• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mary Tyler Moore dead at age 80

Status
Not open for further replies.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I have watched every episode of Dick Van Dyke SO MANY TIMES.

I have recently started watching The Mary Tyler Moore Show.. while not as quintessential as DVDS, it does bring us a more independent version of Laura Petri which is fun.

RIP to one of the Golden Age's finest. I will think of her while watching Alan Brady Presents this xmas as I do every year.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Good memories watching TMTMS with my mom on Nick at Nite in the early 90s. She was great. RIP.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
The Dick Van Dyke and Mary Tyler Moore shows were my Nick@Nite childhood. I loved them so much. Such a shame but from what I read she was blind and very sick. I didn't even know. Rest In Peace MTM.

Speaking of DVD. He can't die ever please. He's 91. 11 years older. Damn. Also Betty White. We must protect them.

Ricker

mtm-hat.jpg

Icon. RIP.

Yep...was thinking of that and it made me so sad...great show...saw Ed Asner on Bones last week,he doesnt look so well...

thebeeks

Banned
I've been watching episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show tonight, and it's crazy how even though this show is over 50 years old it's still hilarious. Some of these episodes are pre-Beatlemania, pre-Kennedy assassination, and the jokes still land.

Also, it's not 100% centered on Mary Tyler Moore, but you should totally check out the Funny Ladies episode of PBS' Pioneers of Television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom