• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition launching on May 14

BadBurger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2019
It's happening baby. For a while there I was afraid Valve/Steam goofed up and wasn't going to get the pre-load going.

hollams

Dec 12, 2007
will the save data stay good while your account is dormant?

also will this be on gamepass thanks to the ea/ms deal?
The only issue I've had with save games doing this is that you get the ultimate edition of the game with Pro so if you buy a lesser version then the save game may not carry over. Since this game doesn't have different versions that shouldn't be an issue.

Eventually most Pro games do come to the Basic service but not sure how long that usually takes.

I don't plan to play through it multiple times right away so no real reason to purchase it at full price and as a bonus get to try Biomutant as well.

T-Cake

May 28, 2019
My only gripe so far is the change of subtitle text. I really loved the original curved letter style of Mass Effect 1 (which they scrapped in 2 and 3) and now it's gone from ME1, too. I guess it might be for accessibility reasons to have text in a clearer typeface.