• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Dennis

Banned
Shep......nope. Dead joke.

You damn right he is dead!

Edit: Damn you EatChildren! Get out of my head!

K06FP.jpg

ace3skoot

finally caved and pre-ordered N7 collectors edition from amazon, hurrah for GAME messing up the deal, now everyone benefits with cheaper games and better editions :)

Salvadora

How else were they going to do it aside from having mission-specific squadmates? It's kind of the corner they put themselves in with having the suicide mission storyline being the second game and not the third game.

Exactly. They put themselves into a corner, Now i'll only get my favourite characters temporarily and be stuck with the shitty new squad mates the entire game.

Dammit, another "decision" from the previous games made irrelevant.

Doesn't matter if you got to the Collector base fast to save your entire crew as they're all replaced, except for conveniently the few you save even if you turn up late.

We still don't know what imported decisions this guy has and what we are seeing is only a possibility.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Exactly. They put themselves into a corner, Now i'll only get my favourite characters temporarily and be stuck with the shitty new squad mates the entire game.

From what we've seen from official videos so far, it feels like the only permanent squadmembers are
Garrus, Vega and Ashley/Kaidan...

I've got a feeling the 2nd slot will be often filled with temporary ME1/ME2/new members.

Patryn

If people are going to talk spoilers, can you just put everything in spoiler tags? I don't like even reading the context of the spoiler.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, spoiler tags please guys. Some people are on a blackout as to who the squadmates are as well.

zethren

Banned
That's really lame if Legion isn't a squadmate in ME3...he was one of the coolest new characters, with a great story to explore, and he appears at the very end of ME2... :/

If he isn't a squadmate, I really hope he makes frequent appearances.

From what we've seen from official videos so far, it feels like the only permanent squadmembers are Garrus, Vega and Ashley/Kaidan...

I've got a feeling the 3rd slot will be often filled with temporary ME1/ME2/new members.

There's a third squad member slot?

rozay

Banned
So it seems like there's tons of stuff in this thread that I don't want to read?

All I ask is that if the pre-order/collector's DLC gets put up early and for free again on XBL, somebody please make a new thread. please. I will be forever grateful to you.

From what we've seen from official videos so far, it feels like the only permanent squadmembers are Garrus, Vega and Ashley/Kaidan...

I've got a feeling the 3rd slot will be often filled with temporary ME1/ME2/new members.

Pretty sure
the Prothean
and
android EDI
are permanent squadmates.

Bisnic

Yeah, spoiler tags please guys. Some people are on a blackout as to who the squadmates are as well.

Fine, but if people are in total blackout as to not even know the 3 squadmates Bioware as shown us since last year, maybe they shouldn't even enter this thread.

There's a third squad member slot?

Well i meant 3rd slot including our Shepard. Guess i'll fix this lol.

Kenaras

I'm on the verge of spending an obscene amount of money on ME3, and hoping someone here can enlighten me on other options. Here's my situation:

I have the 360 versions of ME1/ME2, along with my saves. My circle of friends will be playing ME3 multiplayer on PC, and I plan to join them. However, I need to complete my original playthrough. Also, my 360 has a broken DVD drive - won't eject, and won't read discs.

My 360 is an old, near-launch 20GB version, so I've been looking at buying a new 360 rather than spending the money to repair my existing one. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't RROD'd yet. Altogether, I'm looking at a new 360 and double dipping on two copies of ME3 at launch.

Is there a way to copy my ME2 saves to my PC? If so, would I need to purchase a copy of ME2 PC in order to import those saves? I'm planning on replacing my 360 eventually, but it would be nice if I could wait until a price drop.

Patryn

I'm on the verge of spending an obscene amount of money on ME3, and hoping someone here can enlighten me on other options. Here's my situation:

I have the 360 versions of ME1/ME2, along with my saves. My circle of friends will be playing ME3 multiplayer on PC, and I plan to join them. However, I need to complete my original playthrough. Also, my 360 has a broken DVD drive - won't eject, and won't read discs.

My 360 is an old, near-launch 20GB version, so I've been looking at buying a new 360 rather than spending the money to repair my existing one. Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't RROD'd yet. Altogether, I'm looking at a new 360 and double dipping on two copies of ME3 at launch.

Is there a way to copy my ME2 saves to my PC? If so, would I need to purchase a copy of ME2 PC in order to import those saves? I'm planning on replacing my 360 eventually, but it would be nice if I could wait until a price drop.

It's possible. There are utilities out there that do this.

I don't think you'll need ME2 on PC, either.

wtf I thought
Liara
was a permanent squad member? Is it seriously
Garrus
and all the awful human characters no one gives a shit about? This is the worst news I've heard about this game so far.

Bisnic

wtf I thought
Liara
Garrus
and all the awful human characters no one gives a shit about? This is the worst news I've heard about this game so far.

My bad, i forgot about her. How could i? She's my soulmate for my main Shepard! Yeah, pretty sure she is permanent.

wtf I thought
Liara
Garrus

No one really knows dude, but it's a safe bet
Liara
is permanent.

DTKT

Whaaat.

Tali? :(

That news about temporary squadmate is pretty disappointing. They spend two games building up characters to ignore them in the last game? smh.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ME3's squadmates are, to my knowledge;

- Ashley/Kaidan
- Vega
- Garrus
- Liara
- Tali
- Character spoiler:
EDI
- DLC character:
Prothean

All are, as far as I'm aware, 'permanent' unless events of the past games (and ME3) cause otherwise.

Salvadora

- Ashley/Kaidan
- Vega
- Garrus
- Liara
- Tali
- Character spoiler:
EDI
- DLC character:
Prothean

All are, as far as I'm aware, 'permanent' unless events of the past games (and ME3) cause otherwise.

Tali and Garrus for me i guess. Wrex/Legion were art thou?

Bisnic

- Ashley/Kaidan
- Vega
- Garrus
- Liara
- Tali
- Character spoiler:
EDI
- DLC character:
Prothean

Can you imagine a ME3 run where both
Tali and Garrus died in ME2 and no Prothean DLC
? You'll be stuck with
2 humans, 1 alien and a robot
. Ugh.

Kem0sabe

- Ashley/Kaidan
- Vega
- Garrus
- Liara
- Tali
- Character spoiler:
EDI
- DLC character:
Prothean

Tali was nowhere to be seen in the ship no? If by the end of the game (as the reviewer was, the Normandy was this empty, then count me dissapointed, unless he fucked up so bad half the crew died during the playthrough

EatChildren

I could be wrong with that, by the way. I'm going off a leaked list of powers from a little while ago, which I assume is still accurate.

Tali and Garrus for me i guess. Wrex/Legion were art thou?

Both are in the game, either as temporary squadmates, or with pretty significant roles in the plot. I'm pretty sure BioWare said they wanted Legion to have a bigger role than in ME2.

Tali was nowhere to be seen in the ship no? If by the end of the game (as the reviewer was, the Normandy was this empty, then count me dissapointed, unless he fucked up so bad half the crew died during the playthrough

She's on the powers list along with all of the above, with full skill trees like Ashely/Kaiden, and the skill 'Quarian Machinist' like she has in all the games. She could be dead/busy/who knows depending on what that player did. I don't know, as I don't know how ME3 plays out, and don't want to.

Bisnic

I'm pretty sure BioWare said they wanted Legion to have a bigger role than in ME2.

I bet that whenever geths will show up, Legion won't be far behind. Especially if its the "good" ones.

Btw, i need that stupid addon that adds a spoiler button in GAF. What is it? Typing [ spoiler ] everytime sucks.

Bisnic

Wait, couldn't almost everyone die in ME2? How are they back if you sucked?

(I saved everyone)

I really have no idea how Bioware did it. I'll probably do a terrible ME2 run someday where only Shepard and 2 people survives who could have minor roles in ME3(like DLC characters Zaeed & Kasumi), just to see the differences in ME3.

inky

Me too. Elite.

Always laughed at people who couldn't figure out the very obvious choices for the different tasks.

Yet you killed Wrex, so your playthrough is ruined anyway.

In my playthrough I did everything, including every side mission for both games, visited and scanned every possible planet and saved everyone. Clearly my Shep >>>>>> everybody else's.

Jackpot

Banned
We already knew that going from ME2, as there is too much variety among who lives and who dies.

Except that Bioware marketed these choices as one of ME's major points, carrying them over from game to game. It's like how being able to legitimately kill Shepherd at the end of ME2 is now nothing more than a glorified Game Over screen.

Top Bottom