• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mastermind middle school 'hacker' charged with felony for changing teacher's desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Althane

Hahaha, thank jesus this wasn't around when I locked our HS sysadmin out of the network for kicks.

Any sysadmin who lets that happen to him deserves it.

This kind shows some interest in technology, let's encourage him to use it responsibly, not instill hatred against the system in him. Jesus people, it's not that hard.

Teach him why it's wrong, and why he shouldn't do it again, and then pay him (or reward him) for doing it responsibly, helping the school improve their security.

benjipwns

Banned
It's amazing how many people in here are defending someone who could have done literally anything and we have no idea what it could even be.

studyguy

It's amazing how many people in here are defending someone who could have done literally anything and we have no idea what it could even be.

Literally anything!
computer_bomb.jpg

In high school I worked in the English department for credit. I used the computer to check out textbooks to students.

In my downtime I explored other data. The computer had access to personnel records, so with no password or anything, I could look up all the teachers' home addresses.

School computer security is a total joke.

And how can they still be "in the process of" changing the stupid password? It takes two seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom