• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 2 Hype Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
Rez said:
I made the extremely bad choice that was playing through the first ME as an Adept. It has kind of scarred me. I don't know if I'm ready to love again yet.
You have a nice PC now right? Play it on that.

Also,
245di5y.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Chinner said:
You have a nice PC now right? Play it on that.

Also,
http://i29.tinypic.com/16gjss2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
you know, that's a really great idea.

I gave my 360 copy to a mate for his birthday, so I haven't actually been able to replay it. That, coupled with how much better the game is bound to run...

edit: 30 bucks on Steam? sold.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I was gonna replay ME but due to time constraints I couldn't. I hope when I chose New Game earlier in the summer I didn't delete my old saves:lol

Lakitu

st5fu
The reason for no new game + is because once you complete the game, the game will remain open, for DLC and for stuff that you may have missed. So you can return to other locations etc. I think I'd prefer that anyway.

remz

I made the extremely bad choice that was playing through the first ME as an Adept. It has kind of scarred me. I don't know if I'm ready to love again yet.
For the love of god next time you play choose another class.

I recommend Vanguard, cruise with Wrex/Garrus and Tali and you'll be sweet.

legend166

All these people that say "Oh man I beat the game with 40 hours played" makes me feel bad my first time through lasted 14 hours.

D:

I was seriously taken with Mass Effect when I finally got around to playing it. I finished it in five days and about 30 hours of play. I've been replaying it to get myself nice and hyped, which is stupid because the sequel's months away:lol

Just a few changes would make the sequel perfect for me:
- Let me fly the Normandy. That sucker is the coolest non-Millennium Falcon space ship I've ever seen, just so awesome.
- Give the Mako horizontal thrusters as well as vertical, just to get it up some slopes that are slightly too steep for it.
- Steal another RPG's inventory system. Any one, it doesn't matter which. Anything's better than what Mass Effect currently has.
- Make the film grain filter grainier. Like, a lot. The 70's pulp Sci Fi box art for the second game gives me high hopes for this.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
matrix-cat said:
- Give the Mako horizontal thrusters as well as vertical, just to get it up some slopes that are slightly too steep for it.

Heh, the worst part about it is if you're on a steep slope and you thrust, you actually fall all the way DOWN the slope since the thrust repels off the slope, so if you get frustrated and hit the button it just screws you over further.

- Steal another RPG's inventory system. Any one, it doesn't matter which. Anything's better than what Mass Effect currently has.

They mentioned they fixed this by entirely redoing the menus/UI.

ttocs

I've been contemplating downloading the new DLC to up my hype for the new game but just don't have enough time at the moment. I have to give it a shot though before 2 comes out. Would really like to finish the second novel also.

I was already hyped for ME2 right after finishing the first one. I have only finished the game once, as an adept, and this thread is making me consider another playthrough right now (I planned to go through it again right before release date).

I'm ready for more Codex entries! More background information on political, economical and religious aspects of ME's civilizations!
I'm not joking in the slightest. Is that sad? :p

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm thinking of double dipping on the PC. I love me some mass effect. I'll have to repurchase ME for 360 somebody stole it :( . I really need to replay ME on the 360 I don't like some of the choices I made and I want to have the best save possible for ME 2.

Hype. Hype. Hype.

hmm i want
liara, as my love interest,
to return, but i dont wnat to use my savestate to play ME2 because I hate my own shepard, he looks really dumb. in the editor he looked pretty badass, but ingame he was just a shmug. maybe like a mixture of professor x and marcus phoenix. :/

I wonder what the default set up will be.

matrix-cat said:
- Make the film grain filter grainier. Like, a lot. The 70's pulp Sci Fi box art for the second game gives me high hopes for this.

I've maybe said this before but they should add slider for this. It was a bit too strong in ME1 for me.

remz

I've maybe said this before but they should add slider for this. It was a bit too strong in ME1 for me.
No way man, more grain.

I hate my own shepard, he looks really dumb. in the editor he looked pretty badass, but ingame he was just a shmug. maybe like a mixture of professor x and marcus phoenix. :/
Yeah the editor kind of makes your character look 10000 times better then in game. what's with that? :(

One thing I hope they do this time around is add more unique models for armor/weapons. you get all this cool shit but it all looks the same, but in differant colors. Mix it up a bit bioware!

mike0513

Banned
Hydrargyrus said:
C'mon EA, announce ME for PS3, pleaseee
Hey man, i feel your pain. When MGS4 came out it forced me to buy a PS3. Not that i'm suggesting you go out and do something similar, quite the contrary, I hate modern game company politics. There is no huge performance gap between the two consoles, its ridiculous how much exclusive (often times paid for) content there is this generation.

mike0513

Banned
I've been wondering that as well. Even though it doesn't really matter anymore as i'm going to replay the game on the pc (steam deal too good to pass up) from here on out, but my original shepard was ONE UGLY MOFO

wRATH2x

Banned
Seriously cannot freaking wait! Oh and if I transfer my save file from a hard disk to a memory card, will it work for Mass Effect 2?

Clott

I am thankfully going to get my hand on Uncharted 2 before this game comes out, thats going to make the wait A LOT easier.

Reno7728

I was just wondering which decision that was made in ME1 are you most looking forward to see the impact for

For me
I want to see how sparing/killing the rachni queen pans out. I saved her and am hoping for a huge army of rachni to support me at some point in tyhe trilogy.

Reno7728 said:
I was just wondering which decision that was made in ME1 are you most looking forward to see the impact for

For me
I want to see how sparing/killing the rachni queen pans out. I saved her and am hoping for a huge army of rachni to support me at some point in tyhe trilogy.

That would be amazing.

Snowden said:
Christ. As if official threads weren't bad enough... I'm looking forward to ME2 quite a lot, but for fuck's sake, does the circle-jerking need to start six months out?

yes, it does. Now whip it out and start jerking or leave the thread!

Reno7728 said:

For me

I want this so much

dionysus said:
Maybe Bioware will deliver on just one of their promises this time around. I am doubtful though.

So ME didn't deliver on any of the promises they made, eh?

You obviously played the game, and your opinion is very well thought out.

proposition said:
more importantly

can we fuck a dude

I did it multiple times. What was your problem?

oh, you mean you played the inferior male shephard? There's an easy fix to that

edit: yeah, I'm an idiot who should have multi-quoted, sorry.

Reno7728 said:
For me
Holy shit that would be unbelievable.
My evil Shephard killed it, though. :(

elrechazao said:
yes, it does. Now whip it out and start jerking or leave the thread!
I have a free hand!

jjasper

I am interested in how they will handle the stuff with the council and what the set up is for people that didn't play the first one.
I assume it will be council is alive w/ Anderson as the human
but I am thinking of replaying to see what it is like
with the council dead

ZAnimus

Can't wait for this -- I think I'll replay the first one within the next few weeks to help while away the time.

Alucrid

Banned
I want better armor. The first game's armor was pretty meh, especially for humans. They need to add more sets like Wrex's Rage/Berzerker/Battlemaster and Garrus's Phantom armors. Those were badass.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Alucrid said:
I want better armor. The first game's armor was pretty meh, especially for humans. They need to add more sets like Wrex's Rage/Berzerker/Battlemaster and Garrus's Phantom armors. Those were badass.
More than 3 Quarian armors would be great too. I swear, finding shit for Tali was damn near impossible.

Mindlog

The theory behind no new game + is sound. However, it just combines min/max builds with min/max playthroughs. Kind of crappy.

More importantly, if an item like *Tungsten/Shredder/Rail* is capped at VII because it's too powerful KEEP SELLING/dropping THE ITEM past typical level VII caps.

Wrex has 4 balls.

* Would have been the BEST items to include in the new DLC gambling scheme. If it had included them I would have said the DLC was worth it.

no new game + is the worst thing I've heard about this game so far. It's certainly the feature that lead to my 14 playthroughs, and I'm very disappointed that it's not coming.

elrechazao said:
no new game + is the worst thing I've heard about this game so far. It's certainly the feature that lead to my 14 playthroughs, and I'm very disappointed that it's not coming.

Really? Other than to get me the achievement, i never bothered with NG+ because it was so damn tedious.

I have started many new characters though.

Samara

elrechazao said:
So ME didn't deliver on any of the promises they made, eh?

You obviously played the game, and your opinion is very well thought out.

When I first saw the game, they had this demo where it showed KOTOR like gameplay and interrupt system. Now, I would have like the "play as each squadmates" but whateva.

Sucks that Wrex is no longer a part of the team.

and if there is one thing I don't want them to change is... the armor glitch :lol

Davidion

Less sex scenes, more this, thank you. I feel like if there's anything to really amplify the ME experience, it would be more epic battles.

Reno7728 said:

For me

DY_nasty said:
More than 3 Quarian armors would be great too. I swear, finding shit for Tali was damn near impossible.

Hell, on my insanity playthrough, i did not get any armor for her at all.

Though i came to the conclusion that i really did not need it, seeing as she Shepard always took the heat of the party members (Vanguard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom