• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matrix Resurrections – Full trailer Thursday at 6AM PT

FunkMiller

Looks like they’re pretty much repeating the story of the first one?

Getting The Force Awakens vibes 🤮

Also, that last dialogue hints that the leaked info about Neo
being a games designer who made three Matrix games in the past, and now WB want him to make a fourth
looks likely to be true.

Last edited:

sol_bad

Looks pretty darn cool, can't belive it's out in 3 months and is being sent to die on HBO Max. They should delay it to January.

SuperGooey

Looks weird, exciting, and meta (you can see Matrix 1 footage playing on a projector in one of the shots).

The special effects look a little too "clean", like when Neo attacks Morpheus (?), but overall, I'm hyped. Glad the theme song returns.

Also, this is definitely AFTER Revolutions. You can see Neo without his eyes.
1WXIY7f.png

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
This trailer did nothing for me. I feel matrix should just be the first 2 films, mainly the first, but reloaded ended on a cliffhanger. I would have liked they just made reloaded a 2 part movie without all the other bullshit about neo in real world having abilities.

IM just numb I guess from matrix. I loved the first film so much.

FunkMiller

Looks pretty darn cool, can't belive it's out in 3 months and is being sent to die on HBO Max. They should delay it to January.

Isn't HBO Max up to 65 million odd subscribers now? That’s pretty decent. I doubt they’re seeing these dual releases as bad things if they keep adding more subs.

Last edited:

NahaNago

That was a weird trailer and like the visuals looked really weird. Like some have said it looks a little too clean plus it has tons of close up shots of the characters. I'm really not feeling it. I just don't know how I feel about this movie. If it didn't have the name matrix attached to the movie I kind of feel like I would not bother watching this movie.

RNG

Watched the trailer, some of the effects look kinda cheesy. I don't think it'll ever top the first one tbh but I'll probably still check it out.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I think it looks good. I wasn't expecting the same aesthetic from 20 years ago, and wasn't expecting them to visually and effects wise create a new standard like they did with the first film. The proof will be in the pudding - we'll have to wait and see how good the story is.

sol_bad

Isn't HBO Max up to 65 million odd subscribers now? That’s pretty decent. I doubt they’re seeing these dual releases as bad things if they keep adding more subs.

There won't be doing dual releases next year. If it was a huge success for them financially they'd keep doing it.

Stuart360

I mean it looks alright but it just looks like a remake of the first film.
Maybe ists supposed to and after the end of Revolutions the Matrix got rebooted or something and the whole 'The One' thing starts again.
I dont know lol.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
HOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT HYPE
Looks like they’re pretty much repeating the story of the first one?

Getting The Force Awakens vibes 🤮

Also, that last dialogue hints that the leaked info about Neo
being a games designer who made three Matrix games in the past, and now WB want him to make a fourth
looks likely to be true.

Well, The Matrix is an eternal reboot, so it makes sense to see some familiar scenes here. I'm curious to understand what the machines learned from the end of the last Matrix and how they changed it accordingly.

Papacheeks

Banned
This feels really forced and over produced. I like the grit in my movies. Not enough sets, and real world filming everything looks green screened, no practical effects. ANd not a fan of young morpheous.

Pagusas

Elden Member
obviously got to wait on this to see how it turns out... but that trailer was bad given this is the Matrix we're talking about. I expected a certain cool factor to it and it completely lacked it. "Cheap" is a word I'm seeing used by others, and I agree. I'm still trying to put my finger on why.. but even things like the logo/trailer end looked bad, like it lacked the same quality of the first 3.

OHHHH and the lack of the green color grading!

Also no Fishburn hurts.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
obviously got to wait on this to see how it turns out... but that trailer was bad given this is the Matrix we're talking about. I expected a certain cool factor to it and it completely lacked it. "Cheap" is a word I'm seeing used by others, and I agree.

But blue hair shaven sides- girl was doing all kinds of flip flops, remember those moves??? Movie's action seems to rely a ton on people going "this move is just like in the earlier movies".

And you're right about the lack of coolness. There's nothing cool about an apparently eternally confused looking Neo.

FunkMiller

Have to agree on the trailer looking a bit too ‘Marvelish’ with the colour palette, tone and use of FX. Compare to how dark and gritty the original’s first trailer was:

Endemic to the look of modern cinema, unfortunately. A lot of style has been lost.

Last edited:

sol_bad

This feels really forced and over produced. I like the grit in my movies. Not enough sets, and real world filming everything looks green screened, no practical effects. ANd not a fan of young morpheous.

What does forced even mean? One of the worst buzz word criticisms on the internet these days.

I know Keanu is the internet's hot crush (unless you're hating on Cyberpunk) but he is a shit actor now. He just goes into the film and plays Keanu instead of the actual character. Same stupid hair style, same emotionless expression, and same deep edgy voice. Dude's been phoning it in and he gets away with it cause the internet can see no wrong in him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom