• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man 2 |OT| - The 19" inches of Venom you're Kraven for

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Helped out two gay couples so far
Like really gay
The college campus side missions for miles are eye rolly cringe bad.
I can tell already Mario is going to be such a fucking great palate cleanse

Also noticeable is that while Peter and MJ and Harry are white, nearly every other person you come in contact with, isn’t. Aside from thugs and enemies and asshole side characters like Osborn and JJJ. Very Horizon Forbidden West. Like I know NY is the melting pot of culture and civilization but come on dude.

Yup it’s a Sony cinematic exclusive alright.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Just gaming in 2023, where games come out bugged.

Lost all audio during the part in in. Checked to see if I can fix without restarting game and the game hard locked and put my ps5 into sleep mode without me doing that.

Neat. Audio is fixed now but it just sours the experience.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Like really gay

Also noticeable is that while Peter and MJ and Harry are white, nearly every other person you come in contact with, isn’t. Aside from thugs and enemies and asshole side characters like Osborn and JJJ. Very Horizon Forbidden West. Like I know NY is the melting pot of culture and civilization but come on dude.

I figured they'd put this kind of bs into the game, but still disheartening to hear.

NEbeast

I was finding it weird how some people were mentioning how amazing the game looked while others...not as much.

I found this article on Kotaku that mentions this:

If you're having issues can you confirm you have the game installed on a secondary drive?

Playing on internal SSD and ran into a similar looking area today when I had the chance to play.
So it happening from being on a secondary ssd cant be the only reason.
The game looked great 99% of the time , so it didn't really ruin my playthrough. Absolutely loving it so far.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
People saying it looks bad need to get off the drugs.
CkhhxcP.jpg

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I figured they'd put this kind of bs into the game, but still disheartening to hear.

Days Gone has still been the only exception. It’s the only one that’s done just the right amount of natural diversity to me.

The thing is, I think everything else is pretty phenomenal. But I’m really getting tired of this. Like it’s so fucking obvious and that’s what I can’t stand.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Man this carnival stuff is whackadoodle.

Also after lots of MJ scenes… yeah she looks really bad because of the eyes . They did something with reflections in eyes that makes her look dead resulting in her looking low quality .

Mortisfacio

Banned
Like really gay

This game is inanely impressive. They upped the detail in the city big time, and the ray tracing being improved makes this look better than Matrix demo. Maybe not as "smooth" with the LOD system, but way sharper and more impressive lighting.

Game is paced perfectly so far, and the change in controls makes the combat even more seamless. Loving it so far.

Sleepwalker

Like really gay

Skip sidequests, got it.

I dont really like Miles anyway so ill be doing most of my playthrough as Peter.

ByWatterson

Days Gone has still been the only exception. It’s the only one that’s done just the right amount of natural diversity to me.

The thing is, I think everything else is pretty phenomenal. But I’m really getting tired of this. Like it’s so fucking obvious and that’s what I can’t stand.

New York is maybe the most diverse city on Earth.

These are silly complaints.

MastAndo

This game is just insanely terrific. Insomniac Games devs are magicians.

And I know virtue signaling can be exhausting, but I don't see how you can get your panties in a bunch about a game including things that are actually found regularly in the city in which it's based.

Like really gay

Just played a side mission where I literally saved a Trans life in the city by preventing they/them from buying Cyberpunk2077 Phantom Liberty

Sony can't keep getting away with this!!!!!!!

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
New York is maybe the most diverse city on Earth.

These are silly complaints.

Then why aren’t I able to help white peepo

Just played a side mission where I literally saved a Trans life in the city by preventing they/them from buying Cyberpunk2077 Phantom Liberty

Sony can't keep getting away with this!!!!!!!

Not an exclusive so I don’t see the point Hans

Last edited:
I do love how triggered some people get the moment an LGTBQ character is introduced. As if it's so unrealistic for NYC to inhabit these characters, and the idea of interacting with an LGTBQ character is so apaling that they refuse to play the game
Yeah, it was the same with Miles Morales; bitching about both the pride flags and the all the BLM stuff…In a game map that contains the West Village, and Harlem all while complaining about how unrealistic it is.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Yeah, it was the same with Miles Morales; bitching about both the pride flags and the all the BLM stuff…In a game map that contains the West Village, and Harlem all while complaining about how unrealistic it is.

It’s because of how obviously forced it is 😂

“Deft” and “Subtle” aren’t words used in Sony dev playbooks

I’m all for it, but do it with some fucking taste and/or class.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
What's the point of QTE if you can't even fail them? I just did the boat mission from the gameplay showcase and you can literally ignore all button prompts without consequences. It's so stupid.

You know you can be pro inclusivity while still wanting your games to not throw current socio-political commentary at you, right? Many of us like to play games as an escape from issues in society. It's increasingly difficult to do so.

Literally bitching about how many non white people there are in a video game isn't any kind of commentary, it's just sad.

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I’m not triggered lol I just like pointing this crap out.

“Triggered by people existing” 😂
Some people think that disapproving of anything--or even just disapproving of its appearance in family-focused media--means it can't exist. On the contrary, I think that most things which exist in the adult world (example: furries) have absolutely no inherent right to be in public spaces or non-18+ materials.

us61hR.jpg

It’s because of how obviously forced it is 😂

“Deft” and “Subtle” aren’t words used in Sony dev playbooks

I’m all for it, but do it with some fucking taste and/or class.
They are trying to depict it as an every day part of life, which it basically is in Manhattan, and that they are largely ordinary people for the most part.

Is it realistic? Not quite, it’s actually quite a bit ‘more‘ in your face there.

And New Yorkers with class? C’mon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom