• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite |OT| Marvel vs. Capcom: 4 Female Characters

Me and my boy thanos will just be patiently waiting for black panther I really need to find someone else to play in the meantime! Can't wait to play tonight

brian!

Fighting game story modes should just focus on providing as much fanservice as possible and dump the pretense that they'll be some heavy handed Bioshock shit. That'll be better for everyone involved.

I kinda feel this way, like i think tekken pulled off "story mode as extra feature in fighting game" pretty solidly, but the story mode in this game reminds me of The Room

FSLink

Banned
I'm more annoyed at the weird UI decisions than the generic looking UI (and I do actually don't mind the in-game battle one, it's at least easier to read initially than UMvC3's).

Why aren't the stages/characters listed in order? Why is Player 1 the only one who can control Rematch after a match? etc.

Is there a way to disable chromatic aberration?

Have you seen the PS4 version to compare?

I'm not sure if you can, though it may be possible if you turn down the Post-Processing settings to Medium or Low.

Unfortunately, I haven't. I enjoyed the game so much that I'm probably going to buy the PS4 version as I doubt the PC player-base will be as big.

I kinda feel this way, like i think tekken pulled off "story mode as extra feature in fighting game" pretty solidly, but the story mode in this game reminds me of The Room

The story in this game isn't really that bad. Things get hyped when you notice shit and obvious nods to characters. But then it fumbles when they have to be relevantly serious and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I think self contained stories would have been a little better but this is the result of people wanting a story mode.

I'm more annoyed at the weird UI decisions than the generic looking UI (and I do actually don't mind the in-game battle one, it's at least easier to read initially than UMvC3's).

Why aren't the stages/characters listed in order? Why is Player 1 the only one who can control Rematch after a match? etc.

Loser picks the rematch.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
What the heck kind of announcement is a tiny text blurb at the end of a blog post?

Get outta here! They are great! Even though Venom is technically a veteran, I'm sure he will play like an all new character, so 6 brand new freakin characters. That's what we needed from the get go.

That a character is brand new doesn't make them not boring.

brian!

I wanna gush about the gem system, when i first heard about it i was definitely pretty pessimistic about it. But, in my limited experience with the game, i think they pulled it off really well. The way the different parts of this game interact with each other feels intuitive but also full of things to discover. And also it is a game that is unabashed about how it's about BS, i love that. It's early but im vibing positive about it

There will def be tiers of strength, like reality and power are easy and strong, mind might be weak starting out but the grab is potentially one of the strongest skills to add to a character and worth settling for an underwhelming storm activation once you get your setups down, soul strong as fuk, time strong, only one that seems pretty underwhelming is space imo.

The story in this game isn't really that bad. Things get hyped when you notice shit and obvious nods to characters. But then it fumbles when they have to be relevantly serious and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I think self contained stories would have been a little better but this is the result of people wanting a story mode.

Loser picks the rematch.

I mean different strokes ofc, for me it was instantly killed with the voice acting and the writing. At the same time i dont think im the target audience for marvel so that doesn't help either lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Who do I have to sell my body to for some Breath of Fire characters??
Suddenly, out of nowhere, Teepo is announced for DLC.

If it was anyone it'd be Ryu obviously, hopefully in his adult BoF3 form

rmanthorp

No X-Men and 4 woman fighters is legit enough to not make me pick this up - hype as fuck to spectate and will maybe pick it up in a few years when it's packed with DLC

but MAN what a bummer roster and presentation. Gameplay looks TIGHT tho.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like this is why DLC petition thread was premature, as they'd announce DLC characters around this time. People should probably double back and edit their responses given the new information.

But now that they've been revealed I think I can put together a list of who I'd like in.

vg260

I'm not sure if you can, though it may be possible if you turn down the Post-Processing settings to Medium or Low.

Unfortunately, I haven't. I enjoyed the game so much that I'm probably going to buy the PS4 version as I doubt the PC player-base will be as big.

