• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

Glad I preordered the CE.

I wasn't aware I had until I checked my GameStop Rewards account. Then I remember when I preordered the guy said "The CE will be limited. Why don't you preorder it now and if you don't want it you can later switch your preorder to a standard version".

For once i'm really glad I listened to the GameStop guy. The CE looks pretty nice.

Wiggum2007

I mean she really opens up to you after the cold bitch act at the initial stages of the game.

Yeah she does

rWL0g.jpg

Has there been any word about some sort of indicator system when a squad member or ship mate has new dialogue? Is Bioware really going to have us slog around the ship, through multiple load screens to check every single major character for the off-chance they have something new to say?

Has there been any word about some sort of indicator system when a squad member or ship mate has new dialogue? Is Bioware really going to have us slog around the ship and check every single major character for the off-chance they have something new to say?

That's part of the fun of it man. Having indicators is just way too much hand holding.

GSR

Has there been any word about some sort of indicator system when a squad member or ship mate has new dialogue? Is Bioware really going to have us slog around the ship, through multiple load screens to check every single major character for the off-chance they have something new to say?

I was weak and looked at part of the CVG video, and it looks like squad members send you emails.

No spoilers that I can see, but people still want this as a link, so: http://i.imgur.com/Lji9e.png

Salvadora

I did it compulsively.

McNum

Yea, Miranda's easily my favorite squadmate after Ashley. And not just for dat ass, I mean she really opens up to you after the cold bitch act at the initial stages of the game.
Having a loyal Miranda with you at the final boss gives my favorite optional scene in the game. I also prefer to use Jack for the Biotic Barrier part. She goes from total bitch to dependable squadmember like that.

That's the best part about ME2's ending... I don't have to see those characters ever again!

Now if only I could kill Chakwas without sacrificing the rest of the crew too :mad:

no, the best thing about the ME2 ending is getting rid of all those fuckers and Shepard having an expression of "totally not giving a fuck" on his face.

"we lost Garrus"
Nobody says anything
Next line, which is totally unconnected.

Really, that ending is hilarious.

Mordin's death with the second fire team is actually a great line though.
"tell them... I held the line". Keeping in mind that he previously thought not very much of the captain's 'Hold the line' thing (which you hear on Virmire).

Zertez

Im sorry, Im sure this has been asked already a few times, but I couldnt find any specific information. Have they said how much importing your character from ME1->ME2->ME3 will impact the story, game play and overall game yet? I played ME1/2 on the 360 and used the same Shepard with both games, but most the time I buy games for the PS3 now. Im curious how much I may miss out by not importing my old Shepard into the new game. Would be nice if they allowed you to import your saved character from the 360 to the PS3.

Vire

Im sorry, Im sure this has been asked already a few times, but I couldnt find any specific information. Have they said how much importing your character from ME1->ME2->ME3 will impact the story, game play and overall game yet? I played ME1/2 on the 360 and used the same Shepard with both games, but most the time I buy games for the PS3 now. Im curious how much I may miss out by not importing my old Shepard into the new game. Would be nice if they allowed you to import your saved character from the 360 to the PS3.

If you still have a 360, I would just stick with it.

Based off the demo it seems like the more stable version in terms of framerate and you already have your saves there.

But hey, your call.

Salvadora

If you still have a 360, I would just stick with it.

Based off the demo it seems like the more stable version in terms of framerate and you already have your saves there.

But hey, your call.
Do we know about PS3 performance in the final version? I don't want another Skyrim on my hands here.

Vire

Do we know about PS3 performance in the final version? I don't want another Skyrim on my hands here.

In the IGN "Review in Progress" they claim that the framerate is really poor in some sequences the opening portion of the game but improves as they went along.

I'm sure more in depth analysis will be coming shortly, but I'd imagine that the 360 version is the safest bet.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

The IGN reviewer is playing the PS3 version and according to him it starts out bad like the demo, but appears to improve as the game progresses. Wont know exactly how bad or good things are until Digital Foundry gets their hands on both copies and does a major comparison of the two platforms.

MrMephistoX

I think you'll be missing out on a lot if you don't at least play through ME2 on PS3. At least then you'll have the option to play through the motion comic for key decisions in ME1 and won't be stuck with whatever Bioware decides is the default for ME3.

Woorloog

Banned
Why would anyone want Jack back? One of the worst characters in the series.

Worst? Struggling not to agree. I don't like her. Even if her past is messed up i really cannot find any sympathy for her as i don't see even wanting (let's not even talk about trying) to change. She is rather one-dimensional... but some people are.
Her desing certainly isn't the worst. It is... well, maybe it is somewhat stereotypical psycho prisoner/criminal but i don't find it bad. Not a bit attractive though (though this is mostly due her personality, i don't find Miranda attractive at all either due her being such a cold bitch. Yeah, i look at personality first and then the body.)).
Ultimately i cannot find her a bad character, even though it would be easy to say so.
And i absolutely want to see her and all the others again. Why not? Changes even in character one doesn't like may be intersting.

If someone is the worst, it is Urdnot Wreav. Lame replacement for Wrex.

Just don't ask me who is the best...

rvy

Banned
Fuck, just got the ending spoiled to me. Watch out for Facebook, that's where the pics and vids where coming from.

Did you guys know on this very day 174 years into the future the Batarian homeworld is under attack? Comm bouys are nonoperational. Batarians off-world are blaming the Alliance.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Jack has the sexiest face. Dat jawline, big lips, eyes, nom nom.

rvy

Banned
Extra shitty. How'd it happen then?

My friends are assholes. Which is why they're my friends in the first place.
KuGsj.gif

Anyway, unlike anything Mass Effect related on Facebook, IIRC people were posting the ending on the wall of the game's official page.

Jack has the sexiest face. Dat jawline, big lips, eyes, nom nom.

Agreed. The lips and eyes are beautiful. The only thing (for me) missing was some nice hair, and now that she has some in ME3, she should be drop dead gorgeous. Glad I have a save ready where I romanced her.

Top Bottom