• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Legendary Edition launching on May 14

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
It's happening baby. For a while there I was afraid Valve/Steam goofed up and wasn't going to get the pre-load going.

jJ0mbkt.png

hollams

Gold Member
will the save data stay good while your account is dormant?

also will this be on gamepass thanks to the ea/ms deal?
The only issue I've had with save games doing this is that you get the ultimate edition of the game with Pro so if you buy a lesser version then the save game may not carry over. Since this game doesn't have different versions that shouldn't be an issue.

Eventually most Pro games do come to the Basic service but not sure how long that usually takes.

I don't plan to play through it multiple times right away so no real reason to purchase it at full price and as a bonus get to try Biomutant as well.

T-Cake

My only gripe so far is the change of subtitle text. I really loved the original curved letter style of Mass Effect 1 (which they scrapped in 2 and 3) and now it's gone from ME1, too. I guess it might be for accessibility reasons to have text in a clearer typeface.

Tsugumo

Banned
If you pay full price for this you are everything that is wrong with gamers, it's a shitty low effort PC port, you can get MUCH better results with the PC version which came out yonks ago. Literally console users get ripped the fuck off and just accept it, no wonder EA treats you guys like sheep like children.

Lone Wolf

If you pay full price for this you are everything that is wrong with gamers, it's a shitty low effort PC port, you can get MUCH better results with the PC version which came out yonks ago. Literally console users get ripped the fuck off and just accept it, no wonder EA treats you guys like sheep like children.
Got it free, if that makes you feel better….

Last edited:

Hugare

My only gripe so far is the change of subtitle text. I really loved the original curved letter style of Mass Effect 1 (which they scrapped in 2 and 3) and now it's gone from ME1, too. I guess it might be for accessibility reasons to have text in a clearer typeface.
Yup, they changed it in order to put more size options

Played the first one for about 10 min yesterday before sleep, and I think it looks great on the PS4 Pro. Even at 1080p.

60 FPS makes all the diference. Animations become way more fluid.

I'm eager to play more. One of my favorite games ever.

I would have to buy this game like 15 times to equal the price of a gaming PC lol

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Love going through the entire trilogy like this. Can't wait until folks get to ME3's dlc which sadly many fans missed out on.

Stuart360

Take with a grain of salt as someone could be trolling on the Steam forums, but i just saw this in regards to censorship -

Quickly what I found. They removed Shiala in the second part of the game(ME2). Because the conversation was quite controversial. All news in Illium regarding the Pinnacle Station addon, has been removed. You cannot hit female reporters in ME2 and ME3 anymore because it is violence against women. The scene with the purchase of the Quarian woman(ME2) was removed because it is an incitement to slavery.

Its just in relation to ME2 so far.
This has kind of put me off the game, and i have been looking forward to this package for months. I like to play as a real arsehole with Sheperd (anything goes to get the job done), and i worry that he's probably been pussified so much through each game, that i dont know what to do now lol.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I took today and Monday off so I could have a 4 day weekend with this. I had completely forgotten how stilted Male Shep is voice wise compared to Jennifer Hale. I may need to re-roll as femshep because I find myself laughing at how rough some of his voice lines are lol

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Take with a grain of salt as someone could be trolling on the Steam forums, but i just saw this in regards to censorship -

This has kind of put me off the game, and i have been looking forward to this package for months. I like to play as a real arsehole with Sheperd (anything goes to get the job done), and i worry that he's probably been pussified so much through each game, that i dont know what to do now lol.
As soon as I heard they were changing some camera angles, I went from day one pre-order to maybe get on sale for $15 in 2 years.

ManaByte

Gold Member

I still own physical copies of the originals.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Where is the studio located, in California?

Stuart360

As soon as I heard they were changing some camera angles, I went from day one pre-order to maybe get on sale for $15 in 2 years.
The problem for me is like the Quarion slave thing, its a very short side mission, but does give you an oppatunity for paragon or renegade points, and also some pretty funny dialogue if you go renegade.
I mean how much could they of cut from all 3 games. I always go full renegade, and there are a lot of things that probably dont sit well in todays clown world. Its really making me nervous, and i have the money right now to buy the game lol.

Xeaker

Quickly what I found. They removed Shiala in the second part of the game(ME2). Because the conversation was quite controversial. All news in Illium regarding the Pinnacle Station addon, has been removed. You cannot hit female reporters in ME2 and ME3 anymore because it is violence against women. The scene with the purchase of the Quarian woman(ME2) was removed because it is an incitement to slavery
200.gif

Stuart360

Probably/hopefully a joke (you never know in todays world lol) but just saw this -

They added a new scene showing Vorchas rioting in the Citadel, flipping over C-Sec tables and burning down their own neighborhood because they wanted the Council to know that "their lives mattered". Not sure what that would achieve but at least its in the game and not real life.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Yeah I'll take that with a grain of salt dude. I'll be the first to criticize if they did indeed remove those options, but in today's politically charged climate some folks will make shit like that up. They left the LITERALLY mentally retarded character in from the Overlord dlc so I can't imagine they would take out punching a reporter.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

Thats shocking if true. Infact it's downright bullshit!

There must be another source that states if it's true ir not.

Whoa so glad I didn't preorder this POS called 'remaster'.

Nobody_Important

Its more about the principle of it. I am swimming in games I can play. I feel zero need to spend money on games I already own when they're putting their ideology over catering to the customer and making it an attractive purchase.
What ideology? They changed a camera angle so it's not solely focused on some chicks ass.

The horror!

"Censored" lol

You guys are nuts.
I gotcha on this one fam. A woman who was 'designed' to be the perfect operator going into her backstory that's only slightly less fucked up than Jack's, and I'm apparently having a conversation with her ass about it.

I wasn't outraged at it then, just disappointed that we needed lazy TnA in one of the best gaming stories ever told. I remember the early seasons of Game of Thrones where I found myself going, "Ladies, can you put your tits away, I'm trying to enjoy the plot."

Nobody_Important

I gotcha on this one fam. A woman who was 'designed' to be the perfect operator going into her backstory that's only slightly less fucked up than Jack's, and I'm apparently having a conversation with her ass about it.
Exactly.

Calling it censorship is way over the top. Miranda still has her ass. They didn't nerf her ass. They didn't put a big black bar over her ass or blur it out. All they did was change a camera angle during a conversation to be less juvenile.

If something like that is enough to make you go from a day 1 player to buying it on sale 2 years later then you can do that, but I find it laughably ridiculous.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Ok i bit the bullet as the game was only £38 on CDKeys compared to £55 on Steam.
At least being on PC means that modders will add back in any censored shit. Fucking clown world lol.

nemiroff

Gold Member
This game was modern, cinematic and oozed of atmosphere when it was released. And I was a big fan. But fuuuuuck.., it looks so outdated.. Just looking at the characters' lips flapping like that.. Ow

Edit: I just noticed the censorship comments. Well, there's no going back from there then, this game is definitely dead to me.

Last edited:
in all the comparisons it certainly seems like they low key ruined the look of the original game? the first one had such a cool 70s sci-fi movie aesthetic. the remaster is looking a little generic 90s space game now

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
It's weird, because ME1 is still uncensored, so asses and breast on display, Liara have bigger breast for example (not fan of that), the Chora's den still have hookers and so on.

There's absolutely no way they removed the indentured servant Quarian quest from ME2 and removed punching the reporter in part 2&3. I refuse to believe it until its confirmed. The much touted "Remaster" has less content that the original games. What a joke.

ManaByte

Gold Member
There's absolutely no way they removed the indentured servant Quarian quest from ME2 and removed punching the reporter in part 2&3. I refuse to believe it until its confirmed. The much touted "Remaster" has less content that the original games. What a joke.

After the internet lynch mob went after Cyberpunk over a fucking background billboard, can you really blame them? I'm sure EA doesn't care much about what one forum cries about, but when that screeching spills over into social media and they have an angry mob riling up the unstable on Twitter; it's probably a headache they'd want to avoid in this day and age.

After the internet lynch mob went after Cyberpunk over a fucking background billboard, can you really blame them? I'm sure EA doesn't care much about what one forum cries about, but when that screeching spills over into social media and they have an angry mob riling up the unstable on Twitter; it's probably a headache they'd want to avoid in this day and age.
You're not wrong! I just wish companies didn't listen to the loud Twitter mob as much as they do. Thankfully I still got the originals and just to support Bioware I will get the Legendary Edition. They are one of my favorite developers and I want them to keep releasing games. I miss their magic and hopefully Dragon Age 4 is a return to form.

Top Bottom