Ugh. Hopefully there's an ini setting. Bummed about the PS4 version, as I was thinking of doing the same, but can't tolerate the effect.

Is it in-match or just the story?

brian!

The endorphin rush i get with 4 characters on the screen trying to outwit each other like it's an anime is really uncomparable, i am 100% the dude trying marvel for the first time and being like...this is the answer...

AAK

Looking forward to getting my copy tomorrow and having some fun despite the graphics.

I'm in the unpopular camp of not wanting xmen classics. I don't want them to recycle more stuff from MvC3. Hopefully all the DLC from here on out will be brand new characters w/ new models & animations.

And at least Winter Soldier vs Spencer should be pretty fun.
Team Bionic Arms
No one said that you couldn't be excited. They just said they found them boring.
Still though, "they" found them boring. I am not they. One persons boring is another persons holy shit. I stopped watching footage a couple days ago, to help keep my mind off the game, but even then I was super excited to play Spencer, despite him looking like he barely got anything new. Now even if they are indeed boring up front, it'll just be up to users to make them not boring. The tools are there.

warp_

Banned
So can I buy this game from CDkeys and activate it on steam with a VPN? has anybody done it?

Only if you have an EU account, because cdkeys is only offering keys that work on EU accounts. VPN will not affect the ability for the key to redeem on your Steam account if it is not an EU account.

Dahbomb

The game reviews were as expected and honestly less scathing than I expected. Everyone is rightfully railing on the presentation and roster but praising the game play. Story seems like a hit or miss.

Also WTF @ the DLC. So we are going to get 4 Marvel characters and 2 Capcom characters?

That's going to hurt a lot of people's OCD! I have to imagine they had two more Capcom characters planned but they couldn't make it for 2017.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
/dead at the read title.

Bought the PC Deluxe on GMG, preloading now.

The game reviews were as expected and honestly less scathing than I expected. Everyone is rightfully railing on the presentation and roster but praising the game play. Story seems like a hit or miss.

Also WTF @ the DLC. So we are going to get 4 Marvel characters and 2 Capcom characters?

That's going to hurt a lot of people's OCD! I have to imagine they had two more Capcom characters planned but they couldn't make it for 2017.

Ryce and Jaw are theorizing that Natalia was pushed up to this year in response to gender ratio complaints.

perhaps they could balance the character select screen with 2 random select icons (random single and random team) on the capcom side

Dahbomb

If Ryce and Jaw are right then that means the other two Capcom characters were dudes.

Asura and Gene in there?

In any case Jaw can pretend Black Widow is Regina so we will have even Capcom and Marvel reps!

RoeBear

Ugghhh just read the op. No legacy controller support means no buy. I had bought mvc3 for ps4 then found no legacy support, and I can't use pad to save my life. Disappointed...

ZeroCDR

Ugghhh just read the op. No legacy controller support means no buy. I had bought mvc3 for ps4 then found no legacy support, and I can't use pad to save my life. Disappointed...

Nobody likes the added cost, but a Brooks adapter is a lifesaver here. Beats buying a brand new stick.

I think Winter Soldier and Black Widow are both cool characters but it feels like with the inclusion of both there's a lot of "agile fighter with guns" characters in the game. Worried there's going to be a lot of overlap between them and the existing roster.

Also I wonder if the lopsided dlc characters means that Capcom is going to be introducing 2 characters on the capcom side separately, maybe as free dlc or through some kind of promotion. It just feels weird to not have symmetry.

SFV is on Unreal 4 too isn't it? I wonder if they might port over characters from that into Marvel at some point.

Jawmuncher

Not gonna happen wish. Wesker and Vergil are free DLC.

If Ryce and Jaw are right then that means the other two Capcom characters were dudes.

Asura and Gene in there?

In any case Jaw can pretend Black Widow is Regina so we will have even Capcom and Marvel reps!

This game is nothing but Monkey Paws for me.
I'm not a fan of Black Widow at all lol.

Top Bottom