• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breakage

So pubs and restaurants now have to close by 10pm in England (it seems the virus only comes out at night).
People are being encouraged to work from home.
Face masks are required in more places, retail workers now have to wear them too.

This all comes after the government told and paid people to go out and eat, resulting in many people sitting in close proximity to each other with no protection.
And after the government told people to get back into their offices.
And after government sat back and allowed people from all parts of the country to gather together to “protest” in support of BLM.

The measures introduced this week are less stricter than the measures introduced back in March – despite the fact that the virus will spread more easily in the colder weather.

I'm convinced that the UK government doesn't know what it is doing. I expect a full national lockdown before the year is up.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Flubro gang still going strong! To bad it’s not the flu 🤡

Had me going back to the flu bro thread and what I said there on March 14th:

Operation Mockingbird.

The media successfully convinced tens of millions of people, probably more, to buy into some giant conspiracy theories in just the last few years that included Russian collusion, impeachment over an innocuous phone call, Kavanaugh being a gang rapist and scared the US into believing a recession was imminent at the end of 2018 despite extraordinary job numbers and strong wage growth. They'll probably succeed in making it happen by overplaying the negatives and almost completely ignoring the positives during this virus (like that record breaking single day Dow Jones point gain yesterday). That's power.

mG2H6mi.gif

diffusionx

Gold Member
Had me going back to the flu bro thread and what I said there on March 14th:

mG2H6mi.gif

Seriously, go back in this thread, read what flubros were saying and linking to early on, see how their analysis/predictions compared to media hysteria and Fauci nonsense. Try to hunt down what big tech banned from the conversation, try to watch it and see how it predicted what would happen compared to what the media was saying at the time.

It's not even close.

Last edited:

Breakage

Out of nowhere, it seems Britain is suffering from unprecedented levels of diarrhoea again:
Panic buyers empty toilet roll aisles in supermarkets across the country as Asda announce 1,000 new marshals to make sure shoppers obey the rules

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Out of nowhere, it seems Britain is suffering from unprecedented levels of diarrhoea again:
Panic buyers empty toilet roll aisles in supermarkets across the country as Asda announce 1,000 new marshals to make sure shoppers obey the rules

Oh for fucks sake.

prag16

Banned

Some spicy back and forth

Some studies indicate they cross react. Fauci says he knows of study that says they don't. I haven't seen that study. Wouldn't be shocked if it was rustled up as damage control for the pro lockdown pro mask lobby.

The former seems more likely, as there's really no other explanation for why the virus petered out on its own in many areas around that seemingly arbitrary 20-25% range. Add to this what we learned about how short lived the antibodies can be, and the 20-25% could be a major underestimation as tons of the early infected now likely have T-cell immunity, with little/no antibodies remaining after 5-6+ months.

Fauci's "had enough of Senator Paul" because he's one of the few that publicly calls him out on his bullshit. I used to think Fauci was a good guy that means well, but at this point that no longer seems possible with the lengths he's going through to keep this shit going indefinitely. In March we had 15 days to flatten the curve. Six months later, fucking BABIES are getting kicked of planes for not wearing masks. We've long since lost our way, and he's one of the chief culprits.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Fauci's "had enough of Senator Paul" because he's one of the few that publicly calls him out on his bullshit. I used to think Fauci was a good guy that means well, but at this point that no longer seems possible with the lengths he's going through to keep this shit going indefinitely. In March we had 15 days to flatten the curve. Six months later, fucking BABIES are getting kicked of planes for not wearing masks. We've long since lost our way, and he's one of the chief culprits.

Media had a vested interest in portraying this unhinged lunatic as some kindly old grandfather, maybe who looks like the doctor your mom took you to as a kid. The reality is he is a politician, he’s been working in government longer than virtually all of Congress, and even longer than a lot of staffers have been alive. Psycho Bill Gates has been running this COVID hoax from the start (find his editorials from early in the year when he talks about What Must Be Done) and Fauci is his point man on the inside. This needs to end.

pel1300

Here in Tulum, Mexico ppl are acting like everything is normal.

People are being super social with strangers in cafes and bars.

They really do not care.

I am feeling more better....ppl actually talkng to me. Ppl seem really happy, both local and tourists.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Alright, my top's about to blow. Justin Trudeau just gave a national address where he invoked the World Economic Forum's "build back better"/"Great Reset," same as Joe Biden, and said we're in the middle of a second wave that could be worse than the first. 'Even if you're in an area with very few cases, download the covid app, your privacy is protected.' Thanksgiving gatherings are already out of the question, but "we might be able to gather for Christmas."

So, based just on a few days of rising cases the entire fall season is now basically under the Canadian government's tyrannical rule regardless of how we handle the virus moving forward.

"Follow the rules and you'll go back to normal" they said. I've only got two words left for the people still buying that load of crap.

This all looks so scripted, pumping up the numbers right before this damned speech with the help of media networks keeping cameras on testing lines all day long.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Alright, my top's about to blow. Justin Trudeau just gave a national address where he invoked the World Economic Forum's "build back better"/"Great Reset," same as Joe Biden, and said we're in the middle of a second wave that could be worse than the first. 'Even if you're in an area with very few cases, download the covid app, your privacy is protected.' Thanksgiving gatherings are already out of the question, but "we might be able to gather for Christmas."

So, based just on a few days of rising cases the entire fall season is now basically under the Canadian government's tyrannical rule regardless of how we handle the virus moving forward.

"Follow the rules and you'll go back to normal" they said. I've only got two words left for the people still buying that load of crap.

This all looks so scripted, pumping up the numbers right before this damned speech with the help of media networks keeping cameras on testing lines all day long.

The second wave is worse than the first if you love people dying

33534260-8764271-image-a-104_1600875686905.jpg

33533746-8764271-image-a-101_1600875018125.jpg

33536868-8764271-image-a-48_1600879293206.jpg

Breakage

Shocking moment police officers drag passenger off busy London train for refusing to wear face mask
  • Officer is seen speaking to a young man on London Overground train yesterday
  • Passenger put on a mask after repeatedly being asked to by transport police
  • The officer then followed the passenger down the train as an argument ensued
  • He was removed from the train moment after saying 'you'll have to drag me off
Video footage at the link:
Nothing “shocking” about it in my view.

Last edited:
Shocking moment police officers drag passenger off busy London train for refusing to wear face mask
Tomorrow that officer will be fired for being a racist.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing “shocking” about it in my view.

Tbh the attitude from the bloke lacking a mask - there's just a certain arrogance that exists among some sections of the population best explained by the infamous Chris Rock sketch, a belief they can do what they like, that there will be no consequences. The product of homes where there was no father to put the fear of god into them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breakage

Tbh the attitude from the bloke lacking a mask - there's just a certain arrogance that exists among some sections of the population best explained by the infamous Chris Rock sketch, a belief they can do what they like, that there will be no consequences. The product of homes where there was no father to put the fear of god into them.
I agree. It's just one of the many examples of why the black community has a serious problem with the police. All he had to do was put on the mask and socially distance. He chose to make things worse for himself.

Last edited:

Chaplain

"Sean and Rachel Bohnet were among the three arrested at the Psalm Sing service for singing while not wearing a mask or social distancing. This is the longer video showing the moments leading up to their arrest." (9/24/20)

cryptoadam

Banned
"Sean and Rachel Bohnet were among the three arrested at the Psalm Sing service for singing while not wearing a mask or social distancing. This is the longer video showing the moments leading up to their arrest." (9/24/20)

Can you stop showing videos from Communist China please, we all know they arrest Christians.

Oh wait sorry thats not China...

Chaplain

Can you stop showing videos from Communist China please, we all know they arrest Christians.

Oh wait sorry thats not China...

lol

More on this story: Candidate Rench arrested at downtown Moscow event

"Rench, a Moscow Republican running against incumbent Moscow Democrat Tom Lamar in November’s election, was one of five people cited by Moscow police for suspicion of being in violation of Moscow's mask/social distancing order, according to Moscow Police Chief James Fry ... Those who violate the order are subject to a misdemeanor, which carries a maximum punishment of six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. Fry said officers preach community policing, “but at some point in time you have to enforce.” He said the department has been “very lenient” on enforcing the order and officers have tried to work with every group to prevent incidents like Wednesday's from happening."

Breakage

Covid: UK sees highest number of coronavirus cases since mass tests began

The UK has recorded 6,634 new coronavirus cases, the government has announced, making it the highest figure since mass testing began.

Another 40 people have died within 28 days of testing positive for the virus.
The latest figures take the overall number of confirmed cases to 416,363, and total deaths to 41,902.
Meanwhile, Denmark, Slovakia, Iceland and the Caribbean island of Curacao have been cut from the UK's travel corridors list.
People arriving in the UK from these countries after 04:00 BST on Saturday must self-isolate for 14 days.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Why aren’t schools fully open again? Does anyone have a real answer?

1) Left-leaning folks are still in full panic and moral indignation mode about this pandemic and that won't let up until the election is over at the earliest.
2) Teacher unions don't want to give up this sweet-ass deal.
3) People in power love that they can control people's lives and act like they are being saviors in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nymphae

Banned
If kids or their caretakers have to be around the elderly, the kids should stay home. Why every other kid needs to have virtual learning makes no sense.

None of this situation has made much sense. I would guess that is the reason though. Your kid could have it and spread it to my kid and then I get it and I go to visit my grandma and she goes down, there doesn't necessarily have to be elderly living with the family for them to instil fear about spreading it around.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If kids or their caretakers have to be around the elderly, the kids should stay home. Why every other kid needs to have virtual learning makes no sense.

Point is, this is a decision individual families can make. Just as with everything else, human beings are capable of assessing what level of risk they are comfortable with. Only with this mild flu like virus are we supposed to defer our entire lives and rely on government officials to tell us what we can and cannot do.

nyr88nyg

Banned
None of this situation has made much sense. I would guess that is the reason though. Your kid could have it and spread it to my kid and then I get it and I go to visit my grandma and she goes down, there doesn't necessarily have to be elderly living with the family for them to instil fear about spreading it around.

You shouldn’t visiting your grandparents unnecessarily if your kids are in school. Your argument is that kids being in school is an inconvenience for you, therefore they should do virtual learning.

Nymphae

Banned
You shouldn’t visiting your grandparents unnecessarily if your kids are in school. Your argument is that kids being in school is an inconvenience for you, therefore they should do virtual learning.

I don't really care about nitpicking the rules tbh, like I said I think this entire thing has been a farce from the beginning. The damage was done long ago and now the populace is going to be freaked out for years to come, logic be damned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom