• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite Characters and Stages Roster |DT2| oh dear...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what was that Max stream where Penance Stare came from?

NotLiquid

Marvel side pretty much has it's three characters laid out for them based on the zip leak - Black Panther, Venom and Winter Soldier. The second even seems to have a potential role in the story as the symbiote parasite plays a key role.

On the Capcom side things are a little bit harder to guess. Sigma is confirmed, Hunter is likely based on Ryce's leak from months ago + the zip leak but the third is a big question mark. I really don't think it'd be Grandmaster Meio. That seems like an explicit "NPC only" character.

Speaking of Ryce, he mentioned earlier that he suspects Hunter was cut for DLC because of Ant-Man being removed but I'm wondering whether or not it was Sigma who got moved. It makes no sense to me that Ultron is in the base roster and yet Sigma... isn't.

Also lmao @ Ghost Rider penance stare

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Marvel side pretty much has it's three characters laid out for them based on the zip leak - Black Panther, Venom and Winter Soldier. The second even seems to have a potential role in the story as the symbiote parasite plays a key role.

On the Capcom side things are a little bit harder to guess. Sigma is confirmed, Hunter is likely based on Ryce's leak from months ago + the zip leak but the third is a big question mark. I really don't think it'd be Grandmaster Meio. That seems like an explicit "NPC only" character.

Speaking of Ryce, he mentioned earlier that he suspects Hunter was cut for DLC because of Ant-Man being removed but I'm wondering whether or not it was Sigma who got moved. It makes no sense to me that Ultron is in the base roster and yet Sigma... isn't.

Also lmao @ Ghost Rider penance stare

there is no "likely" for Hunter, there is a female Hunter in the story mode with Black Panther, confirmed by Gameinformer.

So considering the Graviton Core is a stage, might they include Graviton as dlc and basicly have him "function" as Magneto?

no, you know who will "funcion" as Magneto? Magneto.

NotLiquid

there is no "likely" for Hunter, there is a female Hunter in the story mode with Black Panther, confirmed by Gameinformer.

I know this. I say "likely" because I realize some characters in the story mode have a chance of being NPC only, however Hunter likely isn't one of them because she's already been implicated as a character in almost every credible leak.

Rhaknar

I know this. I say "likely" because I realize some characters in the story mode have a chance of being NPC only, however Hunter likely isn't one of them because she's already been implicated as a character in almost every credible leak.

its just Hunter is as certain as the 3 Marvel ones you said were "a lock" :p

SaikyoBro

It's really hitting me that all the classic Marvel themes are gone and probably never going to be remixed again in any official capacity. Cap, Spidey, Hawkeye, Strange, and Nova all deserve better. :[

I can't wait for Iron Fist and the X-Men to get theirs replaced with indistinguishable MCU knock-off music.

Ryce

My gut feeling is that Meio's going to be the last DLC character, despite claims that he's a story mode NPC (which wouldn't be any less true if he was DLC).

With five of the six likely DLC characters present in the .zip leak, I doubt just one would be missing, and Meio is the only Capcom character left. He's also been significantly scaled down in size from his appearance in 2014's Strider, which Capcom wouldn't have to do if he was just an NPC.

Jawmuncher

Meio could be an NPC but be a boss still.
Also Death could be a capcom character. Either Hunk or that guy from capcom fighting all stars.

Personally a character missing from the Zip Leak seems possible to me. Especially if there was development changes. We already talked about how ant-man isn't there.

J-Tier

With five of the six likely DLC characters present in the .zip leak, I doubt just one would be missing, and Meio is the only Capcom character left. He's also been significantly scaled down in size from his appearance in 2014's Strider, which Capcom wouldn't have to do if he was just an NPC.
Yeah, I'm pretty confident it's Meio too. I actually think he's really cool. I'm tempted to go into a diatribe about how the 6 should've been in the base roster though. But it is what it is.
Also Death could be a capcom character. Either Hunk or that guy from capcom fighting all stars.

Personally a character missing from the Zip Leak seems possible to me. Especially if there was development changes. We already talked about how ant-man isn't there.
I'm starting to think that Ant-Man is going to be similar to the Doc Ock case with Marvel 3.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

We already put final nail to that coffin couple months ago. So it's not Capcom Death. I'm fine with a surprise if it's not Meios. But I think it might be him getting last spot.

patchday

I won't go as far as the other guy, but it does seem that 90% of this thread is endless nitpicking, bitching, and moaning.

Do y'all like ANYTHING about the game? Because at this point, one would wonder why y'all even follow it.

It might be better after game drops and all the haters find a different game to complain about. Reddit is always my backup. Granted MvCI is pretty dead there in comparison to IJ2 & Tekken 7.

But yeah after game drops I suspect 80% of gafs will be terrified to go online (and offline content in fighters are super repititive). So after 1 month maybe there will be blissful peace & balance in the MvCI threads

plus you can always just literally 'ignore' the haters. Sometimes I toss relentless whiners on there so I can enjoy threads

* I want to add overall I think this thread has been super positive lately but I also feel the complaints.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Yeah, I don't think the story mode would have all but one of the DLC characters featured. Meio is totally gonna be the third Capcom character.

Coda

Honestly MVCI is the only game I'm looking forward to until maybe a game like Super Mario Odyssey comes out. Call me crazy or a shill or whatever but the game looks hella fun despite the bad art direction and UI.

The game looks really good now I'm just disappointed about the lack of X Men and hardly any classic Capcom characters I want Captain Commando or Jin back right now the only characters I'll actually play are Hulk And Jedah.

patchday

Honestly there are a LOT of characters in the roster I am interested in. But I never even touched this series since I played it in Arcades. So to me, no asset is reused. As they say ignorance is bliss

I feel bad for the dedicated UMvC3 fan I can understand the roster complaints.

Honestly MVCI is the only game I'm looking forward to until maybe a game like Super Mario Odyssey comes out. Call me crazy or a shill or whatever but the game looks hella fun despite the bad art direction and UI.
Same here. Outside of this, the SF Anniversary Collection, and SSFV, i really couldn't care less about most games coming out for a good while.

Rhaknar

"im not a DBZ shill because everybody likes that game, cant be a shill when everybody likes the game"

"I only got paid for 1 fighting game, Tekken 7, and that was a sponsored stream that they wanted to do and I was open to it, but everybody likes Tekken so nobody cared"

I like this sarcastic Max much more than the "gee guyz I know people will hate these videos but well heres some Marvel footage" Max :3

edit: I laugh every time Max says somethign is dirty bullshit :D

Rhaknar

could you combo off the bike super on Ghost Rider in 3? Because you can here after the wheelie it seems.

MrCarter

"im not a DBZ shill because everybody likes that game, cant be a shill when everybody likes the game"

"I only got paid for 1 fighting game, Tekken 7, and that was a sponsored stream that they wanted to do and I was open to it, but everybody likes Tekken so nobody cared"

I like this sarcastic Max much more than the "gee guyz I know people will hate these videos but well heres some Marvel footage" Max :3

edit: I laugh every time Max says somethign is dirty bullshit :D

lol he's come full circle. He's right though, it seems you are only a shill to some FGC people if you like Capcom games. All these MvCi videos must be blowing their feeble minds.

Jawmuncher

The penance stare does seem like they ripped half of it from MVC3 and forgot to do the rest. Not a big deal though. Doubt it gets pulled off much. Though it's kind of odd if you don't win the game with it.

I don't think anyone who actually followed the game (and weren't kidding themselves) ever doubted it being good, tbh.

It's just the roster and models are... easy targets.

They are, though the models seem to be getting better. I wonder if they're still planning on that day 1 patch since Chun and Chris look fine now.

It sucks that it's going to take another 60 bucks to fix the roster with DLC. Still, there are like 6 characters I'm looking at right now on the base roster that I want to play extremely badly.

IDK because there's a lot of things at the surface that look really off about this game but at the same time the stuff Max has been showing makes me think this might actually be the best MvC to actually watch and play.

RE Ghost Rider's Penance Stare: It looks like it's missing an animation or something. The way it just freezes on a still of his face looks half-assed.

Watching the Max stream, it looks like Dorm still has his "...RUN" like following Stalking Flare but it's so muted and lacks any of the menace of the line read in MvC3. That's a small bummer there.

Skab

Max mentioned during his stream that he pointed out the stares animation to the capcom guys and even they were like "yeah it's weird?" So it's most likely just not finished in that build.

Neoxon

Max mentioned during his stream that he pointed out the stares animation to the capcom guys and even they were like "yeah it's weird?" So it's most likely just not finished in that build.
That may justify a Day 1 update, unless that build actually isn't final.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How about "Let Me Fix My Face"
This is good.

I will accept no OT subtitle that isn't "f(x)-men." It just works on so many levels.
Yep, by far the best and most creative option thus far, however..

Game has enough whining and shitposting without an OT title that invites more of it.
..this is also very true and a concern for discussion. Last thing you want in an OT is loud DR2K types shitposting ad nauseum and drowning actual discussion about the game.

So considering the Graviton Core is a stage, might they include Graviton as dlc and basicly have him "function" as Magneto?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qyM7LsOXQDk
Nova is the function of Magneto, we know this.

LOL

looks like one of those Halloween skulls my mother puts on her front lawn. Of all the things you've already ripped from MvC3, you don't rip this animation?
It's clear at this point that so much has changed just for the sake of changing it so not to look like a direct copy+paste, even though a bunch of them make things actively worse because presumably it's a bunch of green animators and modellers that they've hired. Iron Man's Proton Cannon also comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom