• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could the lack of females characters , be because someone is out of touch?

Game has like Japanese producers or was it directors?

Since game isn't being marketed towards Japan , they probably think that Americans only like guys and think that the Japanese taste would have been opposite but it's not a factor to this game.

Reminder that UMVC3 added 12 characters to the roster of MvC3, ALL MALE.

Meanwhile in SF5 land, every year of DLC has added 2 female characters.

I'm guessing it's a Marvel thing more than a Capcom thing. Thankfully female Monster Hunter and possibly Death may be on their way...

MrMephistoX

I'm guessing it's a Marvel thing more than a Capcom thing. Thankfully female Monster Hunter and possibly Death may be on their way...

I'd put my money on Hela rather than Death especially if they want to get that Thor Ragnarok synergy going.
although rumor has it they're merging Godess of Death with Death for Infinity War...which personally I would find kind of acceptable
the mobile Marvel Games like Champions seem to take the additional characters tied to movie releases anyway so would love them do some new Black Panther characters as well.

Durden77

How can the demo have left me so cold but these videos be getting me so erect?

Capcom Fighters have a knack for really fully coming together about a month before release when it comes to graphics, gameplay, and other shit.

MvCI is the most extreme example. While I've always had faith in the gameplay, this game legit looked like shit in some areas around the time of that demo release. That E3 story mode trailer was embarrassing, where as the latest story mode trailer is actually kind of cool.

Capcom normally does not release demos of their fighting games, and of course the one time they decided to to it was at a time where a demo representing the game was when the game was in a stage of development that it should not have been seen that close by the public. It was honestly a really poor desicion to release that demo at that time, as all it did was pretty much escalate the ill will towards the game rather than let it die down so it could show it's true colors now.

Big0Bear

UMVC 1 black character

MvCi 1 black character there are more monsters and aliens in both games

MrMephistoX

Capcom Fighters have a knack for really fully coming together about a month before release when it comes to graphics, gameplay, and other shit.

MvCI is the most extreme example. While I've always had faith in the gameplay, this game legit looked like shit in some areas around the time of that demo release. That E3 story mode trailer was embarrassing, where as the latest story mode trailer is actually kind of cool.

Capcom normally does not release demos of their fighting games, and of course the one time they decided to to it was at a time where a demo representing the game was when the game was in a stage of development that it should not have been seen that close by the public. It was honestly a really poor desicion to release that demo at that time, as all it did was pretty much escalate the ill will towards the game rather than let it die down so it could show it's true colors now.

Honestly that demo should have never been released it took time away from development just to have a cool headline in Sony's press conference..."and you can download a demo...right now!" Goddamnit I sound like Dennis Dyak. Honestly even SFIV Chun Li looked like shit in early demos.

JayEH

Honestly that demo should have never been released it took time away from development just to have a cool headline in Sony's press conference..."and you can download a demo...right now!" Goddamnit I sound like Dennis Dyak.

Well that e3 trailer was horrible so they needed a stinger...

Perineum

I know I am going to regret this, but I'll day one.

The lab stuff is just too fun to pass up, and I really want to play as Black Panther and Jedah.

How far out until Black Panther drops? Is he day 1 if you pre order or, day 1 to buy or ?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I know I am going to regret this, but I'll day one.

The lab stuff is just too fun to pass up, and I really want to play as Black Panther and Jedah.

How far out until Black Panther drops? Is he day 1 if you pre order or, day 1 to buy or ?

DLC characters are not day one as far as we know.

Durden77

Honestly that demo should have never been released it took time away from development just to have a cool headline in Sony's press conference..."and you can download a demo...right now!" Goddamnit I sound like Dennis Dyak. Honestly even SFIV Chun Li looked like shit in early demos.

Yup. Just an unfortunate decision all around really. A few of my casual friends that still liked UMvC3 played the demo and they were very much turned off. Having to build the hype back up for them with these streams and shit.

Did twitch kill all the streams for this?? There isn't a single one showing up.

I'm watching one right now... https://www.twitch.tv/insertgame Not really any great streams happening right now but this will do until Bum/LiJoe/Jwong comes back.

Durden77

So those that are going to use stick, what layout are you thinking of using?

I'm thinking of just going with the standard layout of...

LPHPTag
LKHKSurge

But man, I feel like that's really going to be hard for me to adapt to after so much UMvC3. My thumb had a very specific role in that game with the launcher, so having actual attack buttons on the bottom is going to be weird.

Dormammu is black confirmed
His voice actor in MvC3 was. Is his MvCi voice actor black?

I miss his MvC3 voice so much. :( I don't know why this guy is yelling so much.

New characters have been doing work in this game. Let's hope that trend continues with the DLC character.

Every game should use the HotS system.

Release broken character as DLC.

Downgrade later after people pay.

Dahbomb

https://youtu.be/GhkiLDwq5Eo omg they showed Zero's Lightning loop in an official tutorial lol. It's not gonna be as strong as 3's loops but it's still hilarious to me and people will be mad salty.
That's cool, means they intend that to be in the game.

LL aren't going to be optimal in this game due to the scaling. They were strong in Marvel 3 because the scaling on Zero's attacks was way too high.

Durden77

His voice actor in MvC3 was. Is his MvCi voice actor black?

I miss his MvC3 voice so much. :( I don't know why this guy is yelling so much.

Both flame head's voice changes are significantly worse. Ghost Rider and Dorm's VAs in UMvC3 were incredibly bad-ass and had this almost chill tone to them that evoked a type of power that you're just not supposed to understand. Now they just have all of that on the surface and yell about everything to evoke their power. Probably the 2 worst tragedies of MvCI's changes in voice acting. I'm going to miss Ghost Rider's in particular so much.

Phil LaMarr is one of the best VAs out there, shame he didn't do Dorm right.

It probably wasn't his fault. It seems like in was the VA director's fault, considering in general there's a lot more on the surface yelling and stuff in MvCI across the board.

smurfx

get some go again
Phil LaMarr(Aquaman in Injustice 2 among many others) voices Dormammu in this game, so yes--Dormammu is still black.
good to see him get work after mad tv. is there any chance gill is being added to sf5 in the future which is why capcom would want him to show up first in mvci?

Durden77

good to see him get work after mad tv. is there any chance gill is being added to sf5 in the future which is why capcom would want him to show up first in mvci?

He's done a ton of voice work since Mad tv. He's a fairly big name in VA now a days.

The game was announced December 2016. Even then the game has been in the works since at least 2015. It's not like they started working on it when they announced it..
My Google-Fu is weak, or biased...farthest back I saw stuff was in June. You're right, they didn't start dev when it was announced, but something about it seems a little rushed to me, is all. Edit - and not all the obvious & glaring things xD

Durden77

Calling stalking flare "floating bomb" is just weird.

Floating BALL actually.

And yeah, it is. Ruler of the Dark Dimension is gonna call one of his fiercest attacks that's a floating ball.....floating ball. Real creative Dorm. How the hell didn't they have him say Stalking Flare?

New Dorm is pretty good. It's different than old Dorm, a bit more forceful and less sadistically menacing but I think it works. I'll miss the way he said "RUN... RUN" in a very mocking tone in MvC3. New one just states it with hardly any inflection at all.

New Ghost Rider just sounds... too tryhard? I don't like it.

Contrary to a lot of people it seems like I think Gamora is perfectly fine.

Durden77

New Dorm is pretty good. It's different than old Dorm, a bit more forceful and less sadistically menacing but I think it works. I'll miss the way he said "RUN... RUN" in a very mocking tone in MvC3. New one just states it with hardly any inflection at all.

New Ghost Rider just sounds... too tryhard? I don't like it.

Contrary to a lot of people it seems like I think Gamora is perfectly fine.

I like Gamora too. I think her sound bits are gonna stick.

But yeah, try hard is a good word for the new Ghost Rider. It's like "I HAVE A FLAMING HEAD AND I'M A BAD ASS KNOW THAT I HAD A FLAMING HEAD AND THAT I'M A BAD ASS". UMvC3's was so god damn cool. "Eat chaaaaaaaaaaiiiiin."

Floating BALL actually.

And yeah, it is. Ruler of the Dark Dimension is gonna call one of his fiercest attacks floating ball. Real creative Dorm. How the hell didn't they have him say Stalking Flare?

I honesty wish they did this for everyone now lol

Iron Man: "Extreme Laserbeam"
Spencer: "Surgically Enhanced Robitic Arm Strike"
Jedah: "Terms and conditions"

Soulstar

Floating BALL actually.

And yeah, it is. Ruler of the Dark Dimension is gonna call one of his fiercest attacks that's a floating ball.....floating ball. Real creative Dorm. How the hell didn't they have him say Stalking Flare?

I actually like it. Now I just imagine it's a crazy powerful attack from other people's perspective but for Dormammu it's just some floating ball that he threw together on a whim.

nded

Strider's voice is weird. Way too gruff.

Morrigan : "Split into two versions of myself!"
Haggar - "Punch you a lot!"
Hulk - "Meteor ride!"

Meteor Ride sounds cool, actually. it also sounds like meteorite which is what it technically is being in the Earth's atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom