• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man 2 |OT| - The 19" inches of Venom you're Kraven for

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I have now played a bit I really like it, but my goodness what have they done with MJ, she does not even look like a human and these dead eyes. I have seen the promo picture of her before, but ingame it is significantly worse.
71279b1c94f9e2464f43.jpg

Can you post a better comparison ?

Changes:
-Eyebrows are different
-Nose changed
-Jawline maybe slightly less rounded

The eyes and lips, plus overall facial structure is the same. They used the same real life model again. Hair is different yes.

She looks good both ways though .

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
NSFW
webp

I saw that pic but that just seems like an intentional use of worst case low poly goofy shot.

I want a nice photo from in game similar to the one above . Or multiple photos from this scene. I find it hard to believe in a game where character models always look amazing and on par with the best in the business that this is how she is looking a majority of the game.

GymWolf

I saw that pic but that just seems like an intentional use of worst case low poly goofy shot.

I want a nice photo from in game similar to the one above . Or multiple photos from this scene. I find it hard to believe in a game where character models always look amazing and on par with the best in the business that this is how she is looking a majority of the game.
Then we have to wait until more people have the game so they can take better pics, this is what i found on reeee where someone that has the game said that mj looked bad.

Spyxos

71279b1c94f9e2464f43.jpg

Changes:
-Eyebrows are different
-Nose changed

The eyes and lips, plus overall facial structure is the same. They used the same real life model again. Hair is different yes.

I don't know how to describe it. But she just looks terrible in the game. Something is completly off. I've only seen her in 1 cut scene so far, maybe it'll get better later.

Last edited:

Codeblew

71279b1c94f9e2464f43.jpg

Changes:
-Eyebrows are different
-Nose changed

Yeah, I don't see the big deal. Old version looks like 17, New version looks like 27.

I always thought that all female characters in Spider-man look weird...
Black Cat looks okay but she has those weird wrinkles around her mouth make she sometime looks like middle aged woman.

spider-man-spider-man-ps4-black-cat-marvel-comics-wallpaper-preview.jpg

5980321b2cfe8c49c904e152b98fb603.jpg

Last edited:

graywolf323

Black cat boys assemble.
though honestly it’s OG Gwen Stacy, but they just really really love screwing Peter over in the comics so at this point I‘m not sure there’s a best girl for him anymore (even with Black Cat they went and broke them up recently for just stupid reasons that amount to we can’t have Peter Parker in a happy relationship can we?)

I still like Black Cat best of his non-deceased options 😝

She just looks like a normal woman..... should she look like a plastic doll?

Did you read what I said? Normal girl at her age won't have clear wrinkles around her mouth like that.
This is with and without those weird wrinkles, do you think she looks like plastic doll without it?

1xTInfH.jpg

And I just saw her in SM2, She doesn't have those wrinkles anymore. Looks like even Insomniac agreed with me.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Did you read what I said? Normal girl at her age won't have clear wrinkles around her mouth like that.
This is with and without those weird wrinkles, do you think she looks like plastic doll without it?

1xTInfH.jpg

And I just saw her in SM2, She doesn't have those wrinkles anymore. Looks like even Insomniac agreed with me.
Fair enough, how old is she supposed to be? To be frank I wish they would have just went with her look from the comics anyway, and to me she generally looks like she's in her early to mid thirties at peak fitness. In a more realistic art style, I'd expect extremely slight wrinkles, but not to that degree there. I guess I just never really noticed it before, never seemed out of place.

buenoblue

Every time I read about someone complaining about how someone looks in a videogame I want to see that person's face so I can point out all they're faults 🤣

Fair enough, how old is she supposed to be? To be frank I wish they would have just went with her look from the comics anyway, and to me she generally looks like she's in her early to mid thirties at peak fitness. In a more realistic art style, I'd expect extremely slight wrinkles, but not to that degree there. I guess I just never really noticed it before, never seemed out of place.
Maybe around 23-25. Probably same age as Peter.
My guess is they want her to have facial feature like high cheek bone but maybe it's hard to animate correctly.

Last edited:
Happy days.

ccW8oBp.jpg
Damn, you're lucky af. The mom & pop shop from where I buy my games are scared of mean Sony and by extent their distributors so they never break the street date for their games, however they often do that with smaller releases.

In any case, my copy should arrive first thing tomorrow (hopefully). :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Spyxos

Damn, you're lucky af. The mom & pop shop from where I buy my games are scared of mean Sony and by extent their distributors so they never break the street date for their games, however they often do that with smaller releases.

In any case, my copy should arrive first thing tomorrow (hopefully). :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Saw it am my local Saturn (big electronic chain here). It was certainly not meant for sale, but it was lying around and they sold it without even looking too closely at the game :D

NEbeast

Soooooo..... should I be concerned about my special edition order considering it still hasn't shipped? It's direct from PlayStation, and says launch day delivery, but it says it's still preparing to ship. I don't see how I could get it tomorrow if it hasn't shipped.

Anyone else order the special edition direct from PlayStation? Has it shipped? Is the dream dead? Is there about to be a 19 inch hole in my heart where Venom abandoned me?
It could still come tomorrow with priority shipping. Fingers crossed for you.
Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

Garibaldi

Is it just me or does it not let you select fidelity mode (40fps) if you have 120fps mode on auto? Works fine on the original and Miles

EDIt: Never mind. Once in game you can change it and it sticks.

Last edited:

Neolombax

Was able to play for about an hour or so before going to bed. The city in general feels a lot more alive, which makes web swinging a lot of fun. Also the game feels a bit more challenging? Wasnt exactly breezing through on "normal" difficulty, feels great really. Looking forward to a nice long session during the weekend.

Garibaldi

Swinging about with sub 4 on the swing assist is great. Much less automatic than the previous games. On 0 you really have to consider the physics of a swing.

Surfheart

It's weird, aside from the amazing set piece at the start the game looks worse than MM. Lots of shimmer on vertical edges in the city and the lighting looks flat. Transversal also doesn't feel as smooth, getting some jank being hung up on stuff.

Top Bottom