• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man 2 |OT| - The 19" inches of Venom you're Kraven for

Garibaldi

I’m trying to switch from performance mode to fidelity, but when I change to fidelity, it says the setting requires a lobby restart to apply. I apply and restart, but when I go back to visual settings, it has performance mode selected again. Anyone else?
I had the same issue (mentioned it a bit earlier up the thread). Once you get to the first gameplay bit you can change it.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Amazing game. Felt like 5 mins and it’s past 1AM.

For the MJ looking bad/weird this game it seems certain cut scenes use lower res models sometimes compared to others. There’s ones where Pete and Miles clearly aren’t their full resolution crazy hair detail models. It’s also a combination of that and MJs eyes in particular. The game seems to be trying to do either Ray tracing in eye balls or some kind of “wet” effect to eyes. What sucks is MJs eyes are light colored so when this happens, especially in these low res model scenes it makes them look almost milky /ghosted out. The hair is also not its full resolution so she starts to look like a npc with brittle hair strands.

When she’s full resolution she’s great.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
This game is great. It looks amazing - this is probably the first game that is really pushing the hardware and yet my PS5 is whisper quiet.

An early quest gave me a little bit of Oxenfree vibes with the tone, banter, and direction. Insomniac is firing on every cylinder here.

Edit: the way this game seamlessly blends together real-time combat with sudden and chained fluid animations from split second commands is like next level. This feels like we're turning a page here.

Last edited:

rofif

Banned
*All the men are exactly the same*

*the one female lead is uglied up*

I’m sure that’s a giant coincidence on insomniacs part
insomniac is one of wokest studios out there now. Making women ugly and ever played rift apart? It’s a great game but the pink spider robot missions are the worst thing possible. The spider is impossibly bad and annoying. And ratchet also is lame and uncool compared to the other lead… he is still better than misery he was in 2016 game.
Same with horizon.
And the. There is miles morales and blm over it. Like wtf. This got no place in a game.

Well to be honest, Peter looked good in original and the. They uglified him more than anyone

Spider Man 2 Marketing in Sydney. Looks dope!

tvxph6qao9vb1.jpg

GymWolf

Gold Member
After an hour and a half, it seems like the game would be absolutely amazing if they'd stop with the tutorial lecturing and halting of the gameplay and just let me fucking play how I want to already :messenger_weary:

The game looks amazing of perf mode. I am surprised with how much cleaner the fighting feels given that the first two games already featured frenetic yet smooth and satisfying combat.
Can you expand on that, what do you feel are the bigger changes?

I have to wait until tonight to play :messenger_anguished:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

Good for him but damn people have strange dreams. I can understand being an actor on stage or cinema but in this ridiculous suit? Running in some empty warehouse? I don't know, man.

I GOT THE GAME! Just purchased it from my local game store, on disc. Very old school. Exciting.

My gaming order doesn't even say ready or process.

Fam I'm starting to fear that I might not have the game today

Reaction Nervous GIF
Where did you get your preorder from? Amazon? I heard they screw people off with game preorders quite a lot... Maybe you can grab it from Best Buy or Gamestop as they should already have it stock?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Where did you get your preorder from? Amazon? I heard they screw people off with game preorders quite a lot... Maybe you can grab it from Best Buy or Gamestop as they should already have it stock?
From a portuguese store where I usually buy my games.

Pre-order comes with an extra bonus (the prequel comic book), which says it will be delivered on 23/10.

Game doesn't even have a date on it. Welp.

From a portuguese store where I usually buy my games.

Pre-order comes with an extra bonus (the prequel comic book), which says it will be delivered on 23/10.

Game doesn't even have a date on it. Welp.
Damn, that sucks. You should reach out and ask them wtf their doing with your order lol. The prequel comic book pre-order bonus sounds dope though!

shubik

I still have to wait after work till I can start but I´m looking at gameplay in free roam and this game simply looks incredible. The swinging and traversal speed is increased heavily. Just take a look at this footage:

ElRenoRaven

So been playing since countdown ended. Gotta say I'm enjoying it and think if you liked 1 and the other game you'll like it. I do have some nitpicks with the controls but they're passable. I wish it controlled more like the first game when it comes to certain things but by no means does it hurt my enjoyment. As I said they're nitpicks.

buenoblue

Fuck Sake. I ordered physical on Amazon in UK a week ago and it said delivered on 21st. So I cancelled that and ordered from Argos. Just got an email Saying missed delivery and I'll have to pick up from a drop off point from tomorrow the 21st 😭😭😭🤣🤣.

Why can't Dpd deliver a game through the letterbox???? I've ordered from Argos before and the have just posted it through the letterbox.

Rant over. I cry now😭

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So I played at midnight for a bit when it unlocked. Got a good 2 and a half hours in before I went to bed.

It's alright, it's more of the same. I find myself often playing it like I did the first game in terms of traversing and forget the wing suit exists, although I do use it when I hit a river.

Only issue so... far... is... when... Miles... deaf... girl... friend... shows... up... and... every... one... talks... like... this... for... two... minutes...

it's hilarious that the terrible trend from Netflix to include a deaf person so they can destroy any pacing a scene has when they are on screen has been included. I don't remember this being an issues in Miles game when she shows up, people just sign and talk at normal speed.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Made a great first impression on me. Was playing till 2 am, when i had work in the morning.

The sandman fight was unexpected.

Visuals look like a step up, even compared to the remaster of the first game (could be placebo effect but it looks awesome for me). Especially the lighting. Noticed new web swinging animations. Wingsuit is basically a jetpack. Control scheme is a bit overwhelming at first when returning to this after along gap after SM1/Miles Morales.

Story has already hooked me. Pete and Miles' back and forth is good.

Another surprise was to find out that Harry was suspended in the symbiote.

New MJ is working for me. She looks hot. Although she does look like 10 years older than Peter.

Last edited:

demigod

The problem isn't with the general look of the character.
The problem is we know who they are based off and they kinda missed the mark last time and now it's just gotten worse which it shouldn't.
If the character was based off Annette O'Toole it would be a different story.
If you look at the actors they are instantly recognizable to the characters in game, so Insomniac can capture them perfectly
FW80weY.jpg
lMvfSJa.jpg
xZLxE7A.jpg
I4cNwtH.jpg

You could literally cast them as the live action versions
But Mary Jane isn't even close
iDHYnhV.jpg

The first Spider-Man was actually closer but still off, but at least you could see her somewhere in there
But who is this?
m40y9j3.jpg

Okay maybe it's a old photo so she's changed but still not even close.
DnatET0VsAAeDZp.jpg:large
It’s not just an insomniac issue. Have you seen Aloy??? For some reason, Sony wants to uglify the women.

Neolombax

I noticed around the characters while in the open world sections, when you move the camera side to side, its as if the outline around the characters become pixelated while the camera moves? I dont know how to properly explain this.

Anybody else notice this? If so, how do i make it go away? Its not a major problem, i cant mostly ignore it but it can be distracting.

Last edited:

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
Anyone else having trouble setting up audio language? I live in Ireland but I have my console set up in EU Spanish. When I boot the game, I get Spanish subtitles and English audio. In the console settings I have audio set as "Same language than the console"

Certinty

This game is amazing. If you liked the first one you’ll love this, better in every way. If you didn’t well then you won’t like this either.

buenoblue

Fuck Sake. I ordered physical on Amazon in UK a week ago and it said delivered on 21st. So I cancelled that and ordered from Argos. Just got an email Saying missed delivery and I'll have to pick up from a drop off point from tomorrow the 21st 😭😭😭🤣🤣.

Why can't Dpd deliver a game through the letterbox???? I've ordered from Argos before and the have just posted it through the letterbox.

Rant over. I cry now😭
To add insult to Injury Argos have dropped the price from £69.99 to £61.99 and offer same day delivery 😭.

I have that Peter Parker luck 🤣🤣😭

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Man everything just feels so refined compared to the first two. The soundtrack alone is a huge step up for me. The intro was one of coolest tutorials I’ve ever seen. I like how Insomniac is giving us the GOW boss fights we should’ve gotten in Ragnarok. Also barely using the wing suit. Feels like one of the million unnecessary accessibility options for people who suck as at swinging around.

Also seconded on the deaf broad slowing everything down to a halt. Is this just Insomniac making sure to let everyone know they are there for the disabled? It just feels awkwardly forced. “Maybe the kids will dig sign language after playing!”

Salz01

The game seems great. First half an hour is awesome. The graphics are good. It just seems a slight bump up from the previous version. So far no where near though that teaser trailer. Seems like this game is Insomniac's UC2 game..

tommib

how exactly do you get this, fidelity + uncapped?
I’ve been using VRR smoothed and wondering what the target fps is. I feel it’s around 40 up and down a bit. Uncapped definitely feels more fluid but I’m afraid I’m compromising fidelity too much. Anyone has a breakdown?

Rant over. I cry now😭

That's why I always use royal mail. Postman puts it through the letterbox and he mostly delivers around the same time everyday so I'll know when it's coming.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Movement is top notch. Amazing feeling to swing and glide through the city. The combat is tedious for now just like the first game, hope there are cool new unlocks that lets you wipe out groups of enemies faster.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So Fidelity Mode at 40 fps is native 4k? Or does it drop to 1440p?

I have it set to SMOOTH instead of uncapped but Fidelity at 30 fps (120hz mode disabled) looks better.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Man everything just feels so refined compared to the first two. The soundtrack alone is a huge step up for me. The intro was one of coolest tutorials I’ve ever seen. I like how Insomniac is giving us the GOW boss fights we should’ve gotten in Ragnarok. Also barely using the wing suit. Feels like one of the million unnecessary accessibility options for people who suck as at swinging around.

Also seconded on the deaf broad slowing everything down to a halt. Is this just Insomniac making sure to let everyone know they are there for the disabled? It just feels awkwardly forced. “Maybe the kids will dig sign language after playing!”
I see what you’re saying. Did you know that the Americans with Disabilities Act didn’t get put into place until 1990? That’s not that long ago.

You don’t notice these types of things until you’ve been disabled or have a disabled child. Until then you ignore it completely. Then you realize no one gives a sh*t about disabled people.

I noticed that too. I have a disabled kid and I kind of like it when it’s added. I also notice people use the word “retard” a lot on here.

Top Bottom