• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer, Sep 17th, 8 reveals, 6 2017 DLC characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I just wanna see it in updated motion. Lot of folks echoing how ugly it is...it might not be so bad once they show gameplay.

Still excited for the game though. Where dat preorder button at

Zedox

Reveal Black Panther you fuckers. Oh I hope they don't keep him for 2018 "Character Pass" because that's when the movie is coming out...Oh fuck that makes too much logical sense. Oh fuck me.

Still Day 1 buy.

Alienous

I don't think it looks bad. The faces are off, except for the Hulk, but they seem to be going for a similar clay-like effect Street Fighter V went with and it seems to be working. The materials seem good.

Hopefully they can give the faces an overhaul, but at least there's no Banana Ken face yet.

ZeroCDR

I know I mentioned it in last page but I think people overlooked this one. I think we are going to get yearly character pass for MVCI as well.

I might read little too much into this but yeah..

They really should, that was one of MvC3's biggest problems. This should mean long term support and patches, and there's plenty of characters to choose from to make for DLC. I'm very excited for this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
newmarvelcapcom_2074373b.png

New Hulk move? Or Hulk using an Infinity Gem?

Seiniyta

The gameplay will probably be fine. The reason the visuals are underwhelming on a technical level is because of Marvel being quite a bit more demanding with effects and more characters on screen. However, it is dissapointing the lightning has that greyish filter on it. The artstyle I'm not a fan off though.

Even Street Fighter V looks way more vibrant then this.

BumRush

I think the art-style looks awesome!

I don't play the series enough to buy it and buy all the DLC (and I suck at fighting games), but I'll definitely grab it when UMVCI comes out (if it does)

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
This is gonna have the SF5 DLC model, isn't it? Sic DLC caharactes aligns with SF5's character pass.

Probably. Hopefully if it is, it also adopts the "fight money" portion too...so you can just grind the characters and spend in game money not have to do the paid DLC. Grinding it out might not resonate for some but at least its a choice if you don't wanna come outta pocket

BadWolf

The gameplay will probably be fine. The reason the visuals are underwhelming on a technical level is because of Marvel being quite a bit more demanding with effects and more characters on screen. However, it is dissapointing the lightning has that greyish filter on it. The artstyle I'm not a fan off though.

Even Street Fighter V looks way more vibrant then this.

This will have less characters on screen than MVC3 tho.

2v2 instead of 3v3.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Also, two new stages (or at least parts of stages), I was wrong.

The throne room or whatever in my previous post, and this Avengers-themed (probably Tower) room:

newmarvelcapcom_2074333.png

Not liking any of the stages TBH.

PixelatedBookake

I don't like the artstyle. Looks like a mobile game. Also not a fan of how this might end up as Marvel movie promotion to some extent. Even down to the Marvel characters having the same/similar outfits to their movie counterparts (Cap, Rocket)

I don't care if it looks like shit or the story mode is wack, where the fuck is the gameplay? This entire game lives or dies by the gameplay which last we heard sounded like trash.

mcmmaster

That was incredibly stale. MVC3 trailers were ten times more hype and better realised than whatever has been put out for Infinite so far.

Where are all the people at that said they would improve the visuals in this 5 month gap, they couldn't even be bothered to add a nice looking shader lmao.

newmarvelcapcom_2074343b.png

Neoxon

I don't like the artstyle. Looks like a mobile game. Also not a fan of how this might end up as Marvel movie promotion to some extent. Even down to the Marvel characters having the same/similar outfits to their movie counterparts (Cap, Rocket)
Hawkeye's design was also changed to line up with the MCU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom