• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's ANT-MAN Lack-of-Hype Thread. Fuckin' Ant-Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hype is dead. Between this and Hawkguy, my love for the Marvel universe is at an all-time low.

tumblr_mopqfjrk8y1rvs9wso2_r1_400.gif

I don't usually say this, but if this still gets made, I hope it's such an abysmal failure that Marvel or Disney or whoever caused this situation gets a wake up call how precious this whole multi-billion dollar cinematic universe thing really is.

(Or at least don't screw up GotG 2.)

I don't usually say this, but if this still gets made, I hope it's such an abysmal failure that Marvel or Disney or whoever caused this situation gets a wake up call how precious this whole multi-billion dollar cinematic universe thing really is.

(Or at least don't screw up GotG 2.)

They'll just cancel the whole thing or decide it was a fluke, and never take a risk on a hero again. There's no way they'll ever make the right decision. Now is the time to be upset.

Loke13

Aren't you all just jumping to conclusions here? We have no idea if the movie is going to be bad or not just like we didn't know when Edger Wright was the director.

Why don't we just wait and see?

Aren't you all just jumping to conclusions here? We have no idea if the movie is going to be bad or not just like we didn't know when Edger Wright was the director.

Why don't we just wait and see?

Given the director walked away weeks before filming, the script is destroyed due to increased corporate meddling, and numerous other high profile directors are going in for talks and then immediately walking away, at what point do you suggest we start panicking? This seems to be an even worse situation than what created X-Men 3.

TDLink

lol how things have reversed

We probably lost the most unique movie in the MCU.

raining_david_tennant_nosedrip.gif

Wright's Ant Man would have been great, but Guardians of the Galaxy was always the outlier and will continue to be the "most unique" as far as the MCU goes. Doctor Strange has the potential to be out there too.

I like to think all these other directors are being true bros and refusing out of solidarity with Edgar Wright, and eventually Marvel will have no choice but to go crawling back #DoTheWrightThing #WrightManfortheJob #WrighttoremainEdgar

ryan299

I like to think all these other directors are being true bros and refusing out of solidarity with Edgar Wright, and eventually Marvel will have no choice but to go crawling back #DoTheWrightThing #WrightManfortheJob #WrighttoremainEdgar

That's what everybody wants to think but the truth is Marvel butchered the script and nobody wants to touch it. Even with a Wright movie version of the character it probably wasn't going to be that successful.

Paul Rudd will drop out soon and Marvel will cancel it.

TDLink

Pure fan-fiction. It would be great, but there is no way whichever numbskill executive forced the changes in Wright's script will be able to swallow his pride to let it happen. Wright also wouldn't be back unless they reverted to his original script.

That's what everybody wants to think but the truth is Marvel butchered the script and nobody wants to touch it. Even with a Wright movie version of the character it probably wasn't going to be that successful.

Paul Rudd will drop out soon and Marvel will cancel it.

Paul Rudd is not the only big name attached. I mean they have Michael Douglas too. Pressure is definitely on to ensure they don't walk, I'm sure.

ZoddGutts

Cancel the Project and go with a new Marvel Character. Or even give Blade a reboot, it's been a decade since his last movie.

duckroll

I'm closing this thread because I honestly believe there will be no movie, and that Marvel will announce Doctor Strange and focus on hyping Avengers 2 and Captain America 3 at SDCC. If somehow this trainwreck survives. Someone who cares can make another thread to watch the train slowly drive off the cliff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom