• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mask Efficacy |OT| Wuhan!! Got You All In Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptoadam

Banned
So how many grandmas were killed by rioters and protesters?

If the big worry is that people will go kill grandma we have a great case study to do. Someone should get on it and look at the last 100 days of rioting and protesting and find out how many of those rioters are grandma killers. If a DRUMPF supporter sneezed in the grand canyon I am sure the media would find a way to link that to an old age home death in Zimbabwa, so they could find out if any of these peaceful protesters gave it to their brothers uncles fathers mothers sister aunts second cousins first girlfriends dog walkers hair dressers grandma.

Breakage

Item limits are back in UK supermarkets:
Supermarket rationing is BACK! Loo roll and hand gel are among restricted items as Tesco, Aldi and Morrisons put limit on number of goods customers can buy
  • Stores take steps over fears of a repeat of stockpiling panic seen earlier this year
  • Shelves have been emptied following the PM's address to the nation on Tuesday
  • Other stores are bolstering security and increasing number of delivery slots

nyr88nyg

Banned
Point is, this is a decision individual families can make. Just as with everything else, human beings are capable of assessing what level of risk they are comfortable with. Only with this mild flu like virus are we supposed to defer our entire lives and rely on government officials to tell us what we can and cannot do.
Right. Schools should have an optional virtual program for kids in situations that can’t go back yet. Everyone else should be back to normal.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Supermarket rationing is BACK! Loo roll and hand gel are among restricted items as Tesco, Aldi and Morrisons put limit on number of goods customers can buy
  • Stores take steps over fears of a repeat of stockpiling panic seen earlier this year

b5f.jpg

Last edited:

jadedm17

Why aren’t schools fully open again? Does anyone have a real answer?

Nearly 9,000 Florida Children Diagnosed With Coronavirus in Two Weeks as Schools Reopen - Newsweek

That's one.

Florida has more than 56,000 pediatric cases of COVID-19 - Wesh2 News FL

Another.
The big one?

Florida schools defy DeSantis order to keep virus stats under wraps - Politico

Ron Desantis has been hiding numbers from the start, from firing Rebekah Jones for wanting to accurately report numbers making her create her own dashboard, to now stopping schools from reporting. He didnt want the public to have a clear view in March and he still doesn't in September.

I'd also like to point out when our case counts were record numbers over 10 to 15,000 we had 150-200 deaths a day and recent we're 2500-3500 daily cases and... 150 - 200 deaths many days? Either he's hiding numbers, testing is way down or the reporting system is deeply flawed.... I'm guessing a combination of all three.

nyr88nyg

Banned
Nearly 9,000 Florida Children Diagnosed With Coronavirus in Two Weeks as Schools Reopen - Newsweek

That's one.

Florida has more than 56,000 pediatric cases of COVID-19 - Wesh2 News FL

Another.
The big one?

Florida schools defy DeSantis order to keep virus stats under wraps - Politico

Ron Desantis has been hiding numbers from the start, from firing Rebekah Jones for wanting to accurately report numbers making her create her own dashboard, to now stopping schools from reporting. He didnt want the public to have a clear view in March and he still doesn't in September.

I'd also like to point out when our case counts were record numbers over 10 to 15,000 we had 150-200 deaths a day and recent we're 2500-3500 daily cases and... 150 - 200 deaths many days? Either he's hiding numbers, testing is way down or the reporting system is deeply flawed.... I'm guessing a combination of all three.
How many of those pediatric cases died?

Last edited:
H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

*sigh* thank fuck for my local cash and carry - that wasn't impacted by idiots last time so if the worst comes to the worst I'll go there. That said I have a couple of huge bags of rice and a shitload of frozen fish and chicken in the freezer, and an arse hose to deal with the bogroll issue, so I don't give a flying fuck anyway.

Jezbollah

Those same people that buy loo roll and hand gel at volume, are likely the same people out hanging with their mates getting drunk and thinking the guidelines don't apply to them - so they're the ones that cause the panic they're reacting to.

This country is full of selfish, ignorant, idiot plebeians.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I am spitting feathers. This really boils my piss and the government are just brushing it off like it's nothing. This is a conflict of interest, it's the very definition of one, i do my quarterly compliance exams!!

Tbh it's insulting too that it's just 600k to destroy the entire British economy. If people can be bought that cheaply we're all fucked.

If the Spanish flu is any indication after Europe and the USA get over this second wave that may or may not be the last big record setting one as it was back then. Then one or two smaller ones. Couple that with the worldwide immunity thats building up every single day and the vaccines that are coming relatively shortly, I think those that don't expect normal back by 2022 may be in for a surprise come March-June 2021.

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Wait till you find out Fauci's ties to Gilead
Nah that's already been swept under the rug, and deemed "misleading info" or some such shit. It's all out there. As are his ties to a shady Wuhan lab. Apparently nobody cared or cares.

The CT governor's wife has significant financial ties to a COVID testing company. This as he constantly touts the need for more and more increased testing no matter how much we're already testing in CT (north of 10,000 tests per day averaging around 1% positivity rate... one of the highest testing rates per capita and lowest positivity rates you'll find anywhere by the way).

It's been out there. It's known. Apparently nobody cares.

All of this type of shit is absolutely disgusting, but nobody cares.

I mean, if you actually read what is said he's not saying it will be required (they are opening up indoors for restaurants next week), he's saying it'll be allowed, using space heaters and such during the winter. As far as I can tell it was only allowed for rooftop diners prior to this declaration during the Winter months.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I mean, if you actually read what is said he's not saying it will be required (they are opening up indoors for restaurants next week), he's saying it'll be allowed, using space heaters and such during the winter. As far as I can tell it was only allowed for rooftop diners prior to this declaration during the Winter months.

It sounds like 25% indoor capacity + outdoor tables. Not sure how many want to sit outside during Winter and 25% isn’t that great, unless they plan on upgrading that soon.

It sounds like 25% indoor capacity + outdoor tables. Not sure how many want to sit outside during Winter and 25% isn’t that great, unless they plan on upgrading that soon.
Sure, but as far as I can tell we are rapidly approaching the point where those restaurants would have had to completely shut down outdoor dining, while still having limited indoor dining.

A better solution would be to unlimit indoor dining, but even with unlimited indoor dining it's quite possible there are restaurants that would like to have a patio open in the winter. The rooftop bars and such are popular, but not every place can do that.

jadedm17

Have you seen reports on non deaths? People with aches and pains weeks, even months later?

Im not saying anything is 100% right just that theres so many different angles to consider; Including those sick for months that didnt die.

nyr88nyg

Banned
Have you seen reports on non deaths? People with aches and pains weeks, even months later?

Im not saying anything is 100% right just that theres so many different angles to consider; Including those sick for months that didnt die.
I’m willing to bet that most, if not all, of those lasting symptoms are with people that have pre-existing conditions.

prag16

Banned
I’m willing to bet that most, if not all, of those lasting symptoms are with people that have pre-existing conditions.
This. And again, I think I noted on the last page, and others have said similar... we have upwards of 30 million "officially confirmed" cases worldwide, and probably at least 10x that in 'actual' infections. If this "debilitating long term consequences" angle was more than anecdotal, there would be a lot more to this than a few personal stories and a very small number of very limited studies indicating this. I mean I guess time will tell. But at this point, this can't reasonably be used as justification to pound the table for indefinitely keeping draconian restrictions in place.

Leyasu

Banned
How many of those kids have infected others who have died though?

I was looking at Sky news the other day, and they had graphs for a load of countries that all had massive spikes since the beginning of september.... Since the schools opened.

As the father of a 6 yr old and an 8 yr old, I am thankful that kids are fortunately spared the worst of COVID. But I am mindful of the part that children play in the chain of contaminations.

nyr88nyg

Banned

I was looking at Sky news the other day, and they had graphs for a load of countries that all had massive spikes since the beginning of september.... Since the schools opened.

As the father of a 6 yr old and an 8 yr old, I am thankful that kids are fortunately spared the worst of COVID. But I am mindful of the part that children play in the chain of contaminations.

The vast majority of people that died as a result are the elderly, and the elderly should not be around kids or their parents if those kids are going to school.

ManaByte

OC is putting pressure on Pelosi's Nephew to open Disneyland. He'll keep things locked down until after the election though.

Leyasu

Banned
The vast majority of people that died as a result are the elderly, and the elderly should not be around kids or their parents if those kids are going to school.
I agree.

I don't know what they say in the States, but here in Franceland and most of Europe for that matter, they are claiming that children can't infect each other or adults. Children are the deadend for COVID... Yet, every time they say that, they always say that children shouldn't be around their grandparents.

Strange thing to say if kids are a deadend for COVID

Last edited:

nyr88nyg

Banned
This. And again, I think I noted on the last page, and others have said similar... we have upwards of 30 million "officially confirmed" cases worldwide, and probably at least 10x that in 'actual' infections. If this "debilitating long term consequences" angle was more than anecdotal, there would be a lot more to this than a few personal stories and a very small number of very limited studies indicating this. I mean I guess time will tell. But at this point, this can't reasonably be used as justification to pound the table for indefinitely keeping draconian restrictions in place.

The anecdotal “lasting consequences” are just a pivot because covid isn’t as deadly as they want it to be.

diffusionx

Gold Member

Well the election is in November...

but seriously this outdoor dining thing is tacky as fuck.

Joe T.

If the Spanish flu is any indication after Europe and the USA get over this second wave that may or may not be the last big record setting one as it was back then. Then one or two smaller ones. Couple that with the worldwide immunity thats building up every single day and the vaccines that are coming relatively shortly, I think those that don't expect normal back by 2022 may be in for a surprise come March-June 2021.

That's how it would play out if this was a naturally occurring virus/pandemic and there weren't global forces trying to change the world in ways that will continue stripping us of our freedom/independence. That's not the case, though.

The climate change and "Black Lives Matter" protests were forced down our throats these last couple of years with intentionally misleading stories and a total lack of productive discussions/debates, same as this pandemic. The most important questions are getting brushed under the rug if they're being asked at all. The truth has been deemed conspiracy theory.

f67f1a74260e0a4a4bf534362e719e1f.png

The US remains a valuable partner when you're looking to advance a certain agenda, but Trump obviously isn't on board with globalists. The last four years of unbelievably deceptive news coverage - pandemic included - become easier to understand when you start realizing what's happening in the grand scheme of things, even if there are some dots that can't yet be connected. One of the men that's been using his fortune to change US politics and media coverage speaking at the World Economic Forum in January 2018:

A brief 60 Mins interview from the late 90's helps explain the man's general mindset, the kind of mindset that appears to be guiding us through these times. Bill Gates is another example (re: 'death panels') joyously laughing during an interview as he's told the economic recovery will be slow.

Trudeau just addressed the United Nations and he hit all the globalist key points: "climate reckoning," inequality and health "because the way we're doing things just isn't working well enough. Too often concerted action is blocked, the needs of our citizens are denied as a result of gridlock and decision-making bodies." He took thinly veiled shots at the US, China and Russia while pushing for a new global governing body, the same one people refer to as a conspiracy theory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Kagey K

Banned
Still no results today.

This is getting fucking frustrating now. It was supposed to get my daughter back in school faster, but she could have been back in school already had she not got told to self isolate by AHS, her 10 days expired on Weds but because she was symptomatic they told her she can’t go back until results.

I missed a whole week of work and it looks like I might be missing some more.

This is shit.

Last edited:

Yeah. We should definitely ruin kids lives now so they don’t potentially give covid to grandma.

Keep them locked indoors getting substandard zoom education administered by stressed, untrained parents who have jobs of their own. Make sure they can’t see their friends or make any new ones because not only can they not get close of anyone else, they can’t even see each other’s faces.

Keep them locked inside, especially when it gets colder and playing outside because less tolerable. Make sure they spend all their time in front of some kind of screen. Screens for school, TV, video games. Things that don’t spread covid.

And make sure if any parents express concern about any of this being bad for their kids, you shame them for not taking the virus seriously AND for being bad parents who don’t like to spend time with their own kids. That second part is super important.

Remember, this is all about keeping every single grandma alive a couple more years. There is no cost to high, no burden our kids shouldn’t bear to make that happen. So don’t ask when this stuff will end. It will end when grandmas stop dying.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
Yeah. We should definitely ruin kids lives now so they don’t potentially give covid to grandma.

Keep them locking indoors getting substandard zoom education administered by stressed, untrained parents who have jobs of their own. Make sure they can’t see their friends or make any new ones because not only can they not get close of anyone else, they can’t even see each other’s faces.

Keep them locked inside, especially when it gets colder and playing outside because less tolerable. Make sure they spend all their time in front of some kind of screen. Screens for school, TV, video games. Things that don’t spread covid.

And make sure if any parents express concern about any of this being bad for their kids, you shame them for not taking the virus seriously AND for being bad parents who don’t like to spend time with their own kids. That second part is super important.

Remember, this is all about keeping every single grandma alive a couple more years. There is no cost to high, no burden our kids shouldn’t bear to make that happen. So don’t ask when this stuff will end. It will end when grandmas stop dying.
I have noticed a pattern of aggression in these threads from the lunatic right on gaf.

I never fucking advocated any of the shit you just wrote. What I did imply is that some honesty from our governments would be better and invest a bit of money in making sure that the spread of Covid amongst kids is minimized and the risk to their parents also.

I have noticed a pattern of aggression in these threads from the lunatic right on gaf.

I never fucking advocated any of the shit you just wrote. What I did imply is that some honesty from our governments would be better and invest a bit of money in making sure that the spread of Covid amongst kids is minimized and the risk to their parents also.
Oh relax. I was having a little fun. I know you didn’t say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom