• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man 2 |OT| - The 19" inches of Venom you're Kraven for

Anyone want my pre-order bonus (US)? It didn't let me activate the code prior to release, and now that release is here I don't need it since I already have the suits and gadget unlocked. Could use the 3 skill points I guess but whatever.... it's up for grabs.

Edit: Claimed

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Seems like it’s the sand basically

Star Wars Sand GIF by Leroy Patterson

Liking the gameplay I think, I never fully loved these games personally, one thing is I am reminded of how much I dislike the Spider-Man protagonists… there’s just no edge to them at all. It’s wholesome to a ridiculous degree… and there’s so much leftist circlejerking in here (speaking as a leftist) — the whole conversation Peter had with himself as he’s taking a gang out at the gun club in the first mission is so on the nose and cringey to me

STARSBarry

Gold Member
After playing the game some more, this title is super fucking gay...

I randomly save some old Chinese dude for a random crime and as I'm putting him on the stetcher... "thank you spiderman... MY BOYFRIEND (no joke he full volumes for these two words) is your biggest fan" then immediately after I pick up a quest where some Asian student wants to ask anouther boy out for home coming... I get the feeling this will be constant, I'm not sure my eyes can roll this much to make it through the entire game at this constant.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby

I randomly save some old Chinese dude for a random crime and as I'm putting him on the stetcher... "thank you spiderman... MY BOYFRIEND (no joke he full volumes for these two words) is your biggest fan" then immediately after I pick up a quest where some Asian student wants to ask anouther boy out for home coming... I get the feeling this will be constant, I'm not sure my eyes can roll this much to make it through the entire game at this constant.

gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

Elios83

I will give it a try this weekend because I'm super curious but I want to finish BG3 first, almost done with it, so unfortunately Spiderman will have to wait a few days to get my full attention.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Damn, the last time i probably did a midnight launch was Halo3 and GTAV on PS3.
ManaByte ManaByte I haven't seen anyone mentions HDR, does it use the system setting or ingame. Guessing the former.
Any feedback on that?
Believe it’s the system setting as the option to turn it off at the start is grayed out.

Playing at Fidelity with 120 and VRR turned on. The RT is very very impressive.

tommib

Gold Member
So Fidelity Mode at 40 fps is native 4k? Or does it drop to 1440p?

I have it set to SMOOTH instead of uncapped but Fidelity at 30 fps (120hz mode disabled) looks better.
Fidelity 120hz VRR smooth should be giving you the same resolution as locked 30 fps fidelity. At least, that was the case for SM1 Remastered.

Lokaum D+

Yeah, did the intro mission last night and my first impression was meh, but it was 01:00 am and i was tired af, i ll replay the mission today with my sound system on, lets see if it ll change my first impression.

Last edited:

ElCasual

VcqoIYU.jpg

I was finding it weird how some people were mentioning how amazing the game looked while others...not as much.

I found this article on Kotaku that mentions this:
Update 10/19/2023 7:08 p.m. ET: Video creator Nick930 just tweeted that Spider-Man 2 may have a bug wherein the engine’s level of detail system might be misbehaving when the game is installed on a secondary drive, resulting in lower-than-intended detail in certain visuals. Sounds like more investigation will be needed to nail down exactly what’s happening there.
If you're having issues can you confirm you have the game installed on a secondary drive?

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
It’s true the game CAN look ass sometimes but I haven’t had any issues since the opening sand section actually.

I also switched to the fidelity,120hz, uncapped set up and the game feels 60fps butter smooth with the sexy visuals. So it may have helped doing that.

Welp, a buddy of mine got this exact disc error with SM2 when trying to install it earlier today. Attempted 3 times with no luck and bought the digital version cuz he didn't want to wait for the whole return process. :/

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Looks sick not sure on the complaints only one artefact I had was in traversal in performance mode some weird artefacting on the edge of buildings other than that looks insane yo.

Fidelity 120 Vrr Unvapped

Certinty

I really hope Taskmaster returns in this because so far the side content bar a mission or two is not good, at all. His challenges in the first game were some of the best content.

MikeM

So…the graphics stink aside from cutscenes.
To each their own. I think Insomniac balanced everything perfectly. Wonder what the resolution and frames would be with a PS5 Pro tho. Uncapped games like this always have me thinking about the potential later.

ByWatterson

LOL, you gonna be okay dude?

It's New York.

Top Bottom