• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarybore

Brilliant trailer, one of the best I've seen for a game, but definitely spoilerific. Probably a good time to stop watching all these videos. :lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I enjoyed the trailer quite a bit, but man was the framerate ever horrid in parts. I really hope that's not indicative of the game proper.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Soooooooooo tempted to watch but I know I'm gonna regret it...

Like I stated before, I love, LOVE the mass media/preview hype with this game pre-launch - I don't know if it's pure coincidence or what, but all these huge games for the 360 really know how to keep their fans fed till the game releases, instead of starving for info, and really know how to market the game...

Einbroch

Banned
Mass Effect 1 Spoiler with Question:
Do we know the "default" choices made if you don't load your ME1 file? 'Cause if Ashley is dead, fuck that, I need to do a quick speed run before Tuesday.

Not sure if we need to tag ME1 spoilers, but thought I'd be safe.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Einbroch said:
Mass Effect 1 Spoiler with Question:
Do we know the "default" choices made if you don't load your ME1 file? 'Cause if Ashley is dead, fuck that, I need to do a quick speed run before Tuesday.

Not sure if we need to tag ME1 spoilers, but thought I'd be safe.

IIRC
the council is dead, and the ashley/kaiden thing depends on the gender you pick(Ashley is alive for male, Kaiden for female). I can't remember the Wrex outcome though.

Einbroch

Banned
Papercuts said:
IIRC
the council is dead, and the ashley/kaiden thing depends on the gender you pick(Ashley is alive for male, Kaiden for female). I can't remember the Wrex outcome though.
Thanks, I planned on being evil, er, "renegade" anyway so the first point fits me.

Najaf

So I'm a solid Mass Effect lover who went the distance with 1000/1000 in the original. After a system update for the console, my saves got detached from my profile for all of my games making them unusable. (long story and long rant not necessary here)

It has been a long time since i played through the original. My question is how long would it take to burn through the main story of ME:1 so that I can live with my desired decisions in the sequel that I originally made? I never did a beeline through the original as I was either achievement chasing or just enjoying the scenery. Anyone have an estimate?

Einbroch

Banned
Najaf said:
So I'm a solid Mass Effect lover who went the distance with 1000/1000 in the original. After a system update for the console, my saves got detached from my profile for all of my games making them unusable. (long story and long rant not necessary here)

It has been a long time since i played through the original. My question is how long would it take to burn through the main story of ME:1 so that I can live with my desired decisions in the sequel that I originally made? I never did a beeline through the original as I was either achievement chasing or just enjoying the scenery. Anyone have an estimate?
If you did nothing extra and played on the easiest setting you could probably get through it in about 6 hours.

I remember my second file had a clear time of 10 hours, but I actually listened to all the conversations.

Wiggum2007

I hope who survives the suicide mission is less predictable then just whether or not you've gained that party member's loyalty.

Because, and maybe I'm weird for this, but for the sake of an interesting storyline I'd want some of my favorite squadmates to die.

tenz0r

Ephemeris said:
Pinnacle Station. 240 points. To my fellow Spectres (and the Tali-hating Hanars): Is it worth it? Even at this price?

I think it is worth 240 points for the fact that you can get 150 easy achievement points from it. I mean they have things like dashboard themes and avatar clothing that are 240 points or more, so spending that on more game play is worth it in my book.

WEGGLES

Najaf said:

Took me ~20 hours on a first play thru, I imagine with knowing what to do/where to go etc it could be around 15 or less if I really rush.

Lunchbox

Banned
Pankaks said:
Yikes a bit too spoilery for me, but thanks nonetheless.

what spoilers? you people are too sensitive.

it just showed Sheppard running around shooting shit as things blew up with awesome music

dekjo

gregor7777 said:
If the official thread's title is anything but "Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard. Wrex. Shepard." for the first month that will be a disappointment.

Trailer aside, can we have this please? And I'm fine with it going for more than a month.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Gamer @ Heart said:
Fucking awesome.

FYI

The music is from Two Steps from Hell. They make trailer music. I am OBSESSED with them.

The song is called Heart of Courage.

So awesome :O.

New avatar for these momentous developments:

23uqu7a.png

Vamphuntr

Wow trailer is amazing. Music was incredible, it fit very well to the theme of the game too. It felt like a movie preview. Can't wait.

There are spoilers in there though. Some characters interactions between not yet revealed party members. Some spoilers about the collectors and the fate of some familiar faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom