• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I wanna see what Max is going to cook up for the HUD for PC Marvel. He looks to have some big plans for this one with a designer.

well... unless he said anything else about it, that was just a one off comment on a stream, he didnt specifically said he had any actual plans to do it.

Any pics of everyone's colors yet and how much they'll have? I remember seeing a pink Ultron from LI Joe's twitter and it was actually pretty dope looking imo.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
The boss makes this seem like it will be a pain to grind.

Hate bosses like those.

Well, if you are doing it for the trophy. Yeah, you have to do it 15 times so I'm going to team up my strongest character with weak sauce characters I'm not good with like Rocket Raccoon.

If you are doing it for colors, you could do it online to get all colors, iirc.

Durden77

Marn really likes X, but it seems like all he does with him is airdash j.hk. Seems like X had more to him than that and is not a pure rush down character, because he's starting to get eaten up by Flash. Marn doesn't know how to do anything other than rushdown, X might not be his guy lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, if you are doing it for the trophy. Yeah, you have to do it 15 times so I'm going to team up my strongest character with weak sauce characters I'm not good with like Rocket Raccoon.

If you are doing it for colors, you could do it online to get all colors, iirc.

do WHAT online? nobody has explained yet,

just play online? win online and unlock 1 color? win 5 matches? play 10 matches? what is it?

what the fuck is this hitbox
QueasyGrandAfricanharrierhawk-max-14mb.gif

JayEH

So after everyone saying Reality or Soul would be the top tier stone for weeks it looks like Power is early on. Funny how things go.

Rhaknar

So after everyone saying Reality or Soul would be the top tier stone for weeks it looks like Power is early on. Funny how things go.

im not letting go of my time stone dreams!

NEO0MJ

I feel it helps a lot that power's Storm is easy to use and gives every character a wall bounce. And with scaling being so strong in this game getting max damage from combos becomes even more tempting. And while Soul's Storm is also considered super good it's surge is far less useful.

Durden77

Keep in mind right now all people are thinking about are combos and damage. Power stone opens up more combos for potential damage, so everyone's going to naturally gravitate to that first. Hell I'm going to, I want to do cool extended combos.

Not that I'm saying powerstone isn't going to be good, it looks extremely useful. It's just we'll have to see how the game develops and if raw damage is as important as it was in UMvC3.

Ryce

I wish the stages were more sensibly organized like this:

iDgRjpC.png

The character and stage select screens are just so much nicer to look at when they make sense.

Watching jwong's stream and Hulk seems way oppressive against small characters that do multiple light hits. He just armors through everything. I think he might be better than people are predicting early on.

Rhaknar

Semi-related but after Venom-verse there is another Venom comic coming out, Venom Inc.

They are doing a weird Venom push lately, reminds me of the Deadpool push like 10 years ago.

FSLink

Banned
Controller bros - whats the button set up you guys are planning to use? In MVC3 I had to use the following:

Square - L
Triangle - M
Circle - H
X - S
L1 - Assist 1
L2 - L (for Zero/Vergil charging)
R1 - Assist 2
R2 - L+M macro for air dashing

I'm not sure what the optimal layout is anymore. Are airdashes still two attack buttons in this?

Probably default until I figure out if there's something more optimal.

In 3 I used:
L M H
S A1 A2

and then when I found out about easier plink dashes I did

L M H L+M
S A1 A2

and I plink dashed with H->L+M

So gonna stick with the default unless there's something better later.
LP HP Tag
LK HK Stone

I feel it helps a lot that power's Storm is easy to use and gives every character a wall bounce. And with scaling being so strong in this game getting max damage from combos becomes even more tempting. And while Soul's Storm is also considered super good it's surge is far less useful.

The biggest thing I noticed about Power Stone early on from reading about it was that the Infinity Storm makes it so the opponent can't push block you out. That effectively makes it similar to Space Stone if you have a character that can get their way in. Get in their face, then combo into a 70-100% combo depending on the character just seems really strong.

I really think the Day 1 stones will be Power and Reality.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Sorry if I'm late with this, but Nova's specials are now buffed when you get more meter. This would probably make the Mind Stone the one to go with if you have Nova on your team.
I actually like that. Nice replacement for the redhealth thing. If only he could still dash punch... Why did they remove that again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJEFXLpMrFY

Arcade playthrough. He did Hulk/Ryu, ending credits still had spider-man/Cap Am remixed themes. So i guess there are no more classic remixes? :(
mpKZg.png

I wish the stages were more sensibly organized like this:

iDgRjpC.png

The character and stage select screens are just so much nicer to look at when they make sense.
Maybe the css is in an internal order? As in order implemented?

Spades

I'm selling a digital copy of the game along with the character pass on Xbox over in the BST thread if anyone is interested.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I haven't been following this game too closely..I need to know, were the SRK motions removed in favor of tapping down down? Please say no.

Durden77

I haven't been following this game too closely..I need to know, were the SRK motions removed in favor of tapping down down? Please say no.

Some characters still have SRK motions, like Dorm and Ryu. But generally it's all quarter/half circles and down down now.

mas8705

*watches the arcade playthrough*

They half-assed the arcade mode?! I can (somewhat) get not showing the transformation for the final boss, but for it to end on a "Congratulations!" is just... underwhelming.

Hell, I would have taken the MvC2 ending where you could at least just watch still images of everyone hanging out together over this!

It really is two steps forward, three steps back with Infinite, isn't it?

They half-assed the arcade mode?! I can (somewhat) get not showing the transformation for the final boss, but for it to end on a "Congratulations!" is just... underwhelming.

Hell, I would have taken the MvC2 ending where you could at least just watch still images of everyone hanging out together over this!

A lot of fighting game devs are stepping away from arcade endings.

Rhaknar

Monkey's paw more like it.

Lol.. and no arcade endings is lazy af. Just pay bengus the money Capcom to make some panels.

A full, 2 hour cinematic story mode requires a billion times more work than a couple still images at the end of arcade mode.

The word you're looking for isn't 'lazy'.

Lol, adding an actual lengthy, coherent story mode and losing throwaway, rando 10 second endings is a net loss? Really?

Injustice 2 has both. Yeah, yeah, budget. I still don't see why they couldn't have endings in Arcade, though.

Capcom wants to sell 2 million. They gotta go the extra mile sometimes.

Arcade endings would always have the cool cameos as well. It's honestly wack.

Jawmuncher

Just curious, who is the wrist who done all endings for MVC3 and UMVC3?
67dKxnV.jpg

This is the main reason I was hoping for Arcade endings. Since it allows for more crossover fun. Which is my biggest reason for liking MvC. I love seeing all these different character's interact. Even if they can't be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom