• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I still don't know who or what a Frank West is, and why he's in this game...or the last.

yeah hes not like hes had 4 main games and a couple of spin offs in multiple systems over the last 10+ years or anything

I don't mind the characters being recycled as it's common in the MvC series and if we look at most of the characters brought back you'll see they have tweaked them and added more moves to their arsenal.

The thing that annoys me is the fidelity of the character models which leave a lot to be desired - they just need that extra pop. Everything else like the gameplay, hitsparks, stages and casual content seems to be spot on so far.

I think the hitsparks need more flash.

I thought his name was Flank West and he was from Dad Rising.

seriously, Dead Rising is one of the only Capcom franchises that is still getting installments (or was). It would be weird if he wasn't included in this and 3

NotLiquid

Actually just realized in the trailer that when Jedah attacks Avengers HQ it's after Ryu is back from Valkanda and while Rocket/Marvel are still at Knowmoon, so I'd guess the timeline of events based on trailers only would be something among the lines of,

Worlds converge > heroes attack Xgard > free Thanos > decide to let him help > teams split up > Valkanda team first to get their stone > Knowmoon team begins prolonged power stone gambit > Dante goes to Dark Kingdom with Strange > symbiote begins dimension travel > Metro team go through AIMbrella > Valkanda team return to HQ but get ambushed by Jedah > Metro team get the stone but not before the symbiote who presumably also has a stone in tow crashes through the facility > Knowmoon team succeed in bringing it down but have to quickly get back to earth to stop the symbiote monster > Heroes stop it and begin planning Xgard suicide mission > shenanigans

Something like that

Dahbomb

The frame data on his conjures seem to be faster too. Much harder to punish especially since he can cancel Holes/Purifications into it.

Firebrand helper super is still a lvl3. Curious to see how they have changed it in this game.

Dahbomb

One thing worries me about Soul gem.

So if you lose a character, you get half a bar of stone gauge for free which is enough for a Storm activation.

When you use Soul storm, you resurrect a character at around 20% HP (seems to be lower than that) and the you get to keep the character.

Well if you don't lose any character during the Storm, then you would theoretically have infinite respawns!

1) Down to one character, you get half a bar of Soul gem to activate.

2) You activate to bring back character and survive through the Storm.

3) One of your character dies, you gain half a Soul bar again for activation.

4) Repeat!

The cycle can of course be broken by at least two ways. If you lose a character during the Storm it immediately cancels the Storm and you don't get more gauge for losing a character.

The other method is that you kill them while having your own Storm active.

This still raises important balance considerations. The first thing can be countered by using a safe lvl3 to cancel out the time of the Storm so that you are safe (like Zero's lvl3 or Firebrand's lvl3). That way you get the resurrect and don't need to put your low HP character in harm's way.

This is the type of meta someone like me thought of while on the toilet seat, imagine what people are going to do in this game after a few months of play. Some degenerate stuff incoming. At least we have patches this time around... right guys?

Keits

Developer
You can see this in one of the videos already. It doesn't work that way.

They limit the stone meter bonus on character death to one time per match. If you resurrect and then die, you don't even get a diminishing meter bonus. You get nothing special. I think it will be very hard to get two resurrections in a game (but possible). More often, you'll use one while both characters are alive, and another after someone dies.

Dahbomb

You can see this in one of the videos already. It doesn't work that way.

They limit the stone meter bonus on character death to one time per match. If you resurrect and then die, you don't even get a diminishing meter bonus. You get nothing special. I think it will be very hard to get two resurrections in a game (but possible). More often, you'll use one while both characters are alive, and another after someone dies.
Well there goes that idea LOL!

I guess they thought about this already and had a measure in place for it.

Clearly, he must mean Flank West.

clGuGMV.jpg

Dormammu is looking sick. Lots of cool new moves, especially that one where he drags you towards him.

Soul Stone looks insane but I'm still more interested in trying out the Time, Space, and Mind Stones. Still don't know what my team will be but it'll most likely involve 2 of these characters: Chris, Nemesis, Haggar, Dante, Thanos, Ghost Rider.

perhaps Regina will be announced around the same time as Jurassic World 2 releases (would be cheaper than trying to cash in on it with a Dino Crisis sequel that one person will play). Though the could just go with Hauzer, Devil Dinosaur, Old Lace, the dinosaurs from the SFXT/USF4 stage, Sauron, Stegron, Shanna and Ka-Zar, or the dinosaur from Old Man Logan that Venom possessed since they're more popular

I think she has a higher shot than people think.

I'd play a new DC over a new RE, to be honest...

I like Regina and always liked the idea of a character that can summon dino's in a fighting game.

I'd like to see her in for Jawmuncher alone. One of these days I need to go back and play the Dino Crisis games. From what I remember of the first game, it was pretty good.

Dahbomb

Now we can finally start theory crafting teams with all relevant information known.

I know my day 1 online scrub team already. Hopefully these two characters are buffed enough from Marvel 3 to make work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
new IGN video with various characters

awful play but it does show Morrigan's ground blade super for the first time (I think?), and I actually really like how it looks.

but yeah its awful play, looks like they never touched a fighting game before, at least a Marvel game (they kinda play it like SF I guess)

I think I posted that one at the top of this page

I hope Jaw gets Regina as well...

Thinking about it, she probably has a better chance than 90% of my wishlist

Skab

https://youtu.be/CXkAKeHjQZY?t=53s

Haha, what's with that sneaky blade at the end of this super that takes unusually long to come out? Seems like it would be a good opportunity to tag a character in and reset them into a mixup (assuming you comboed into the super).

Isn't a sneaky blade, Thanos just stopped blocking too soon and the final blade clipped him in the back. (you can see it clearly if you slow it down or even go frame by frame)

El Sloth

Banned
Isn't a sneaky blade, Thanos just stopped blocking too soon and the final blade clipped him in the back. (you can see it clearly if you slow it down or even go frame by frame)
Huh, you're right. I guess the hitbox (hitbubble?) continues to linger there as long as the purple effect does? Still, nice utility seeing how long it keeps them in blockstun.

Rhaknar

anyone into some unexpected character from the footage we've had so far?

I didnt expect to give 2 fucks about Hawkeye but hes up there with my favorites from what I've seen.

Mizerman

anyone into some unexpected character from the footage we've had so far?

I didnt expect to give 2 fucks about Hawkeye but hes up there with my favorites from what I've seen.

I like how Gamora and Doc Strange are turning out. But yeah, Hawkeye looks seems better so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom