• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hi-yahh - March 17th on Netflix

wildfire

Banned
Strike 1. This is as meandering as the reviews described and it's only episode 1.

Strike 2. I don't feel a compelling need to binge watch.

Sanctuary

So far this doesn't start out nearly as good as the other offerings, but it's not yet unwatchable. Although what's up with Tom Pelephrey? He's playing a 30 year old, the actor is 35, but he looks like he's in his mid 40s.

Nyanmaruz

Finished the first episode.
The choreography is definitely a step back from Daredevil and for a guy that is supposed to be all about zen and has been training in K'lun for 15 years, Danny is really hot headed.
I'm still intrigued to watch more tho.

I'm at least looking forward to Madame Gao.

Disappointing I'm not more excited for this though; this time two years ago Daredevil S1 was about to launch, I remember that original trailer with "Beautiful Crime" and how intense it all looked, Kingpin...

... I may just rewatch Daredevil tonight if Iron Fist is really that bad.

yunbuns

What do you get when you remove felicity from arrow and give olly love handles?

UQlsX0t.gif

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
oh boy here we go.

I'll still say I'll enjoy it. Good luck myself.

edit the intro's cool :)

Krowley

I'm not very familiar with this character from the comics (never took an interest in him at all) so I don't really know what to expect from this show.

First episode wasn't actually bad. There was some reasonably interesting drama and a couple of okayish fight scenes. The fights were definitely not as good as Daredevil, which is probably an issue since this show is about a super-powered martial-artist, but I don't expect TV shows to have movie-level fight choreography so I'm not that bothered by it.

The biggest problem for me was the pace. Not a whole lot happened in this episode and it almost feels more like a character drama than an action-adventure show at this point.

I'm going to have to watch this anyway because I'm committed to the upcoming Defenders show, so hopefully it continues to be decent.

Unpopular opinion to be sure, but I'm loving this show [just started episode 2].

Not familiar with the comics [like, never had heard of them], just find it fun.

Sure, I can see how it was panned for being "soap opera" in a way, but I dunno - still moving faster than Luke Cage imho.

I enjoy some lighthearted shit though, so I dunno.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Almost done with the first ep. Its mediocre but hardly unwatchable.

Going to start this now. I really hope the negative impressions were overblown. And if they weren't, I really hope the latter half of this season suddenly becomes amazing with the best fight scenes ever!!! Here I go!

Sanctuary

Halfway through the second episode, and the acting and dialogue is so hammy more often than not. The fighting scenes have been third-rate too, and I didn't realize that iyado was about hand to hand combat. For "real world applications" of course.

The Kree

Banned
It's working fine as a character drama so far. Only problem is that's not really what it should be. I'll wait to see if the action ramps up before commenting further on that point.

Finn is very likable as Danny and I like the guy playing Harold Meachum a lot.

Some surprisingly positive impressions in here so far. Probably won't get a chance to start watching until sometime tomorrow, but this is encouraging.

mrjohill

Episode 2
i understand the doctor being skeptical but there is an asgardian God that regularly shows up on earth

Krowley

Halfway through episode 2. Still not hating it.

Finn is very likable as Danny and I like the guy playing Harold Meachum a lot

Yep, Finn is probably the main thing making this work for me so far.

Yep, just starting ep 3 and I'm loving it. Not enough people appreciate dodgy Kung Fu movies, growing up in the 70's and 80's, they were my lifeblood.

Where Luke Cage was trying to capture that feeling of blaxploitation media of yester-year, I totally get the impression this is trying to capture the spirit of old hammy kung-fu.

Seeing it this way, it's totally enjoyable, and explains the slightly less fantastic fight choreography [so far, half way through ep 2 at the moment] compared with Daredevil for example.

UKUMI0

Episode 2
i understand the doctor being skeptical but there is an asgardian God that regularly shows up on earth

How well known is Thor's history though? Is it actually public knowledge that Thor is an alien god?

The only references I know referring to him as Asgardian (outside of the Avengers movies) is in SHIELD and its sort of their job to know that shit, also they were pretty directly involved in the first Thor movie, Avengers movie and even the Thor 2 clean up.

On episode 1, I don't have any strong feelings about the show so far.

Dig the Camp Lo reference though.

his personal playlist in general was awesome.

i was like "why is his taste in rap so good?", then i realized he "died" in a plane crash 15 years ago with nothing but an ipod to keep himself entertained.. ha.

mrjohill

How well known is Thor's history though? Is it actually public knowledge that Thor is an alien god?

The only references I know referring to him as Asgardian (outside of the Avengers movies) is in SHIELD and its sort of their job to know that shit, also they were pretty directly involved in the first Thor movie, Avengers movie and even the Thor 2 clean up.

Yeah I guess you're right lol I can suspend my disbelief for it

Just finished ep. 2. Danny is very likable and I'm loving Colleen. The show has managed to get me hooked so I'm sticking with it until it actually shits the bed like I'm being led to believe.

AndersK

Have we actually DCEU'ed the show? In the sense that expectations are so low due to previews and expectations, that when the show turns out to "only" be painfully mediocre, it subverts our expectations enough that we end up finding it good and/or decent?

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I might or might not fall in love with Jessica Henwick over this show >_>

Top Bottom