• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

Namikaze1

Spent way too much time trying to make a Hispanic looking male Ryder. Got to the customize twin option and said fuck it. Left Sara as is. I just wanna play the game now.

Wallach

Put like 6.5 hours into it in one sitting. Quite enjoying it so far.

Wound up going Technician rather than Leader for training, though it doesn't seem too meaningful in this game compared to old class choices. Not sure I'm a huge fan of the 3 power slots & favorites system. Feels like I'd probably be enjoying myself more with 5 slots and no favorites, and just require profile swaps to get different power sets.

Tech in general looks like it will really be able to spam the shit outta powers later. Haven't looked at biotics to see if it is the same way. Wonder if it will even be worth putting points in weapon skills instead of just getting deep into the tech trees faster.

valkyre

2 questions if I may:

1) Is HUD customizable, possible to remove it in any way?

2) Does the game have missable trophies achievements? (other than difficulty)

cripterion

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
Apologies for the confusion. We are following UK release date on our products. Pre-order keys are delivered a day before the official release date. Moreover, we'll send notifications via email once the product keys are available.
Kind Regards,

After me inquiring about Andromeda situation to cdkeys.

I check back the link included in the original mail of purchase 5 minutes later and the code is there...

giphy.gif

so where did this go?

D9LVEoC.png

They don't need, the reworked launch trailer with the Krogan headbutt is the much better imo.

Rocketz

Wasn't going to play this for a while but my friend ended up pre-ordering it and it showed up on my Xbox last night so I guess I'll be playing some tonight

Taker34

Banned
I know this is a weird question but does someone already have both the EU and US version on PS4? Are savegame files compatible without any regional restrictions?

Played a little multiplayer and a little singleplayer last night. I'm rather enjoying everything, and definitely looking forward to more. Though I may need to actually get some sleep instead tonight.

Definitely need a solid team for multiplayer... there was no communication and people were running around everywhere, and even on Bronze that is basically a deathwish. So looking forward to getting a solid team to run with on the Xbone. My only real complaint so far is how a bunch of the human characters for multiplayer don't have helmets... I really really want the damn helmets back. It is a stupid quibble, but when they were the helmets I'm free to make up what they look like underneath. Currently, my engineer looks like a douche from a Rom Com and it is killing me. At least let me toggle them!

Is the multiplayer offline for anyone else? I can't even go online in game i just get network connection error but my internet is fine and my xbox says everything's good there.

JMY86

I really wanted to like Cora but it is not going well so far. I'm pretty sure she literally cannot make it through one conversation without talking about how awesome of a biotic she is.

Cora is my girl we make beautiful biotic combo music together. I think the parts you are talking are more about setting her story up, but it could be presented better. I thought I was going to hate Peebee but she is super cute and is really growing in me. Liam on the other hand is turning into my Prompto for this game I want to kick him off the first cliff I see but it is early still...

This game is going to steal all my time.

Running on 2 hours of sleep and all I can think about is getting back home to play the game. Really liking the game so far.

Really feel like people had it out for Bioware or EA, because despite its flaws the game is fun and the combat is awesome. Love playing as an adept biotic. Story wise, I'm really interested in seeing where it goes.

Morzak

Man if it wasn't for the fact that I absolutely love space opera settings, I would probably not bother.
The Menus are utter shit, really that stuff makes ME1 look good. The Transition between planets takes way to long, I really want to know how this got through playtesting and anyone thought that was ok. Dialogue can be good, but there is a lot of shitty content here. The Storytelling overall rubs me the wrong way, I really wish that Bioware would get away from that chosen one stuff.
I really like some of the dialogue and atmosphere, the combat is really fun, but I really wish that I could control the squadmates powers, it really bugs me as a biotic. I hope they can patch some jank away, but I think the game will forever be very flawed.

This game is going to steal all my time.

Running on 2 hours of sleep and all I can think about is getting back home to play the game. Really liking the game so far.

Really feel like people had it out for Bioware or EA, because despite its flaws the game is fun and the combat is awesome. Love playing as an adept biotic. Story wise, I'm really interested in seeing where it goes.

Agreed on all points.

On the last point, I think alot of people were expecting improved witcher 3 graphics & quest structure but in the mass effect universe. But when they found out they weren't, they decided to pile onto the game & developers for it...which is very unfortunate.

With the little time I played last night, I started to get into it and really wanted to venture into the the first world (very beginning) but bed was calling....Lol, now I'm regretting not bringing my laptop so I can play a bit before work.

Agreed on all points.

On the last point, I think alot of people were expecting improved witcher 3 graphics & quest structure but in the mass effect universe. But when they found out they weren't, they decided to pile onto the game & developers for it...which is very unfortunate.

With the little time I played last night, I started to get into it and really wanted to venture into the the first world (very beginning) but bed was calling....Lol, now I'm regretting not bringing my laptop so I can play a bit before work.

It would help if bioware didn't say they learned from the witcher in terms of quest structure. But they did.

https://www.videogamer.com/news/bio...cher-3-for-mass-effect-andromedas-side-quests

I usually play ME games on hard at least, but that was on PC with kb+m. But now that I'm playing the PS4 version, I'm not really sure. I'm bad at aiming with a controller.

If I can change difficulty anytime, I guess I'll start with hard and see how things go.

I started on normal and the game feels BRUTAL :D instakilled if i go near enemies. The game really emphasises the old stop'n'pop cover based shooting. And you often face 10 enemies or more from all directions.

Doesnt help that the teammembers cant be commanded anymore. Just gotta wish they pull their weight.

It would help if bioware didn't say they learned from the witcher in terms of quest structure. But they did.

They said that? Hmm, interesting.

Edit: meant more about the graphics & animations but that little tidbit was interesting. However, didn't get into the game to give an opinion of the quests.

Agreed on all points.

Ehhh...

Most are hoping for excellent graphics and a decent story. Hell, even when all the animation fiasco happened, and clips are released on the net, many stated they'd wait for a sale or a fix before getting it.

A lot of people still want to play it. I do too (which is why i keep coming to the OT and read the impressions) so as long as things improved, there'll be a bit of a surge later in sales.

FatalT

Banned
Im buying this for the multiplayer hope i wont regret it. I loved ME3 co-op.

YOU ARE GOING TO REGRET IT

They said that? Hmm, interesting.

Damn right you're gonna regret it. Okay after seeing "Andromeda Point,s" "Mission Points," and one other points I can't even try to defend this multiplayer micro transaction fest anymore. What the fuck? EA, pay us money more money to enjoy multiplayer! It's worse than Activision and Call of Duty.

finlaybob

Neo Member
Just now managed to get my UK key from cdkeys by clicking the receipt email! If you are still waiting try this - I did NOT get an email from them to say it was available.

Anyone know if when redeeming a key, you get to keep your progress? Or does Origin become enraged you didn't buy it from EA and clear your saves?!

Damn right you're gonna regret it. Okay after seeing "Andromeda Point,s" "Mission Points," and one other points I can't even try to defend this multiplayer micro transaction fest anymore. What the fuck? EA, pay us money more money to enjoy multiplayer! It's worse than Activision and Call of Duty.

I never bothered playing MP on ME 3. However, I might dab into MP in ME: A but I'm more a single player when it comes to the ME series.

I have no idea what you're on about. It's the same system from ME3. Perfectly reasonable game currency prices for packs.

Vengal

Mission points are related to multiplayer? Thought it was just for squads.

Vengal

You can either send squads to do them, or do them yourself in multiplayer.

I know but what do mission points have to do with multiplayer. They're just a slow currency to level up your squads or are you saying you can by them for $$ which seems like a silly thing to do.

I know but what do mission points have to do with multiplayer. They're just a slow currency to level up your squads or are you saying you can by them for $$ which seems like a silly thing to do.

You can use them to buy items in the shop. I believe they've said they're going to rotate in equipment and weapons and things too, so if you haven't gotten something in the blind boxes you'll be able to use mission points.

Don't believe there's any way to use real money to get them.

Have you even played the multiplayer?

Because it is the same as ME3. Just they have the added thing of the mission points which you can use for the completely optional Strike Teams. Which I think are a fun little addition.

finlaybob

Neo Member
Yes UK pc.

Yes VPN to unlock

just seen post above..........enjoy and you keep your save

Ah thanks! All good then! Saying that I'm not 100% happy with my Ryder so I might restart anyway. Although I don't really want to have to do parts again!

Unfortunately I need to work till about 4:30PM.. It's something to look forward to though!

oneils

Mission points can also be used for items like ammo packs, revive kits, RPGs, and equipment to be used in multiplayer. They are not just for strike teams. Afaik you can't buy them with real money.

Andromeda points can be used for packs and are bought with real money.

tbm24

Anyone playing on PS4 pro with a 4K tv, is it worth it? I've been debating whether or not I should play on my 4K tv which doesn't have HDR than my monitor at 1080p supposed better visuals. Won't be able to check either option out until I get home tonight and pop the game in.

Played 2 hours last night. Got to the nexus and went to sleep. Besides the haunting eyes I'm enjoying it so far. The jump jet is really fun. Also I was shocked at how far you can biotic charge in this game. Hit some dude from across the map.

Kyoufu

Im buying this for the multiplayer hope i wont regret it. I loved ME3 co-op.

Don't do it.

I'm already sick of the multiplayer. It's nowhere near as fun as it was in ME3. Enemy encounters, character movement and controls are all off in this game. The only positive thing I can say about it is the removal of global cooldown, but that's it. It's such s janky experience that I can't stomach it anymore.

CSJ

Don't do it.

I'm already sick of the multiplayer. It's nowhere near as fun as it was in ME3. Enemy encounters, character movement and controls are all off in this game. The only positive thing I can say about it is the removal of global cooldown, but that's it. It's such s janky experience that I can't stomach it anymore.

That and I personally hate that it's based around boxes, boxes and more boxes, unlock shit! level up! Eugh.

😵 I'm running on 2 hours of sleep due to playing it till 4AM this morning even though I needed to be up by 6AM. I still can't wait to get back home and continue to play. I'm already addicted to the Multiplayer!! I love the added mobility and playing as Vanguard.

So I've been seeing more and more squadmate intersections on YouTube, and it seems that I'm going to have a lot of fun watching these goofballs ha g out with each other. Looking forward to Thursday when MEA releases in Australia

That and I personally hate that it's based around boxes, boxes and more boxes, unlock shit! level up! Eugh.
People need the grind. Titanfall 1 had the best gameplay but little grind, and so people left to games with grind. Its a weird psychological need to feel progress, expecially since real world has so many barriers.

Top Bottom