• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay/Pre-Launch Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryu sounds pretty bad in this game, but he was alright in Marvel 3 despite having the same VA

I feel the opposite. I like the deeper Ryu.

Hebert apparently decided after SFV that he was going to do less of a stoic voice and more of a gritty one for him, since both Smash and Inf have the new voice direction.

JAXXX

Phil LaMarr is well known name in voice acting. He gets plenty of work.
Phil Lamarr is the voice of both..
33614022613_0f793e2086_b.jpg

and
e0961c56baee7002-600x400.png

in INJUSTICE-
he's really good.

he's also a really good comedian
hqdefault.jpg

madtv-season2-32.jpg

voice of -
9660813b6e9eb75981393c773da21139.jpg

A bit of trivia: Phil Lamarr has a small role in Pulp Fiction where
John Travolta's character blow's his brains out all over the interior of a car

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The VAs currently seem like the #1 thing that will negatively contribute to my enjoyment of the game over time.

TBH most times I rationalize changes as a stylistic choice or having some sort of rationale that I don't necessarily agree with, but they just sound bad.

I agree with Karst, Dormammu's calm, yet confident and menacing tone in MvC3 >>>>>>>> MvC:I's more exaggerated, hysterical, villainous, and loud voice.

I feel the opposite. I like the deeper Ryu.

Hebert apparently decided after SFV that he was going to do less of a stoic voice and more of a gritty one for him, since both Smash and Inf have the new voice direction.

oh yeah, I did notice he was a bit gruff in Smash. I liked it

Also had no idea Phil Lamarr was Dorm. He's a great VA and I really loved him as Vamp in MGS. He also voiced Static Shock and Carver from The Weekenders, both of which were young characters and really shows that he has great range as a VA.

Johnny Yong Bosch also has great range. It's just no one tells him to use it anymore.

Neoxon

oh yeah, I did notice he was a bit gruff in Smash. I liked it

Also had no idea Phil Lamarr was Dorm. He's a great VA and I really loved him as Vamp in MGS. He also voiced Static and Carver from The Weekenders, both of which were young characters and really shows that he has great range as a VA.

Johnny Yong Bosch also has great range. It's just no one tells him to use it anymore.
FTFY

It's Static, NOT Static Shock.

Gren

Wait there's no JPN voices for the Capcom side? Does this mean their lips will be synced with the ENG voices now?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
seems the consensus for buttons is

LP HP TAG
LK HK GEM

sounds about right

Controller bros - whats the button set up you guys are planning to use? In MVC3 I had to use the following:

Square - L
Triangle - M
Circle - H
X - S
L1 - Assist 1
L2 - L (for Zero/Vergil charging)
R1 - Assist 2
R2 - L+M macro for air dashing

I'm not sure what the optimal layout is anymore. Are airdashes still two attack buttons in this?

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Controller bros - whats the button set up you guys are planning to use? In MVC3 I had to use the following:

Square - L
Triangle - M
Circle - H
X - S
L1 - Assist 1
R1 - Assist 2

I'm not sure what the optimal layout is anymore. Are airdashes still two attack buttons in this?
Button config should be mostly the same, tbh. Airdash is still any two buttons, as far as I know.

Dahbomb

Spider Man looking nice.

Looks like Chun and Spider Man are the heavy rushdown characters of the game. Their pressure is insane.

Meanwhile Hulk just gets hella rushed down. Not looking good for big bodies if rushdown can beat them too.

brian!

Yesterday I was dropping tons of shit because I kept going to R1 for heavy attacks and kept tagging my other character in.

Same

Square - L
Triangle - M
Circle - H
X - S
L1 - Assist 1
R1 - Assist 2

Im actually really curious about this too. Im trying to learn zero but they made it so you can't bind 2 of the same button (so no L2 and square for light punch) making his charging very awkward.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Damn look at this HUD concept. Credit to fishoa on reddit.

Really hope something like this happens someday. Man that looks so much better.

those gem bars are unnecesary, I actually like the default gem meter. The rest is great.

Realyl hoping PC is easy to mod for stuff like this.

By the way I noticed Iron Man's Proton Canon matches whatever color you are using, which is neat, so why dont Ultron's drones ;_;

Durden77

Did he took some stuffs from UMVC3? They looks familiar.

Yeah definitely inspired by UMvC3. He said so in his post.

those gem bars are unnecesary, I actually like the default gem meter. The rest is great.

Realyl hoping PC is easy to mod for stuff like this.

Yeah the extra stone meter is superfluous. The regular meter is fine. The one he added is fine too but obviously you don't need 2 lol. But dat hyper meter tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom