• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda PAX Livestream

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
The amount of slowed down gifs to make this game look worse is really strange. Why are so many people personally offended by the possibility of it being good?

I think some people are still salty over ME3.

Personally, I got over it after Bioware mostly expanded and fixed the ending and especially the post game content like Leviathan. I know people will argue that some of it should have been a part of the base game, especially the very important Prothean character and I agree with it.

But at least all said and done ME3 ended up an awesome package with some glaring shortcomings but a fitting conclusion to the trilogy.

I am hyped for Andromeda. Already pre ordered.

I hope this gets patched, but it was worth it for this comic.

tumblr_omntcyMzqm1sjwjvso1_1280.png

Allanah from IGN played the game recently and said it was buggy as fuck and brought fresh memories of Ass Creed Unity.

That would mean a technical disaster but I hope that she played an old build and the Bioware team have been squashing bugs as much as possible.

pahamrick

OléGunner;232033185 said:
Allanah from IGN played the game recently and said it was buggy as fuck and brought fresh memories of Ass Creed Unity.

That would mean a technical disaster but I hope that she played an old build and the Bioware team have been squashing bugs as much as possible.

Going by the patch notes history on PS4, they've at least been working on it.

Code:
Improvements to Strike Teams UI Screens
Additional multiplayer tutorials implemented
Balance: guns, loot drops, reward packs, objectives scoring
Improved appearance of character portraits
Adds New artwork for MP characters, armor, challenges in menus and codex entries
Improvements to many cinematics, conversations, and other character interactions
Improvements to quest tracking and waypoints
Improved quest rewards
Fixes various collision issues and a few rare audio issues
Performance improvements

Quest balancing
Various bug fixes and stability improvements

J_Viper

The amount of slowed down gifs to make this game look worse is really strange. Why are so many people personally offended by the possibility of it being good?

You can have hope for the game to turn out great, while also laughing at how terrible these animations are

Blind fanboyism does favors for no one

Code:
Adds New artwork for MP characters, armor, challenges in menus and codex entries
Improvements to many cinematics, conversations, and other character interactions
Improved quest rewards
Performance improvements

Quest balancing

Ok that's at least quite encouraging!
Unity also had massive patches right after release that barely fixed anything but I'm giving Bioware benefit of the doubt.

Lt-47

OléGunner;232033863 said:
Ok that's at least quite encouraging!
Unity also had massive patches right after release that barely fixed anything but I'm giving Bioware benefit of the doubt.

You shouldn't expect a flawless experience at launch. Big rpg always release with a ton of bugs, not even CD projekt managed a smooth launch.

You shouldn't expect a flawless experience at launch. Big rpg always release with a ton of bugs, not even CD projekt managed a smooth launch.

Horizon has drastically spoiled me on that front :p
It's really well polished!

And yeah bugs are a given for a massive RPG like this but the worst case scenario as I explained above is what I'm hoping we avoid.

Jarmel

Banned
OléGunner;232033185 said:

Code:
Improved quest rewards
Performance improvements

Quest balancing

EA:"We're willing to delay the game if it needs the extra time." syke motherfuckers

Peroroncino

Offended? lol

Personally I hope this game's gonna be good, but I'm not gonna pretend the animation and mo-cap doesn't suck.

Horizon has basically zero bugs. No open-world jank, no RPG jank either.

lol what? Don't do this man. I could post an example from Horizon right now that shows some serious jank that to me is more immersion breaking that ME stuff but then this will turn into a back and forth that would just go nowhere.

Every game, let alone big RPG's, has it's flaws somewhere. No need to deny it or try to hide it. Doesn't mean you can't enjoy what is there as a whole though.

You can have hope for the game to turn out great, while also laughing at how terrible these animations are

Blind fanboyism does favors for no one
Neither does blind hate. The focus of Andromeda threads have been consistently the flaws, however small they may be, that people notice after going through frame-by-frame analysis of the released footage.
It has become rather tiresome, some threads were basically circle-jerks of "lulz look at this jank animation".

Code:
Improved quest rewards
Performance improvements

Quest balancing

That's good. Is there any information on the size of the patch?

AU Tiger

Was checking the Andromeda initiative briefing videos to get more info on the game (and get myself immersed prior to launch). It's really well done and explains quite a few things about the voyage, how it is possible, etc..
Reading the codex will be a pleasure in the game cause they seem to have put effort into the background and well they do still have a pre-established lore to back them up. On the other hand some things still look poor like character models, I mean these are supposed to be important NPC's : they are the Nexus leadership and look at them

Director of Colonial Affairs: Foster Addison
large.img.jpg

Nexus Security: Sloane Kelly
large.img.jpg

Are these placeholders or they'll actually be the actual NPC's we have to deal with?
I really hope the game will be in some ways moddable on pc cause some of these things are really dragging down the game for me.

Meanwhile, just a random ass non-quest giving NPC guard in Horizon...

I've been truly spoiled by this game.

Top Bottom