• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

diffusionx

Gold Member
There is evidence for what seems like permanent damage in a good chunk of the infected from some studies. So it is not speculation. Will the damage recover long term? Maybe.

There is NOT evidence of this. I posted something saying 3/4ths of people reported long-term symptoms whereas the medical tests showed abnormal results in at most 1/4th of cases. A lot of this long-haul stuff is also from self-reported COVID cases, in some cases with negative PCR and antibody tests. Yes there are people with negative antibody tests who claim they have been sick from COVID for six months. There are some very murky, inconsistent, and limited instances of damage which may or may not be from COVID. Definitely not "a good chunk." Remember the official case counts are not even close to the real ones. If there was permanent damage in a good chunk of the infected, hospitals would be overrun with tens of millions of chronically ill people right now.

The media is hyping this stuff based on what people said in Facebook groups, which as you know is often considered a bastion for rational, measured, and objective discussion. No, these are scared and anxious people who have mental problems due to months of isolation and constant fear mongering. They need help and a return to their normal lives.

Last edited:
Please, we seen what happen with theater in usa... no one is willing to fo even when it is dirt cheap AND with social distance rule in place. Do people seriously believe economy will back to normal if there is no restriction in place? The answer is a big fat no. It is more like people "pretend" things will be normal.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Please, we seen what happen with theater in usa... no one is willing to fo even when it is dirt cheap AND with social distance rule in place. Do people seriously believe economy will back to normal if there is no restriction in place? The answer is a big fat no. It is more like people "pretend" things will be normal.

That’s because of the endless fear mongering, it is not a rational response to real situations. People are scared and they shouldn’t be.

bigsnack

There is NOT evidence of this. I posted something saying 3/4ths of people reported long-term symptoms whereas the medical tests showed abnormal results in at most 1/4th of cases. A lot of this long-haul stuff is also from self-reported COVID cases, in some cases with negative PCR and antibody tests. Yes there are people with negative antibody tests who claim they have been sick from COVID for six months. There are some very murky, inconsistent, and limited instances of damage which may or may not be from COVID. Definitely not "a good chunk." Remember the official case counts are not even close to the real ones. If there was permanent damage in a good chunk of the infected, hospitals would be overrun with tens of millions of chronically ill people right now.

The media is hyping this stuff based on what people said in Facebook groups, which as you know is often considered a bastion for rational, measured, and objective discussion. No, these are scared and anxious people who have mental problems due to months of isolation and constant fear mongering. They need help and a return to their normal lives.
Also, permanent is different than long term. I don’t understand the speculation of permanent damage when we won’t really know that for years to come at the earliest. I think some folks have used the term “long haul” C19 patients, and that is probably a more accurate description.

Chittagong

Gold Member

princess-bride-you-keep-using-that-word.gif

sinnergy

Nothing wrong , whole Europe is turning red and icus are starting to feel pressure ! Thanks for the vacation ! Which we didn’t do ! Now we can sit in the shit till may 🤡 nice spreading all!

Best spreading fall !!!

Last edited:
Nothing wrong , whole Europe is turning red and icus are starting to feel pressure ! Thanks for the vacation ! Which we didn’t do ! Now we can sit in the shit till may 🤡 nice spreading all!

Best spreading fall !!!
Good luck being cowards in the basement. I’ll bet Sweden won’t be sitting in their own shit though. Thankfully the US won’t either.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Boris talks about the economy before the most vulnerable. hmm no what means most to him, talks about deploying the army if need be to help the police.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Ian Blackford. is talking now. how long until Scottish independence is mentioned?, wait he hasn't holy moly

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Anyone who still believes the official death count read this tweet:

We are destroying our economy and the mental health of the entire population to save chronically ill 90 year olds so a stiff breeze can get them in 2 months.

Bu bu but COVID is still really deadly are you a flubro or something?!

I got fed up weeks/months ago of brainlets screeching "listen to the experts!" and then never changing their tune when the experts were proven false and/or when other experts disagreed with the WHO-approved experts.

At a certain point you have to accept that some people aren't worried about COVID. They're worried about Wrongthink.

T8SC

So closing pubs at 22:00 (UK) will achieve nothing as people will just go out earlier or go back to a friends to continue drinking.

No furlough extension either.

Christmas is going to be weird.

Hulk_Smash

Banned
Yup , but it’s not the virus fault it’s the governments , that want to take freedoms away 🤣 in the mean time if we keep this up together we will be taking our own freedom as measures will be even longer implemented.. This virus doesn’t give a fuck.

The bad thing is cunts are everywhere, my wife’s boss demanded everyone at work, but now his own wife has Covid everyone can work from home 🤣. Advise from government was work from home months ago . But he as boss ignored it and knew better.

He thought it all was a hoax 🤡🤪 they did everything , untouchable.

A nice circle .

So yet again , follow the simple rules , wash your hands until dry as fuck , sneeze in elbow , don’t do parties and crowds , wear a mask when appropriate, work from home when you can.

May health be with you ! Enjoy the sun ☀ and laugh a little

Best !The clown 🤡
I’m starting to think you’re just trolling.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I feel for young people. Already they had the problem of wages not keeping up with house prices and horrendous rents meaning they had no chance of owning a home without being fortunate enough to have well-off parents. With COVID lockdown destroying the economy, things got worse for them.

We've kicked away the bottom rungs of the ladder by killing bars and restaurants, typically jobs young people work as they learn the world of work. We've shrunk the economy by probably 10% after a 20% drop and 10% bounceback, meaning they'll find it harder than ever to get a job and if they do the wages will be even worse.

We've bankrupted the government, with £2trillion debt, a debt to GDP ratio not seen since World War 2, but with no Marshall Plan to rescue us, meaning that we'll almost certainly not be able to fund things that the poorest young people need. Education will face cuts, health services may simply be unsustainable leading us to a US-style insurance system that young people must fund with ever-shrinking wages. The state pension surely won't survive into my old age, let alone theirs, meaning they'll need to give even more of their income to a pension when they can barely afford rent and food. Social services won't be able to help the vulnerable, leaving care to relatives already struggling with no money. Policing will see cuts which means more crime, more misery.

Those calling for ever more lockdown need to ask themselves if they're comfortable sacrificing the next 2 or 3 generations to a completely broken economy and a life without hope.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Boris Johnson is a coward.

Bu bu but COVID is still really deadly are you a flubro or something?!

I got fed up weeks/months ago of brainlets screeching "listen to the experts!" and then never changing their tune when the experts were proven false and/or when other experts disagreed with the WHO-approved experts.

At a certain point you have to accept that some people aren't worried about COVID. They're worried about Wrongthink.

jp70EGM.jpg

"Why yes, I am a flubro, how can you tell?"

At this point I don't even care anymore. The misinformation is so large out there I will gladly be called a flubro. Basically own it and go hard in the opposite direction.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Boris Johnson is a coward.

jp70EGM.jpg

"Why yes, I am a flubro, how can you tell?"

At this point I don't even care anymore. The misinformation is so large out there I will gladly be called a flubro. Basically own it and go hard in the opposite direction.
Still waiting for a comprehensive acknowledgement of how the misinformation killed people and killed economies. That would mean admitting that maybe China tricked us, though and only people like Trump will admit that. 🤷‍♀️

Roufianos

I don't think it's a coincidence that deaths / cases kept falling in the UK even with the economy opening up but have suddenly skyrocketed right about the time that schools restarted.

diffusionx

Gold Member
All those masks in Spain are doing really well!
🤡

And of course Sweden is currently collapsing because of a huge increase in cases too... oh wait.

Media is still acting like they don't know what is going on, because they can't admit that their lockdown hysteria narrative was and still is dead wrong.

And of course Sweden is currently collapsing because of a huge increase in cases too... oh wait.

Media is still acting like they don't know what is going on, because they can't admit that their lockdown hysteria narrative was and still is dead wrong.

The only way is through. That’s just the way it is. There is no choice that doesn’t involve sacrifice. You either sacrifice your country’s future to save a few more lives in the present or you accept a certain level of death is unavoidable and plow ahead while doing your best to protect those at higher risk. There is nothing else.

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Oh for fuck's sake. Thank fuck for my arse-hose handheld bidet.

mcz117chief

I never want to hear Europeans talking shit about how stupid Americans are ever again.
As a European I grew out of that fantasy right about the time I actually started to look for news by myself instead of having them fed by the MSM and started to read history books other than the ones schools forced me to.

The only way is through. That’s just the way it is. There is no choice that doesn’t involve sacrifice. You either sacrifice your country’s future to save a few more lives in the present or you accept a certain level of death is unavoidable and plow ahead while doing your best to protect those at higher risk. There is nothing else.
This. And I don't understand how we as a species don't seem to get this having gone through it a handful of times in history. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, the Sweden model is the only way out. Everyone needs to look to the Spanish Flu, which was way worse than COVID, they took measures yes but not to the degree we saw in March and a vaccine didn't come until the 40s. It simply burned out. Just like SARS, another coronavirus. It's why the whole "the only way out is with a vaccine" makes me cringe. Yes that would help a lot but having the world go through 3 or 4 waves would also be another way out.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
This. And I don't understand how we as a species don't seem to get this having gone through it a handful of times in history. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, the Sweden model is the only way out. Everyone needs to look to the Spanish Flu, which was way worse than COVID, they took measures yes but not to the degree we saw in March and a vaccine didn't come until the 40s. It simply burned out. Just like SARS, another coronavirus. It's why the whole "the only way out is with a vaccine" makes me cringe. Yes that would help a lot but having the world go through 3 or 4 waves would also be another way out.

Here in the US, though, it has quickly become "the only way out is with a vaccine, delivered by the Kamala Harris administration." It is so obvious that all of this is political bullshit that it just defies belief. Demoratic controlled states are going to try to implement another lockdown through the election, it is guaranteed, and people will go along with it.

The fact that the UK is going with another lockdown, in September, with six months of knowledge, and when we have Sweden as a "control" to look to, is proof it has nothing to do with science.

Last edited:
Here in the US, though, it has quickly become "the only way out is with a vaccine, delivered by the Kamala Harris administration." It is so obvious that all of this is political bullshit that it just defies belief. Demoratic controlled states are going to try to implement another lockdown through the election, it is guaranteed, and people will go along with it.

The fact that the UK is going with another lockdown, in September, with six months of knowledge, and when we have Sweden as a "control" to look to, is proof it has nothing to do with science.
Well the UK is going through it with a scalpel not a hammer now. And Boris is on record saying there won't be another lockdown like March. I think we'll just see micro restrictions like close the barbers close the pubs ECT. Europe is starting to get it I think. With Spain and France trudging along with record spikes. The UK won't go full march lockdown I guarantee you. Expect things like "no dining in after 8pm" and stuff like that.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Well the UK is going through it with a scalpel not a hammer now. And Boris is on record saying there won't be another lockdown like March. I think we'll just see micro restrictions like close the barbers close the pubs ECT. Europe is starting to get it I think. With Spain and France trudging along with record spikes. The UK won't go full march lockdown I guarantee you. Expect things like "no dining in after 8pm" and stuff like that.

Does the virus turn more deadly after 8pm? I don't get it. The point is that all of this is unnecessary. It's all for show. They have to act like they are "doing something" so the scared babies in the room can feel better. This is why mask tyranny has taken hold so quickly.

Does the virus turn more deadly after 8pm? I don't get it. The point is that all of this is unnecessary. It's all for show. They have to act like they are "doing something" so the scared babies in the room can feel better. This is why mask tyranny has taken hold so quickly.
I mean I wasn't saying I advocate for or against what they're doing man I was just stating these are the measures Johnson is putting in place in lieu of a full lockdown. I do agree with you though it seems like PR and a little like a half measure for show but thats just what they're doing so hey. We'll see how it works out for them. I am extremely skeptical of that UK science advisor who says they could hit 50,000 a day by October. Thats just... I'd eat my shoe if the UK hits those numbers. I don't see it. Because it seems COVID hits a cap no matter how rampant it runs through a populous.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member

I get it, I mean, I have never seen as many people on the streets of Soho and Camden as during the pandemic, it’s absolutely ridiculous, and it’s not like they were quiet places before

Siri

Banned
We need to stick with the facts.

It doesn’t matter if a person had a mild case of Covid19, or is still suffering months after their infection, the fact is we don’t know what the long term sequelae of the virus will be - it might be terrible.

It’s not ‘fear-mongering’ to state the facts, and these are the facts:

Chiefly, what will the long term sequelae be? - it’s obvious... we don’t know yet, and we won‘t know for a decade. Even a person who experienced a very mild version of Covid19 and feels perfectly fine right now may have suffered vascular damage, or some other terrible illness that won’t immediately emerge. To shrug off this possibility in light of the data we’re seeing would be irresponsible.

It should at least be clear by now that the top medical people are all saying the same thing, that they’ve never seen anything like this disease, and that there’s so much that’s unknown about it. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom