howard and a few other "joke" characters are pretty divisive though. Many people don't like to see the goofier elements in their "cool and serious" media.

I also noticed some voice actors following the official account as well.

Josh Keaton - Spider-Man from MvC 3
Richard Epcar - Akuma from Street Fighter 5.

but having those 2 characters in isn't really surprising.

Neoxon

Josh Keaton - Spider-Man from Spectacular Spider-Man & (U)MvC3
Richard Epcar - Akuma from Street Fighter V

Josh Keaton may have been leftover from the MvC3 days, but Richard Epcar following MvC's Twitter is interesting.

J-Tier

Josh Keaton - Spider-Man from MvC 3
Richard Epcar - Akuma from Street Fighter 5.

Neat! Yeah, they're both a "shoe-in".

Grasshopper Manufacture is the surprising one, though unlikely to mean anything.

I thought about it pretty seriously yesterday though. If we get the Smiths as a character, I would be be over the moon.

Ryce

It looks like Josh Keaton and Richard Epcar started following the MvC Twitter account back in 2011. It doesn't mean they're in MvCI.

Weiss

Banned
It is weird that Captain America and Iron Man's old voice actors came back now that they have new ones in the cartoon.

Josh Keaton is a pretty great Spider-Man, especially portraying a younger incarnation, so I'd be down with him coming back.

V_Arnold

Since you love DmC so much, you're welcome to post in the DMC4SE OT (the DmC ones aren't active) any time.

I posted when I got through the SE again, if I remember :D Maybe Ill return one day, but my skill level is no match for any of you.... maybe in UMVC3, with Vergil :p

Negaduck

I personally love the character. She's a great example of taking a ridiculous creation from a different time that was clearly a joke--and kind of shitty--and evolving the character into a "serious-but-not-serious" character is pretty neat.

Plus gameplay-wise, being able to summon a squirrel army can present some really unique mechanics. She along with Howard and a few other "joke" characters are pretty divisive though. Many people don't like to see the goofier elements in their "cool and serious" media.

Yeah that's cool man, I Hella respect anyone who digs the character. I'm the opposite I guess, not a fan of her even as a joke character lol

Sesha

I posted when I got through the SE again, if I remember :D Maybe Ill return one day, but my skill level is no match for any of you.... maybe in UMVC3, with Vergil :p

There's plenty of varying skill levels among us, so don't worry. I'm not that great. I haven't been playing that much since until last year I didn't have full access to a decent computer, but at the same time I was either busy or too lacking in enthusiasm to play anything. I'd rather just wait for DMC5 and spend my efforts gittin' gud in that instead.

Top Bottom