• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition launching on May 14

DJTaurus

D63-FC93-B-86-BF-47-B6-8610-B669-A7-D3-A7-AC.png

Sygma

There is, and it’s awesome. I don’t care what pc players say, I only played these games on my 360 and this remaster looks awesome in 4K HDR. I liked the comparison videos but they did no justice to the game. Seriously, I think it looks amazing.

And I realized that the codex narrator is the same guy that narrated Doom 3’s UAC videos?

bought the legendary edition and ME 1 plays / looks way better than the modded versions. HDR tonemap is awesome too.

Last edited:
If you pay full price for this you are everything that is wrong with gamers, it's a shitty low effort PC port, you can get MUCH better results with the PC version which came out yonks ago. Literally console users get ripped the fuck off and just accept it, no wonder EA treats you guys like sheep like children.
That's some Era type antagonizing over what u perceive as a rip-off. I didn't play it modded on PC so I am very happy with what they did and I imagine a lot of people are as well. So stfu and let people enjoy what they want. If u can't... there is a forum for like-minded people. Why don't u hop over there if u can't accept that.

Last edited:

Corgi1985

Banned
If you pay full price for this you are everything that is wrong with gamers, it's a shitty low effort PC port, you can get MUCH better results with the PC version which came out yonks ago. Literally console users get ripped the fuck off and just accept it, no wonder EA treats you guys like sheep like children.
I wasn't going to buy this but i will now out of spite for this shit comment

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Take this opinion and shove it up your butt. This is a great set and had a lot of work put into it. Over a 100 hour of content. If you want it dirt cheap buy the dirt cheap old PC versions.

Huh? The combat/gameplay (and other) updates to ME1 seem pretty significant to me. Native controller support alone makes it worth it, that mod sucks, so... 🤷‍♂️

NullZ3r0

Banned
$60?

No way in hell am I paying $60 for old games with a spit shine. If this was a full remake a la Demon Souls, then maybe. But hell no for games I've already beaten multiple times.

ManaByte

$60?

No way in hell am I paying $60 for old games with a spit shine. If this was a full remake a la Demon Souls, then maybe. But hell no for games I've already beaten multiple times.

They changed how ME1 plays so it's closer to the other two games. It's not just an uprez.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member

Yikes...is your Era account banned at the moment? Worst take in the thread by far. :poop: :poop:

Hugare

Wait what is real where did you see that faceoff? I’ve been holding off on buying it until a faceoff was out.
The game runs on BC

So its not optimized for PS5's SSD.

It loads just like the PS4 Pro.

This is the ElAnalistadeBits video

Seeing some posts here, I dont know if people pretend to be this dumb or they simply is (not talking about you, Fredrik)

So many people comparing it to the Saints Row remake, Demons Souls remake ...

Some other saying that the original from looks better on PC (probably havent played it since 2007)

Some really embarassing stuff

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Wait what is real where did you see that faceoff? I’ve been holding off on buying it until a faceoff was out.

I watched it, claims the loading times are better on Xbox, holds framerate in quality mode better on Xbox, has double the framerate in performance mode on Xbox and doesn't have graphical glitches on Xbox.
We'll see if VGtech and DF say the same.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game runs on BC

So its not optimized for PS5's SSD.

It loads just like the PS4 Pro.

This is the ElAnalistadeBits video

Seeing some posts here, I dont know if people pretend to be this dumb or they simply is (not talking about you, Fredrik)

So many people comparing it to the Saints Row remake, Demons Souls remake ...

Some other saying that the original from looks better on PC (probably havent played it since 2007)

Some really embarassing stuff
and it's full price... that's really embarrassing

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's a beloved series with improved visual, audible, and gameplay elements. I don't know why people would complain about this but welcome to the internet. It feels like a love letter to gamers but maybe I'm just a rube. If I am, I am happy as a clam in my ignorance and gullibility.

Troy.

Be sure to watch the Director's Cut.

Achilles storming the beach is worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
What 3 games remastered collection offered a better deal?

Honest question
Uncharted trilogy was at least better remastered and cheaper.
I love ME games. Some of my favs but this is just too expensive for little effort and butchered miranda

kyussman

Damn,the start of ME1 is still so hype...played through Eden Prime and just arrived at the Citadel...looks really nice,and all the tweaks to the gameplay are noticeable although it's still obviously not on a par with the other games.
Certainly does not feel like a lazy effort.....and this is on a base PS4 and a 1080p TV.

makaveli60

I totally get the EA and Bioware hate but people calling this collection lazy are disingenious. I just finished Eden Prime and the game looks (insane improvement on character models) and plays awesome. It’s much better than your regular remaster and is not just a lazy cashgrab. Time to learn the difference between “remaster” and “remake”.

Last edited:

Banned
What 3 games remastered collection offered a better deal?

Honest question

Halo MCC

Halo 1, complete graphics remake (controversial style choices), 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*
Halo 2, complete graphics remake (better in every way), 60/120fps FOV slider, better controls*
Halo 3, 4K, 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*, enhanced Forge Level Editor
Halo 4, 4K, 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*
Halo 3 ODST, 4K, 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*
Halo Reach... you get the jist.

*there is an option for "modern" aiming controls, which enhances controller aiming and homogenizes the aiming across the games in the collection

also a completely new multiplayer game called Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer. yes the name can be misleading. this is not a remaster of the Halo 2 MP, it is a completely new Halo MP only game basically, based on an enhanced Halo 4 engine and has a completely new weapon balancing, new features and remade versions of Halo 2 maps.

yes it launched broken as fuck, but still.

and now they started adding "Seasons", a free battlepass like unlock system that gives you completely new customization stuff like new weapon skins, new armor pieces etc. all completely free. they even added a completely new map to Halo 3, which another one to follow soon

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Halo MCC

Halo 1, complete graphics remake (controversial style choices), 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*
Halo 2, complete graphics remake (better in every way), 60/120fps FOV slider, better controls*
Halo 3, 4K, 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*, enhanced Forge Level Editor
Halo 4, 4K, 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*
Halo 3 ODST, 4K, 60/120fps, FOV slider, better controls*
Halo Reach... you get the jist.

*there is an option for "modern" aiming controls, which enhances controller aiming and homogenizes the aiming across the games in the collection

also a completely new multiplayer game called Halo 2 Anniversary Multiplayer. yes the name can be misleading. this is not a remaster of the Halo 2 MP, it is a completely new Halo MP only game basically, based on an enhanced Halo 4 engine and has a completely new weapon balancing, new features and remade versions of Halo 2 maps.

yes it launched broken as fuck, but still.

and now they started adding "Seasons", a free battlepass like unlock system that gives you completely new customization stuff like new weapon skins, new armor pieces etc. all completely free. they even added a completely new map to Halo 3, which another one to follow soon
And those are completely different games from Mass Effect. Not comparable.

Banned
And those are completely different games from Mass Effect. Not comparable.

yeah they're better :) and there's literally twice as many of them + a completely newly developed MP only game based roughly on Halo 2 MP... roughly as in only the Maps are really Halo 2, but it doesn't play at all like it and even the weapon balancing is completely new (which is good, Halo 2's weapons were weirdly balanced)

Last edited:

Jack Videogames

Gold Member
I was going to buy it even after the changes to the camera but if it's true that they removed content because muh feelings I'll pass. Waiting with bated breath and my credit card in hand tho.

Top Bottom