• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just completed what was just about the most thorough play through of Mass Effect ever. Did every mission, completed the collect-a-thon, opened every container, destroyed almost all Geth Armature and all turrets on foot. I even continued to collect the tags, matriarch writings, minerals deposits and do surveys after the collect-a-thon was complete just for the XP. There were about 8 Geth Armature and 6 turrets that I accidentally destroyed with the Mako while attempting to weaken them. This playthrough was on PC so it also included the free Bring Down the Sky DLC.

I can say that to my knowledge level 57 is absolutely the highest level a character can reach on a single playthrough of Mass Effect. I don't see how a character could possibly even make it to level 58.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Vamphuntr said:
Skilotonn where is the official thread? I'm kinda lost in the hype now. We could always do a RK style thread taking random quote of people complaining about the lack of inventory, skill number reduction, romance options, hacking minigame and the preorder campaign :lol .

Don't worry, it will be done, I just can't pin-point when unfortunately... :(

Should hopefully be done within the next few days, if not weekend - late, I know...

And I'm digging that Cerberus armor, especially the colors - man I LOVE the art in this game to death!

Thanks for confirming that Casey keeps his interviews spoiler-free Casper, I've been kinda weary in listening to them, and now I have no worries in listening to them - I hope that he answers my art book question in one of them...

Oh, and I loved the Mako! Sad to see that it will be replaced, hopefully the replacement will at least look as cool and handle as fun as it did...

EDarkness

So what are the romance options this time around for male Sheppard?

So far, I only see the crazy babe. I went through the first game and didn't choose a babe because I thought both of them kinda sucked.

Doodis

cerberus.jpg

I wonder if this is the Mass Effect Galaxy reward? That would be nifty (for me at least, since I bought the game).

As for the official thread, my vote is:

Mass Effect 2 Official Thread of Big, Stupid Jellyfish.

Vamphuntr

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Miranda, Subject Zero and -Tali or Samara- (most provably Tali by the hints of the developers)

Then for me it will be
Miranda. There is no way in hell I'm gonna romance some alien in a spacesuit or a crazy tomboy biotic chick.

EDarkness

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Miranda, Subject Zero and -Tali or Samara- (most provably Tali by the hints of the developers)

Tali? Are you serious? How's that gonna work...she's encased in carbonite...? I would like to go with the Miranda babe, but I think she's gonna turn out like Morrigan and be a bitch...much like I though Ashley was.

hermit7

SpacePirate Ridley said:

Probably not Samara as a Justicar she has sworn off having children.

Does anyone think we may end up having little Shepards in the third?

Einbroch

Banned
Reluctant-Hero said:
Seriously, screw street dates. If the game is done and an individual has preordered it, just sell it! It's not like it's going to sell less because they lost a week of marketing to the "core" fan base.

Now I'm sure there are marketing statistics, full of charts and graphs, that show how X amount of advertising weeks can improve first week sales numbers. But then you run this risk of "leaks" and pirates who want the game as soon as (illegally) possible. And in th end the core fans, developer and publisher miss out.

/End rant. Man I haven't wanted a game this badly since Halo 3! :lol
This.

What they could do is have a "promotion" where if you preorder the game, you can get the game as soon as the store receives it. The only reason I bring this up is because publishers are obsessed with preorder incentives. If they're afraid of people selling them used on launch day, just make it a day or two early. Releases on a Tuesday? Preorderers can pick them up Friday or Monday.

Makes sense, publishers don't lose any business, and you increase preorders. Sounds like win-win to me.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Skilotonn said:
Oh, and I loved the Mako! Sad to see that it will be replaced, hopefully the replacement will at least look as cool and handle as fun as it did...
It looks way better than the Mako IMO.

ve9nkk.jpg

Doodis said:
cerberus.jpg

I wonder if this is the Mass Effect Galaxy reward? That would be nifty (for me at least, since I bought the game).

I think its paid DLC.
After launch, BioWare will release another DLC pack for Mass Effect 2 that introduces the Hammerhead, a new vehicle in the Mass Effect universe. This agile hover tank features improved handling on rough terrain and maneuvers deftly in combat -- a necessity for players traveling across harsh planetary environments throughout the galaxy. In addition to this new vehicle, BioWare will release new missions and unique in-game items, including Cerberus Assault Armor which boost shields, health and heavy weapon ammo and the M-22 Eviscerator Shotgun.
They would have mentioned Galaxy in the PR if the armor was tied to it.

Pimpbaa

SlickVic said:
Maybe someone can confirm but the three of the default choices are
Wrex Dies, Ashley Dies, and the Council Dies
. Again, not 100% on these (think I read them on these boards or IGN) so take them for what they're worth.

I hope that isn't true. That would be horribly lame.

Doodis

Killthee said:
I think its paid DLC.

They would have mentioned Galaxy in the PR if the armor was tied to it.
Ah, my bad. Didn't see that earlier. But I'm thinking the Galaxy reward has to be tied into Cerberus somehow.

Vamphuntr

I hope the DLC is handled way better than DA. Once I beat it I have little interest to pay 5$ for new areas. Sure DA had at least the option to visit these areas after you complete the game but still it's dumb. I will be there for Awakening though since it's a continuation of the plot. I do hope we get full expansion for ME 2.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Doodis said:
cerberus.jpg

The most likely guess judging by the insignia on the armor is that it's the Cerebrus armor as mentioned in the Cerebrus Network announcement, of which it's contained in the 2nd pack of DLC which also includes the Hammerhead.

Ah, my bad. Didn't see that earlier. But I'm thinking the Galaxy reward has to be tied into Cerberus somehow.

To get the reward, you have to talk to Jacob, so I would assume it's safe to say it ties into Cerebrus.

Doodis

Pimpbaa said:
I hope that isn't true. That would be horribly lame.
You can change the default choices in the character setup. You're asked questions to "test your memory," and if you change the answer, it will become what "happened" in the storyline.

However, if you're importing a character, those choices are set, and if you change the answer, they'll just tell you no, that's wrong.

Pimpbaa

Doodis said:
You can change the default choices in the character setup. You're asked questions to "test your memory," and if you change the answer, it will become what "happened" in the storyline.

However, if you're importing a character, those choices are set, and if you change the answer, they'll just tell you no, that's wrong.

Excellent. This is the way I wanted it.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Dax01 said:
WHERE IS MAH OFFICIAL THREAD?

*pouts*

"Soon"(TM)

Skilotonn said:
Don't worry, it will be done, I just can't pin-point when unfortunately... :(

Should hopefully be done within the next few days, if not weekend - late, I know...

TheContact

Ugh my store just got a bunch of copies today. I was pushing some products and saw a box that said "time sensitive materials inside--do not release before jan26th". Opened it up and saw 20 ME2s for X360, one was a CE. Saw a couple for PC as well. Computer won't sell them early even if I tried =o

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Ephemeris said:
Pinnacle Station. 240 points. To my fellow Spectres (and the Tali-hating Hanars): Is it worth it? Even at this price?

It's all combat, barely any story.

That being said, I thought it was kinda fun and you get a snazzy apartment out of it.

Ponti

Ephemeris said:
Pinnacle Station. 240 points. To my fellow Spectres (and the Tali-hating Hanars): Is it worth it? Even at this price?
If you enjoy the combat I'd say go for it as that's really all there is in that DLC :lol Story is non existant.

You can also gamble away your millions of credits for lewt at your apartment, great way to get the high end armours for your squaddies.

Ponti said:
Thane and Jacob are confirmed. Not certain who the third is yet but it could be Samara
or Garrus

Cool, I'm glad it doesn't have achievements for each romance option like DA:O does, because the thought of Garrus is a bit... awkward. o_O

SlickVic

I'd only recommend Pinnacle Station if you couldn't get enough of the combat in ME1. For anyone else, really wouldn't recommend spend any cash on it. No real plot makes the experience very forgettable in my books.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom