• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raguel

No, this one's an exception though.

Do you also get mad at people who praise a film before they see it? Their's plenty of posts in this thread praising the film for how "fun" it looks, why are those different from people who think it looks like crap?

See, there is a difference between people enjoying and anticipating something and going around taking a shit on their enjoyment. As long as they go around anticipating something and not shitting on everything else like you have done, I don't get mad. You know why? Because people are enjoying themselves. I myself tend to not do to things i don't enjoy and leave the people that enjoys them alone. It's called being considerate.

See, there is a difference between people enjoying and anticipating something and going around taking a shit on their enjoyment. As long as they go around anticipating something and not shitting on everything else like you have done, I don't get mad. You know why? Because people are enjoying themselves. I myself tend to not do to things i don't enjoy and leave the people that enjoys them alone. It's called being considerate.
So unless you have something positive to say about The Avengers, don't say it?

sharbhund

No, this one's an exception though.

Do you also get mad at people who praise a film before they see it? Their's plenty of people in this thread praising the film for how "fun" it looks, why are they different from the people who think it looks like crap?

In the last 2 Avengers threads, you've made 49 posts about how this movie is going to suck. In TDKR thread, which you think is going to be awesome, you've posted 8 times.

In the last 2 Avengers threads, you've made 49 posts about how this movie is going to suck. In TDKR thread, which you think is going to be awesome, you've posted 8 times.

I remember a couple of those posts stating that he was going to leave the thread because he obviously didn't have any interest in the film.

Guess that didn't work out.

Raguel

So unless you have something positive to say about The Avengers, don't say it?

No. No where did I say that you shouldn't express your opinions. But it should be valid criticism and not just random troll bait.

I am sure you're an intelligent man. I know you are. And you have given valid criticism about this movie before, such as it looking like a TV show because of the quality of the production. And I agree with that criticism when i looked at some of the stuff released.

But you have also consistently negated those valid responses with some trollish posts. And that's the part that annoys most everyone here.

No. No where did I say that you shouldn't express your opinions. But it should be valid criticism and not just random troll bait.

I am sure you're an intelligent man. I know you are. And you have given valid criticism about this movie before, such as it looking like a TV show because of the quality of the production. And I agree with that criticism when i looked at some of the stuff released.

But you have also consistently negated those valid responses with some trollish posts. And that's the part that annoys most everyone here.
I think that's enough meta-discussion for this thread.

If you want, we can continue this via PM.

JdFoX187

Banned

To build upon this, discussions in threads about certain movies or games are usually positive, for the most part. Unless it's a joke or bashing thread like Dragon Age II or Mass Effect 3, there are people that come in and say their peace why they don't like it and maybe discuss a few things and then leave. The rest of the thread goes on with everyone else talking about it and liking it.

But once you come into a thread, say those things and then keep hanging around, constantly belittling the product, what's the point? All it does is interrupt the flow of the discussion and irritate those people that are trying to enjoy it.

Slayven

To build upon this, discussions in threads about certain movies or games are usually positive, for the most part. Unless it's a joke or bashing thread like Dragon Age II or Mass Effect 3, there are people that come in and say their peace why they don't like it and maybe discuss a few things and then leave. The rest of the thread goes on with everyone else talking about it and liking it.

But once you come into a thread, say those things and then keep hanging around, constantly belittling the product, what's the point?
All it does is interrupt the flow of the discussion and irritate those people that are trying to enjoy it.

I never got that behavior, if something causes you obvious displeasure why continue to dwell on it?

Raguel

I think that's enough meta-discussion for this thread.

If you want, we can continue this via PM.

I'm good. I don't do much posting and try not to get into these discussions. In fact, I think this is the most I have posted in 6 months. I'm gonna get back to lurking now.

I never got that behavior, if something causes you obvious displeasure why continue to dwell on it?

It's the typical troll behaviour: to set oneself apart from the rest, to be the one saying it sucks or will suck when everyone else likes it, to be proudly able to say "Look at me! I am different!"

That is some nice troll!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I had no interest in seeing this film, especially in 3D, but I just found out my local cinema will be showing it on D-BOX 3D.

Tickets are crazy expensive but I wanna experience the D-BOX.

DarkWish

I had no interest in seeing this film, especially in 3D, but I just found out my local cinema will be showing it on D-BOX 3D.

Tickets are crazy expensive but I wanna experience the D-BOX.
I think I may see this on D-Box as well (probably for my second viewing). Did it for Real Steel, it was interesting. Kind of cool, but also expensive... like an extra $7 or something.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
At this point, everyone else should just realize that he has nothing constructive or contributive to say even in his criticizing posts and just ignore the filler he puts in these threads. Its been working for me for a while, just block the terrible posters in certain threads out. And if you feel inclined, put 'em on your ignore list.

tl;dr Don't feed the troll.

jett

D-Member
I rewatched Thor yesterday, honestly it was better than I remembered. If the Earth scenes were stronger it could been the best Mahvel movie. Anyway, it has increased my excitement for Avengers, Thor really does some cool crap in his movie.

I rewatched Thor yesterday, honestly it was better than I remembered. If the Earth scenes were stronger it could been the best Mahvel movie. Anyway, it has increased my excitement for Avengers, Thor really does some cool crap in his movie.

There are a lot of different styles of storytelling over the years for the Thor series. In the last few years it has been a bit more humor-heavy. I think a lot of people were expecting something epic with a lot of large battles rather than something a bit more light-hearted and comedy-focused. I don't mind it as I wouldn't have wanted a super serious, brooding Thor or something. I understand the complaints of that's not something they're expecting.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
There are a lot of different styles of storytelling over the years for the Thor series. In the last few years it has been a bit more humor-heavy. I think a lot of people were expecting something epic with a lot of large battles rather than something a bit more light-hearted and comedy-focused. I don't mind it as I wouldn't have wanted a super serious, brooding Thor or something. I understand the complaints of that's not something they're expecting.

yeah they went with Thor that got sent to earth to grow up basically. Only thing i dont like is the look they are super advanced and yet ride horses....along a bridge that least to a worm hole generator....this attempt to ..mold asgard into a more "believable" place isnt needed imho. Make it look like Game of Thrones/LoTR and let it be what it is. I guess ultimate thor is like that, they clearly went with the Ultimate versions of most of the chars except Ironman.

New to me, but weakest clip so far IMO.

I actually liked this clip the most, apart from Scarletts wooden acting the tone is perfect. it's kinda unsettling, you can tell Banner doesn't trust anyone. Also him asking
does fury want me to swallow it?
was pretty cool.

Who knows, his name could get changed to Avenged or something. Just like Plainview became Expendable a few summers ago. Still funny to think about when that happened that one night in the Expendables thread.

Pachimari

I'm actually getting excited about this knowing it'll be an action flick to me. I haven't seen all the tv spots or anything but just that many super heroes in one movie has to be entertaining at some scale. Saw the news channel talk about the The Avengers on tv right now and it's surely starting to get hyped up. :)

Nizz

Think I'm going to hold off from watching any more clips from the movie. Movie is close enough to release!
Same. Last one I watched was
Thor and Iron Man throwing down.
Gonna try to stay away from any more media. Ads on tv will be hard to avoid but I'm not sweating that too much.

Same. Last one I watched was
Thor and Iron Man throwing down.
Gonna try to stay away from any more media. Ads on tv will be hard to avoid but I'm not sweating that too much.

Yeah, I figure most of the marketing will be stuff we've seen before anyway. Little new snippets out of context don't really bother me anyway.

Daft_Cat

Holy shit at the reviews. Looks like I'll be pleasantly surprised. I love Whedon, but the trailers weren't grabbing me.

Clips are awesome..love the character interaction.

3N16MA

Banned
I like the small pieces I have seen of Ruffalo's portrayal of Banner. Big Norton fan but have always liked Ruffalo's work.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Took day off, going to go to the marathon, haven't done one of those in ages. My favorite local theater is doing a marathon, and $25 is a good price.

Might load up rifftrax for Ironman 1, 2, Thor and Captain America.

Zzoram

The only Rotten review seems bitter about that robot in the trailers looking too much like something from Transformers.

apana

I like the small pieces I have seen of Ruffalo's portrayal of Banner. Big Norton fan but have always liked Ruffalo's work.

He seems interesting to me and people have said he does a good job. I would have still preferred Norton but I guess it is time to move on.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why is this thread dying down as it's about to release?

I think most people are just waiting to watch the film at this point, and a bunch of people are in media blackout mode.

Either that or the "meta-discussion" got too annoying and scared people off, lol.

You'll likely see more discussion when more reviews hit.

noah111

Still Alive
Why is this thread dying down as it's about to release?
I guess to a lot of people it feels like we've seen half of the movie already with all these clips..

Someone told me that a new TDKR trailer will be shown in the trailers reel pre-Avengers in on launch day, is that true?

I guess to a lot of people it feels like we've seen half of the movie already with all these clips..

Someone told me that a new TDKR trailer will be shown in the trailers reel pre-Avengers in on launch day, is that true?

Yup.

lmbzR.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom