• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 2013 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes June 10

DaBoss

GAF won't be down, BELIEVE!

:(

During the mayhem that is E3 discussion, maybe the thread can be bumped once an hour or something.

Road

GAF won't be down, BELIEVE!

Important reminder. The odds of GAF being inaccessible the entire Monday, even before the Microsoft conference are very, very high.

For all practical intents and purposes the deadline is Sunday. =P

donny2112

As Road said, the deadline is on E3 "Madness" Day 1, so may want to get the predictions in earlier instead of later...

Bruno MB

[360] 103,000
[3DS] 97,000
[PS3] 78,000
[PSV] 15,000
[WIU] 31,000

I'm tempted to predict that 3DS will be the top-selling system of the month.

donny2112

~29 hours left to predict for May 2013's NPD. Will be released the Monday after E3, but deadline is still this Monday! :)

[360] 113k
[3DS] 92k
[PS3] 93k
[PSV] 9k
[WIU] 29k

Yeah I think this is the month Vita goes below 10k a feat I don't think anything has accomplished outside of something discontinued or a successor out

jvm

Gamasutra.
Looks like the deciding factor this month will be who got 3DS and 360 ordering correct. :)

Best of luck, everyone.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Pachter's predictions:

Xbox 360 = 124K
3DS = 123K
PS3 = 95.7K
NDS = 41K
Wii = 34K
Wii U = 32K
PSV = 15K

jvm

Gamasutra.
About an hour to go. I'm on holiday, technically, but if I see stuff and I'm actually at a computer, I'll post it.

Seda

d2fKSGm.png

jvm

Gamasutra.
Lowest I have a record for is $286mm in May 2006. So below that. (The figure I have for May 2005 is higher.)

Petrae

This is going to be bad. Epic kinds of bad. And with last year's comp numbers, are we talking -35% or worse? This will be interesting to watch.

Pranay

any good software release that month ?

Surprisingly software has done good this year compared to last year

This is going to be bad. Epic kinds of bad. And with last year's comp numbers, are we talking -35% or worse? This will be interesting to watch.

Well next month most likly better then this month thats for sure.

May was horrid it seems

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm wondering how much truth is in Iwata's recent words...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/130612/index.html
For your information, the launches of “Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon” and “Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity” in late March improved the situation for Nintendo 3DS in the U.S.
The successive releases of other much-anticipated titles since then have more than doubled total first-party software sales counting from April compared to last year. Thanks to the revitalized Nintendo 3DS software market, the sales pace of the hardware has also showed a year-on-year increase since April in spite of a sharp decrease in the size of the entire U.S. video game market.

Shouldn't this mean 3DS sales will be higher than last year's May?

Top Bottom