• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda PAX Livestream

Yeah, except its all close-range. Annihilation Field in ME3 primes close-range targets, and there was an option that allowed it to weaken them as a Warp field would, I think.

Don't know if there's a similar upgrade for Annihilation in Andromeda though.

I think it's 6B evolution that has shield drain + double duration to 90 seconds.

GavinUK86

giphy.gif

Sai

Biotics as an MP playstyle seems quite diminished compared to ME3. No warp/throw, singularity/warp, pull or bubble/reave combos are there. The only detonator for the adept is shockwave--a notoriously buggy and hard to use detonator in a peer to peer environment. The other main biotic has a pull/throw combo but, seriously these biotics are weak sauce compared to ME3.
  • Pull
  • Throw
  • Charge
  • Nova
  • Shockwave
  • Annihilation
  • Backlash
  • Singularity
  • Lance
  • Barrier
  • Containment
Potential primers are in bold, detonaters highlighted. I'm assuming Containment is Stasis, or something similar to it. Shockwave may have been inconsistent, not so much with Throw, and Lance seems to be hitscan.

Things may have changed in the way you approach shielded and armored targets, but there are still plenty of options for combos... Unless you're talking about a multiplayer Adept I haven't seen yet?

Corsick

I didn't see this live, but moments like that would give some real charm and life to the characters. I actually like Liam a bit more already. Also, the launch trailer was better than I thought it'd be based off the comments. Really my only remaining gripes are some of the animations and the hair textures looking like DA:I's.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
yeah Liam seems pretty all right

also love the look of his Loyalty mission level

dEvAnGeL

i just finished listening to podcast beyond and Alanah Pearce who played a preview of the game said this "game is buggy as hell, aside from assassins creed unity is the single buggiest game ive ever previewed", jesus, that's not good o_O

Renekton

i just finished listening to podcast beyond and Alanah Pearce who played a preview of the game said this "game is buggy as hell, aside from assassins creed unity is the single buggiest game ive ever previewed", jesus, that's not good o_O
Yup don't preorder or day-one unless you're a hardcore fan.

Ryzaki009

Ugh.

Well that'll be fun to deal with. I hope the ctds are minimal >_<

Liam's definitely going to be a bro I bring with me everywhere.

That build was pre-patch. They've since squashed thousands of bugs. There's a 2GB day one patch that addresses most of the issues.

but she did preview it contrary to Unity which was too buggy for her.

Hopefully it won't be too bad. I was able to still enjoy Unity

Kneecap

• Pull
  • Throw
  • Charge
  • Nova
  • Shockwave
  • Annihilation
  • Backlash
  • Singularity
  • Lance
  • Barrier
  • Containment
Potential primers are in bold, detonaters highlighted. I'm assuming Containment is Stasis, or something similar to it. Shockwave may have been inconsistent, not so much with Throw, and Lance seems to be hitscan.

Things may have changed in the way you approach shielded and armored targets, but there are still plenty of options for combos... Unless you're talking about a multiplayer Adept I haven't seen yet?

Of course I haven't seen the powers for all the MP classes and a better primer/detonator loadout class may yet appear (and remember that the, e.g. asari justicar reave/bubble combo was a free ME3 post release DLC), but what the reddit googledocs info reveals is a weak MP biotics lineup.

Also, the list above shows a very weak biotics playstyle. Three potential primers, one of which is a pbaoe with a small radius and a negative effect on power cool downs. They seem to moving more toward the biotics as a space magic fireball playsyle. Biotics and combos work best (and sometimes only work at all) on unarmored, unshielded targets. That was a problem in ME2. If i have to use a gun to take down your shields or armor before I can use biotics, why don't I just finish you off (more quickly even) with that gun?

Oops. Just saw that i missed "pull" in the list. That power does help the lineup, but again it only works on unshielded, unarmored targets.

Kin5290

I was watching the stream of Liam's loyalty mission. I know that it's been said before, but good lord, those facial animations are awful. Bradley's is particularly dire.

That said, Cora has some pretty solid VA and what looks like the workings of a developed personality, and the core shooting looks pretty good once you get past the jank.

Hakkesshu

o3LdxGI.jpg

t3_5yq7x1.png

Look at the two guns.

Look at them again.

If you still aren't sure what's happening.

Pellesaria B'Sayle is holding her gun backwards.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?

To be fair, it is possible that it's just an odd looking pistol....but going off of the no muzzle and such, I'm inclined to agree with your assessment.

That being said, while I did notice something slightly odd, I didn't full-on notice on the first view.

Astrates

o3LdxGI.jpg

t3_5yq7x1.png

Look at the two guns.

Look at them again.

Looks to me she is symbolically handing her pistol to Ryder. Perhaps this is where you meet her and she signs up to join you.

Staf

That build was pre-patch. They've since squashed thousands of bugs. There's a 2GB day one patch that addresses most of the issues.

Unity had a large day one patch as well so... Yeah...

As usual, don't pre-order games and wait for impressions from the day one patch that "fixes" all the issues.

They should put Mass Effect 1-3 companions in limited edition loot boxes for multiplayer they'd get so much money the bank would crash.

vivekTO

Hey guys, Just need to ask one thing , i may have overlooked. Are there no Turians in the game. will Garrus return or be a squad mate??

Hey guys, Just need to ask one thing , i may have overlooked. Are there no Turians in the game. will Garrus return or be a squad mate??

Turians are in the game and you have one as a squadmate (Vetra). Garrus won't be, since this takes place 600 years after the trilogy and is set in a different galaxy.

Spinx

What?? Did he died in ME3 , (I am forgetting the Game , that's why i started a new playthrough just two days ago)

Or In between 3 and Andromeda??

The game takes place in the Andromeda galaxy. The trip takes 634 years. They start traveling two years before mass effect 3.

vivekTO

Turians are in the game and you have one as a squadmate (Vetra). Garrus won't be, since this takes place 600 years after the trilogy and is set in a different galaxy.

Ah , why i am thinking like the ME 3 just happened twenty years before ME:A, maybe its because i am replaying the old games and want to keep intact my old squadmates.

Foolish of me, Thanks for helping out.

The game takes place in the Andromeda galaxy. The trip takes 634 years. They start traveling two years before mass effect 3.

Brain fart here on my end. Thanks for clearing up!!

Ah , why i am thinking like the ME 3 just happened twenty years before ME:A, maybe its because i am replaying the old games and want to keep intact my old squadmates.

Foolish of me, Thanks for helping out.

Brain fart here on my end. Thanks for clearing up!!

On the plus side Liara is probably a Matriarch by now nearing 800 years.

Top Bottom