• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Seems like Capcom UK is holding many tournaments or at least going to places to show off the demo....where is Capcom USA or JP, etc?

Capcom USA held an even in NorCal not so long ago. It's where Max got that footage of the New Metro City and Dark Kingdom stages, and presumably where GameInformer had more hands on time with the Story Mode.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
You really have to wonder if Capcom would be getting much hate if the base roster included the first round of DLC. We'd have 36 characters, which equals MvC3's launch roster, and some more newcomers/fan favorites.

They'd still get some shit, but the complaints (roster or otherwise) would be waaaaay less.

Jawmuncher

You really have to wonder if Capcom would be getting much hate if the base roster included the first round of DLC. We'd have 36 characters, which equals MvC3's launch roster, and some more newcomers/fan favorites.

If the first batch of characters was in the game I think it'd get a slide. There'd still be complaints on the lack of females but it'd help a lot.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I would've bought the game easily if the base roster was 36 characters with the 6 DLC newcomers.

As it is, 30 characters is way too low for my liking and paying $90 to get the full package is a total ripoff.

Ryce

I'd be content with the roster if the first six DLC characters were included. I honestly think the roster is so bad that it'll negatively impact sales.

Hard to decide my 6 Marvel,

and now since I've played so many Capcom fighters/games Friday at my college (On a MvC themed Arcade machine no less) (Warzard, SF Rainbow, Cyberbots, Darkstalkers, XCota, GnG
I now hate Firebrand. Or at least those flying spear throwing guys. :p
its hard to decide on those too

Kenji is awesome...

I actually got a blast from the past just now when I saw footage from the game X-Men: Mutant Academy.

God I loved that game on the PS1. Toad was my boy.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I actually got a blast from the past just now when I saw footage from the game X-Men: Mutant Academy.

God I loved that game on the PS1. Toad was my boy.

Was that the one where you could play as Xavier in a wheelchair? That was great.

Gamora definitely sounds the most bored of everyone. Which sucks since she will be on my first team.

"Eliminating the targets is what I do."

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gamora definitely sounds the most bored of everyone. Which sucks since she will be on my first team.

Gamora and Hawkeye are my biggest surprises from what I've seen. I'll still probably gravitate towards Hulk, Nemesis and other low-skill high dmg characters, but those 2 are really intriguing me.

and hey maybe this is the game ill actually put real practice into and get somewhat decent at... or not >_>

Was that the one where you could play as Xavier in a wheelchair? That was great.
That was Mutant Academy 2, I believe.

gFxq0Hs.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OT but this gif will get some fucking use let me tell you

Shocked-Team-gif.gif

Rhaknar

get someone get KillerKai a copy of the final game already please? :(

err I cant find that combo video someone posted in my history anymore, was it removed from youtube?

Rhaknar

Nextwave is love. Nextwave is life.

nextwave_robothead.jpg

how are those matches in that teamandem channel anyway? worth watching?

Never read Nextwave. My experience with Elsa came mostly from Secret Wars: Marvel Zombies. Capcom would have to have something in her moveset revolving around tea.

Would be awesome to see Marvel's Monster Huntress against Capcom's Monster Huntress

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder if Hunter has a PW-esque mechanic where she has to craft her Rathalos armor as the match goes on.

In the absence of MODOK, and some of the quirkier Clover/Capcom characters, I'm really starved for some weird, risky character gimmicks.

I wonder if Hunter has a PW-esque mechanic where she has to craft her Rathalos armor as the match goes on.

In the absence of MODOK, and some of the quirkier Clover/Capcom characters, I'm really starved for some weird, risky character gimmicks.

Oh man, that's a good idea.

I would love it if you had a Sharpening Stone ability that gave your weapon new properties like wall bounces or guard breaks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh man, that's a good idea.

I would love it if you had a Sharpening Stone ability that gave your weapon new properties like wall bounces or guard breaks.
I'm not very familiar with MH, but I was thinking something like using punches, kicks, specials, etc. could be associated with crafting different pieces of the armor.

So, perhaps you need to use a certain number of punches in combos before the arms appear on your character, which then increases your attack, or adds armor to specific specials. Kicks could increase your speed or give additional abilities, etc. And then when you craft the full armor you get additional rewards like complete damage resistance and maybe armor on moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom