• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 "Review in Progress" by IGN: (Two New Videos)

Donos

I hope they make "Insanity" harder. I'm currently blazing again through ME2 with Infiltrator and it feels more than Normal/Hard. There are 2-3 difficult spots but overall it's just to easy for the hardest difficulty.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I hope they make "Insanity" harder. I'm currently blazing again through ME2 with Infiltrator and it feels more than Normal/Hard. There are 2-3 difficult spots but overall it's just to easy for the hardest difficulty.

From memory of my run through of getting all the Achievements/Trophies, the Infiltrator and Sentinal are the two classes they always suggest using for an easier time on Insanity.
Try using a different class? I hear the final boss is a pain in the ass with a vanguard, lol.

Donos

From memory of my run through of getting all the Achievements/Trophies, the Infiltrator and Sentinal are the two classes they always suggest using for an easier time on Insanity.
Try using a different class? I hear the final boss is a pain in the ass with a vanguard, lol.

Did first Insanity with soldier then with Adept and two times now with Infiltrator and yeah Infiltrator (with widowmaker) is the easiest but still Insanity is still more a "Hard" for me. But whatever, i'm not really complaining.
Demo of ME3 didn't give a me a "Yeeehaw, more ME" taste. And i don't know if the Action/Rpg/Racing Game options are going to turn out good.

Minamu

There's more scanning now? And fuel is still in? The Reapers in galaxies sound so stupid on paper :S I understand their presence must be felt for story purposes but wow :/ I'm sceptical once again.

Dany

Banned
Scanning seems more efficient. Are there minerals at all?

I mean, when you go on a planet to scan it, you will always have a pointer to lead you to the right direction.

It looks far less tedious, dunno what people are getting hung up about.

Kyoufu

There's more scanning now? And fuel is still in? The Reapers in galaxies sound so stupid on paper :S I understand their presence must be felt for story purposes but wow :/ I'm sceptical once again.

In ME2 a Collector ship destroyed Normandy and killed Shepard. In ME3 you can just fly away from multiple Reaper ships.

Hmm.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm sure someone will break it... i mean, posting story spoilers on the internet with the name "Derpme12" isn't going to tell Bioware or EA who they really are.

Unless there is something being NDAs that im not aware of. Like ninjas.

i-Lo

I'm sure someone will break it... i mean, posting story spoilers on the internet with the name "Derpme12" isn't going to tell Bioware or EA who they really are.

Unless there is something being NDAs that im not aware of. Like ninjas.

At least sticking to gaf alone for news and other opinion related threads drastically mitigates the chances of having it spoiled.

topramen

whatever happened with that leaked storyline?

Did it turn out to be true? Did they change it?

I avoided it like the plague, so I never really saw how it was resolved

DTKT

It seems that it was mostly true. Minor changes with the updated one but the big stuff was the same.

Wiggum2007

From what I heard, the first leak was very much a rough draft, but I guess there was a second leak shortly thereafter that was much closer to the final game? But I never actually read through the leaks so take that with a grain of salt.

NBooger

Banned
Does Mass Effect 3 have a co-op single player campaign, or is the co-op feature reserved only for bonus modes (ala Red Dead Redemption)?

DTKT

Does Mass Effect 3 have a co-op single player campaign, or is the co-op feature reserved only for bonus modes (ala Red Dead Redemption)?

The coop is a wave based mode separate from the SP content. There are no links between the two modes. There is no PVP.

It's the Horde mode from the Gears series with less options.

You know what they should have done instead of scanning?

Kingdom Hearts 2 gummi ship missions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5FfH_lka_8

Imagine going through star clusters and galaxies on the Normandy. Fighting off rogue geth and pirate ships while dodging debris/rocks and collecting minerals along the way.

This is the exact reason why I never finished Kingdom Hearts 2... Got so obsessed with making my gummi ship and doing these missions that I never got around to playing the real game...(loved the combat tho)

This is the exact reason why I never finished Kingdom Hearts 2... Got so obsessed with making my gummi ship and doing these missions that I never got around to playing the real game...(loved the combat tho)

They really outdid themselves with the gummi ship in KH2, I hated in KH but LOVED it in 2.

Ugh the wait for ME3 is killing me, definitely my most anticipated game for the year. I just hope we don't have to play the online mode to not have a horrible ending in single player as I don't have live anymore.

They really outdid themselves with the gummi ship in KH2, I hated in KH but LOVED it in 2.

Ugh the wait for ME3 is killing me, definitely my most anticipated game for the year. I just hope we don't have to play the online mode to not have a horrible ending in single player as I don't have live anymore.

They've made it clear that you won't, but I hope you like mass effect side quests
I can't tell, my OCD compels me to complete them either way!

Guys, "to get there faster" isn't a valid reason for why they didn't just fly before. They have been trying to get back to the Milky Way since the Rachni wars.

Dany

Banned
Guys, "to get there faster" isn't a valid reason for why they didn't just fly before. They have been trying to get back to the Milky Way since the Rachni wars.

Reapers take down the citadel, they control the relays and they can wipe each star system out individually. That is the plan. Shepard screwed that plan up so they are kind of forced to just get their without the relays

Idk Colin tend to like scoring GOTY stuff 9.0.

It's odd reading this yay bioware preview after trudging through the less than favorable bioware thread of today :/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You know, its kinda ironic.

People said that ME2 should not have removed the shitty parts of ME1, but instead improve them.

Now ME3 improves the shitty parts of ME2(more ways to get fuel and a less annoying scanner) and people wanted them remove instead.

After playing the abysmal demo, I'm not even sure I want to play ME3, and I loved the first 2! Such a mess.

I dunno, I kind of agree, based on the single-player portions, but I just think that Mass Effect is a series that doesn't convey its strengths very well in a demo.

The level-up system is janky since you aren't actually progressing, so much as having some points thrown at you in the second half of the demo. The story feels disconnected since you're being thrown into it without much of a lead-in (again, in the second half). The combat feels different and you don't have the opportunity to slowly adapt like you would playing the full game.

The multiplayer portion hyped me up more than the single-player demo did. It at least was able to show how combat can be mixed up and made more interesting than in ME1 and 2.

They've made it clear that you won't, but I hope you like mass effect side quests
I can't tell, my OCD compels me to complete them either way!
No qualms here. Anything to lengthen the game, I know I'm not gonna want it to end.

Same here. These are the longest 8 days I've felt in a while, damn it.
I've got a vita, school, and some rpgs to play but nothing is going to ease the pain of waiting:(

I really hope they added a quest for the serial killer we "helped" escape from the prison. As well as some Shepard background side quests.

DTKT

You know, its kinda ironic.

People said that ME2 should not have removed the shitty parts of ME1, but instead improve them.

Now ME3 improves the shitty parts of ME2(more ways to get fuel and a less annoying scanner) and people wanted them remove instead.

I don't think that's still enough. We'll see when the game comes out but I believe that it will still be an annoying mechanic.

Wiggum2007

Because control of the Citadel allows them to catch the galaxy by surprise, shut down the mass relays, access the galaxy's records, census data and information, completely isolate and systematically wipe out every race without anyone knowing what is going on. It wasn't just "to get there faster".

CrazyDude

Because control of the Citadel allows them to catch the galaxy by surprise, shut down the mass relays, access the galaxy's records, census data and information, completely isolate and systematically wipe out every race without anyone knowing what is going on. It wasn't just "to get there faster".

Plus, the species can't mount a resistance. If the Reapers can turn on and turn off individual mass relays, then they can just wipe out each system one at a time without the the species being able to join forces and mount a resistance.

Wiggum2007

Plus, the species can't mount a resistance. If the Reapers can turn on and turn off individual mass relays, then they can just wipe out each system one at a time without the the species being able to join forces and mount a resistance.

Yup, or even communicate with each other. I have plenty problems with the course the story took after ME1, but people always bring up the Reaper arrival at the end of ME2/beginning of ME3 as a plothole when it's not the case.

Vamphuntr

Yup, or even communicate with each other. I have plenty problems with the course the story took after ME1, but people always bring up the Reaper arrival at the end of ME2/beginning of ME3 as a plothole when it's not the case.

Indeed. The only issue related to the arrival of the reapers is the fact that their human baby reapers was pointless. It took all that time and ressources to create *one* while their army was already close to our system anyway. That's not even taking into account how only one reaper was beaten by the Citadel and Alliance forces.

Top Bottom