• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that number of cases is normal for a country your size still in the growth phase.
We've been in social isolation for almost two months now. So that shouldn't be happening. It's partially thanks to our president and the people listening to him and not abiding to the isolation.

dionysus

Yaldog
We've been in social isolation for almost two months now. So that shouldn't be happening. It's partially thanks to our president and the people listening to him and not abiding to the isolation.

Social isolation doesnt eliminate the virus. All it ever promised to do was flatten the curve. Draw out the spread but reduce the number of active cases at once.

Siri

Banned
Man I will tell you I work in one of these healthcare facilities and we were ahead of the curve as soon as this started we stopped visitors, we started temperature checks. Screen employees for any symptoms as they entered for all shifts sanitized all mail and packages that came in the building.

Our Maintenance team walked around with a sprayer every hour sanitizing all surfaces our dietary team no longer went into the rooms it was just the nursing staff who delivered the meals int he rooms because we isolated residents. All of our staff was issued N95's even us managers. We even had a sanitizing foot bath.

We had our first case last Saturday and we are up to 20 and 2 deaths now and the health department just tested the entire staff yesterday. You think you do everything right and it still found a way in.

I also work in a care home. I was astonished at how quickly the outbreak happened. We went from one nurse positive to 70 plus infected and over 20 deaths.

The problem might be asymptotic spreading. But honestly, who knows. The past two and a half months have been a nightmare.

How do you contain this virus? I have no idea.

lock2k

Banned

The president is a moron, for sure, but most of the people are also idiots. He is a reflection of the people. Not the opposite. I see people going around everywhere and the isolation index should be above 70% in São Paulo and it's always below 50%. This is not all because of the president. He doesn't help, at all, but not everything is because of him. We are a third world country for a reason. That said, I hope we can impeach him soon because he is even worse than Dilma and damn, it takes talent to be worse than her. Fuck Bolsonaro.

JordanN

Banned
India and Peru have now surpassed China in active cases.

FdWiiyS.png

Of course, we all know China is lying/fudging their numbers but how can anyone not believe this virus is deliberate? Basically, every economic powerhouse on earth has been willingly exposed and they're all going to lose billions of dollars and millions of jobs when this is all over. Literally a Communist wetdream to try and takeover the world.

41jTuNF.jpg

Last edited:

Imagine if this happened everywhere.

All I know is I am a healthcare provider at the largest hospital in my county. There are only 2 others and combined they do not equal our facility. According to my state DOH, we've had 15 COVID deaths in my county. 4 have been reported at my hospital and DOH says 3 happened at nursing homes. Now its possible 8 people died at the other facilities or never made it to hospitals. But the my state also had to revise down the number of deaths weeks ago because county coroners publicly expressed confusion.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
3 weeks into Georgia's reopening and there is no resurgence of cases. I am sure all kinds of people in this thread, in the media, and in the government will eat crow. Surely...

If you're referring to that bizarre graph the state put out: pay attention to the X axis. The dates jump back and forth. Localities are moved about. After reading your comment I went and tried to figure out how you came to such a weird conclusion. I still haven't found it. Fox News maybe? But I did eventually find that graph the Georgia Department of Health released and it took only one minute of looking at it to see how wrong it was.

If something seems too good to be true, to fly in the face of the obvious and everything that is going on around it, then it's not true. This isn't about politics. Remember, a virus doesn't care about who you vote for.

Stay safe Georgia. If you want real, vetted statistics, here is a good source (AJC's Data & Interactives): https://www.ajc.com/news/data/

Remember, wash your hands.

Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
If you're referring to that bizarre graph the state put out: pay attention to the X axis. The dates jump back and forth. Localities are moved about. After reading your comment I went and tried to figure out how you came to such a weird conclusion. I still haven't found it. Fox News maybe? But I did eventually find that graph the Georgia Department of Health released and it took only one minute of looking at it to see how wrong it was.

If something seems too good to be true, to fly in the face of the obvious and everything that is going on around it, then it's not true. This isn't about politics. Remember, a virus doesn't care about who you vote for.

Stay safe Georgia. If you want real, vetted statistics, here is a good source (AJC's Data & Interactives): https://www.ajc.com/news/data/

Remember, wash your hands.

it still shows a declining trend, the higher rates are in april and the lower rates are in May.

Majukun

India and Peru have now surpassed China in active cases.

FdWiiyS.png

Of course, we all know China is lying/fudging their numbers but how can anyone not believe this virus is deliberate? Basically, every economic powerhouse on earth has been willingly exposed and they're all going to lose billions of dollars and millions of jobs when this is all over. Literally a Communist wetdream to try and takeover the world.

41jTuNF.jpg
how does that makes any sense whatsoever?

JordanN

Banned
how does that makes any sense whatsoever?
Which part? How the virus benefits China?

Communists don't care about how much life they take out as long as they achieve a specific goal. The Chinese leader Mao Zedong once said he was ok with sacrificing China's population in order to survive nuclear warfare. And this was the same man who already killed millions of his own people in the great leap forward.

China could never beat the West through traditional means, so a worldwide pandemic to them (that they lied and damaged controlled since the beginning) is their weapon instead.

Stouffers

Banned
I’m all for GA opening up, but why the fuck are people unwilling to be safe about it? I’ve heard “well, we just got to get back to normal” as an excuse from several people for not wearing masks or social distancing.

Restaurants are also not following the guidelines.

Stouffers

Banned

Communists don't care about how much life they take out as long as they achieve a specific goal. The Chinese leader Mao Zedong once said he was ok with sacrificing China's population in order to survive nuclear warfare. And this was the same man who already killed millions of his own people in the great leap forward.

China could never beat the West through traditional means, so a worldwide pandemic to them (that they lied and damaged controlled since the beginning) is their weapon instead.
It really is inherent in Communism. If you can’t beat ‘em, level the field by crippling everyone else.

I think its pretty obvious China knowingly allowed this to escape internationally. There is plenty of evidence they were locking down Wuhan from domestic travel inside China while allowing huge numbers to leave on international flights. Now what other possible explanation is there for that? Why would they stop people from traveling from Wuhan to Shanghai but allow them to fly to Milan? It doesn't take an epidemiologist to figure out what's going on there.

Majukun

and why would they unleash the virus on themselves first if that was the case? if they really wanted to hit "the west" like comic book villains they could have sent a random single dude as a tourist in any given country...especially considering that covid doesn't really look different from a simple cold at first, there's zero traceability...the only reason why we associate covid to china at all it's because they had the first cases.

also having a motif (real or imaginary) doesn't constitutes a proof in any judicial system i know of.

I think its pretty obvious China knowingly allowed this to escape internationally. There is plenty of evidence they were locking down Wuhan from domestic travel inside China while allowing huge numbers to leave on international flights. Now what other possible explanation is there for that? Why would they stop people from traveling from Wuhan to Shanghai but allow them to fly to Milan? It doesn't take an epidemiologist to figure out what's going on there.
i can tell you that severe restriction to travel was applied to italy too when only the northern part was affected, and yet some people defied those orders and found ways around them.
people are stupid..i mean there are people protesting lockdwn measures and says "it's like the common cold" now as trucks full of corpses and mass graves were still a thing.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
and why would they unleash the virus on themselves first if that was the case?

The same reason why they starve themselves to death or blow up their own nuclear reactors and try to pass the blame to others.

Communism has always been an extremely masochist ideology where they don't care about hurting themselves in the process. It's about who they can bring down with them in the process.

if they really wanted to hit "the west" like comic book villains they could have sent a random single dude as a tourist in any given country...
That's absolutely what they did.

Last edited:

Majukun

The same reason why they starve themselves to death or blow up their own nuclear reactors and try to pass the blame to others.

Communism has always been an extremely masochist ideology where they don't care about hurting themselves in the process. It's about who they can bring down with them in the process.

That's absolutely what they did.
but they had no reason to.
one thing is to say they would do it if necessary (don't agree personally but whatever)

problem is, it wasn't, AT ALL.

for your theory to work, they have put their economy and entire nation at stakes for shit and giggles

JordanN

Banned
one thing is to say they would do it if necessary (don't agree personally but whatever)

They do have a reason. It's called Marxist philosophy.

One of the most dangerous men to ever live was Trotsky and ironically, another communist by the name of Stalin hated him so much that he killed him. But had Trotsky been in control and not Stalin, he was hell bent on going to war with every non-Communist nation.

China looks to continue where Trotsky failed.

Majukun said:
for your theory to work, they have put their economy and entire nation at stakes for shit and giggles
Yes?

Once again, you don't think Communists haven't destroyed their own economy before?

You misunderstand what I’m saying. I don’t think they released the virus on purpose. But the absolutely allowed many people to fly internationally out of Wuhan after they knew it was widespread and dangerous. There is no other explanation.

Majukun

They do have a reason. It's called Marxist philosophy.

One of the most dangerous men to ever live was Trotsky and ironically, another communist by the name of Stalin hated him so much that he killed him. But had Trotsky been in control and not Stalin, he was hell bent on going to war with every non-Communist nation.

China looks to continue where Trotsky failed.

Yes?

Once again, you don't think Communists haven't destroyed their own economy before?

again, is not a matter if they would or not

is if they needed to do it for their "masterplan" to work

the answer is no, they didn't , they could have hit the west and face no danger whatsoever

yet decided to put themselves at a disadvantage for no apparent reason, partially sabotaging their own plan in the process too, since apparently they did it to get an economic advantage.

if you still think it's all perfectly logical and foolproof enough to tell people that you "don't know how they can think it was not done on purpose", then let's just agree to disagree at this point.

JordanN

Banned
again, is not a matter if they would or not

is if they needed to do it for their "masterplan" to work

the answer is no, they didn't , they could have hit the west and face no danger whatsoever

The Chinese government never had empathy for their own people. Just look at Hong Kong. Before the pandemic, what did we see on the news?
It was the police beating the shit out of protestors.

A virus infecting their own population is nothing to them. Compared to what the government has done to their own people, it may not even be the worst. The Communists rip out people's organs at will and sell them on the market.

Or how about when they just straight up slaughter people like in Tiananmen?

UNXuD7U.jpg

yet decided to put themselves at a disadvantage for no apparent reason, partially sabotaging their own plan in the process too, since apparently they did it to get an economic advantage.

if you still think it's all perfectly logical and foolproof enough to tell people that you "don't know how they can think it was not done on purpose", then let's just agree to disagree at this point.
Yet look at the countries that are now the most hit hardest by it?

USA. Russia. India. So much more. All of them have more deaths and are losing thousands of jobs by the day.

And now Canada is next. Of course this is starting to look very orchestrated that benefits one group.

FdWiiyS.png

Last edited:

Majukun

You misunderstand what I’m saying. I don’t think they released the virus on purpose. But the absolutely allowed many people to fly internationally out of Wuhan after they knew it was widespread and dangerous. There is no other explanation.
considering the incubation period and people able to be asympthomatic carriers,the virus timeline is barely traceable so it's entirely possible that these travels happened way before the virus was even recognised as such...in fact the earliest european cases are from january, which would put them almost at the same time whenthe situation was evolving in china.

is it possible it was done on purpose? maybe. but we are nowhere near a "there's no other explanation" case here...we are not talking about a clearly recognizable sickness like ebola

Majukun

The Chinese government never had empathy for their own people. Just look at Hong Kong. Before the pandemic, what did we see on the news?
It was the police beating the shit out of protestors.

A virus infecting their own population is nothing to them. Compared to what the government has done to their own people, it may not even be the worst. The Communists rip out people's organs at will and sell them on the market.

Or how about when they just straight up slaughter people like in Tiananmen ?

UNXuD7U.jpg

Yet look at the countries that are now the most hit hardest by it?

USA. Russia. India. So much more. All of them have more deaths and are losing thousands of jobs by the day.

And now Canada is next. Of course this is starting to look very orchestrated that benefits one group.

FdWiiyS.png
you mean that the countries with the bigger populations are bieng the one hit the most by an infectious desease that spreads from person to person?

no shit.

and again, you can bring all the examples you want about the chinese government not caring about the people, here we are talking about putting your country and economy at risk for no benefit at all because unnecessary, it's not a matter of if they care about the population, is a matter if they are complete idiots that don't behave rationally , because self sabotaging your economy with a virus you don't need to infect yourself with, while you are doing the whole virus stuff trying to get an economic edge on other countries sounds like really counterproductive to the entire masterplan.

considering the incubation period and people able to be asympthomatic carriers,the virus timeline is barely traceable so it's entirely possible that these travels happened way before the virus was even recognised as such...in fact the earliest european cases are from january, which would put them almost at the same time whenthe situation was evolving in china.

is it possible it was done on purpose? maybe. but we are nowhere near a "there's no other explanation" case here...we are not talking about a clearly recognizable sickness like ebola
So why did they stop domestic travel then?

JordanN

Banned
you mean that the countries with the bigger populations are bieng the one hit the most by an infectious desease that spreads from person to person?

no shit.
China has more people than Russia and the USA... by a lot. Like, an entire Billion more.

Only India on that list is directly comparable in size and yet we clearly see the virus continues to spread despite India having been infected later.

Majukun said:
and again, you can bring all the examples you want about the chinese government not caring about the people, here we are talking about putting your country and economy at risk for no benefit at all because unnecessary, it's not a matter of if they care about the population, is a matter if they are complete idiots that don't behave rationally , because self sabotaging your economy with a virus you don't need to infect yourself with, while you are doing the whole virus stuff trying to get an economic edge on other countries sounds like really counterproductive to the entire masterplan.
They are still idiots because they failed to cover their own tracks. That is exactly how we knew they were lying from the start.

But they were still smart to downplay this stuff to the world. That is the point. They weren't trying to stop a worldwide pandemic, they encouraged it.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
So I just came back from the supermarket and what do I see?

-A woman in the Soda aisle starts coughing everywhere.
-Literally blurts out loud "I'm very sick"
-She touches my cart

This is why the virus is never going away. What was the point waiting in line for 10 minutes to get in the store just for them to let sick people inside anyway?

Oh yeah, and there are people who bring masks with them.... just to not wear it. Saw a guy talk to one of the store associates directly to her face with the mask hanging off his chin. :messenger_confused:

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
So I just came back from the supermarket and what do I see?

-A woman in the Soda aisle starts coughing everywhere.
-Literally blurts out loud "I'm very sick"
-She touches my cart

This is why the virus is never going away. What was the point waiting in line for 10 minutes to get in the store just for them to let sick people inside anyway?

Oh yeah, and there are people who bring masks with them.... just to not wear it. Saw a guy talk to one of the store associates directly to her face with the mask hanging off his chin. :messenger_confused:

I get it, people are idiots and it is frustrating. But the virus is never going away because that’s just how viruses work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom