• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man 2 |OT| - The 19" inches of Venom you're Kraven for

apowhungo

Hi1Xmbf.jpg

5114373-1220653748-tumbl.gif
hahahah only retards buy physical

poodaddy

Why in the hell does my special edition still say it's "preparing to ship" when the game is out in two days?

.....I got a bad feeling that my order is either canceled or delayed and they're not telling me. Considering it still hasn't shipped, I say I got a zero percent chance of playing on release day :(.

Those 19 inches better be worth it.

GymWolf

People have other priorities than money...
Lol like what? Getting the game day one? Are you aware that physical shops exist and you can get your game day one like you do with digital, right?

If people care about being lazy fucks to not move their ass to go into the shop maybe they should not call other people retards, but that's just me...

Amazon is AN option, not the the only one for physical games.

Last edited:

Skitso

Lol like what? Getting the game day one? Are you aware that physical shops exist and you can get your game day one like you do with digital, right?

If people care about being lazy fucks to not move their ass to go into the shop maybe they should not call other people retards, but that's just me...

Amazon is AN option, not the the only one for physical games.

You know, people might just have the money to buy 60-70EUR stuff just the way they see appropriate.

For me, convenience of a full digital library is priceless. Others might have other reasons.

Laieon

Just finished replaying Spider-Man 1 and played through The City That Never Sleeps for the first time, I was surprised at how lengthy that was. Enjoyed it quite a bit.

Can't wait until Friday.

So I decided to play the beginning of the game unpatched, because I was curious what needed polishing. It was mostly fine but there were many smaller graphical glitches, like shadows and alpha effects behaving weird. Also seemed to have slightly worse anti-aliasing.

There was one particular thing that looked horrible in the unpatched version: Kraven's mane. It looks significantly better in the patched version.

Anyway, after patching I began playing around with both Fidelity and Performance mode. I decided on Fidelity, because Performance shadows just aren't up to snuff IMO. I think most people wouldn't notice but I definitely did notice missing pedestrian shadows when you're above street level (maybe a bug?) and generally lower quality shadows. I say it might be a bug because shadows seem to only appear for pedestrians in the distance when looking at reflections... it's weird. I'm sure DF will look into it. In any case, Fidelity looks absolutely beautiful.

Lastly, about the actual gameplay: it's more Spider-Man. If you loved the previous games, there's no reason you won't love this one. It's gorgeous, it plays beautifully, and the story is interesting so far.

My only complaint right now is a petty but personal one: Brooklyn is too small. Obviously, I wasn't expecting the full borough, but it feels smaller than even GTAIV's Brooklyn, which is probably because traveling is so fast in this game. At least GTA's Broker had the elevated subway that goes all the way down to Coney Island. It's just weird seeing Coney without it. Edit: Actually, the subway tracks are there, but only half of it elevated. It's a weird change.

Last edited:

Dibils2k

i cant believe i watched the digital foundry video! spoiled a pretty cool segment, not sure if its been in any video reviews but i did not know about it at all and would have been awesome to experience in real time while playing :messenger_frowning_ oh well

so just abit of a warning

GymWolf

Just a reminder for people who don't want spoilers, download and use the blocktube expansion for chrome to blacklist spoilery channels like shitrrako etc.

poodaddy

Soooooo..... should I be concerned about my special edition order considering it still hasn't shipped? It's direct from PlayStation, and says launch day delivery, but it says it's still preparing to ship. I don't see how I could get it tomorrow if it hasn't shipped.

Anyone else order the special edition direct from PlayStation? Has it shipped? Is the dream dead? Is there about to be a 19 inch hole in my heart where Venom abandoned me?

Pedro Motta

A friend of mine here in Portugal, bought the collectors edition and can already play the game, did they make collector editions play early??

Top Bottom