• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May 2017 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes Tuesday, June 6th

Shin

Banned
Interesting to see the software sales between XB1/PS4, 4 exclusives from PS4 in their list and 0 on XB1.
Exclusives does sell I guess, Switch is highly constrained by supply yeah or did they sort that out?
It's a less interesting now that we don't have numbers, would have be handy to keep track the consoles .

I think June-July are the first months they may be starting to see increase in production realization. Japan will be a good barometer.

June started really really bad. But has picked up.

I think it should up MoM if others are seeing similar things.

Charts.

Inf1SL7.jpg

XJX6ZOr.jpg

I8Y4LK6.jpg

Tell me about it... sunk about $200 in. Stupid packs.

am i right that Microsoft is only a participant publisher in the digital panel for Xbox One games and not also for all platforms combined?
when you first announced Microsoft would join, your wording was "for the Xbox One chart".

because i try to wrap my head around the fact, that Forza Horizon is #6 on Xbox One, but nowhere in the top 20 overall
Farpoint is #7 on Ps4 and #16 overall
or is XBox One software revenue so much weaker than Ps4?
it's possible, because the installbase is roughly 10% below Ps4, but that would also contradict last month, when BOII was able to chart in the top 10 overall just due to X360 BC on Xbox One.

maybe you can answer on that?!

fernoca

Any estimates for Injustice 2? Debuted higher than the first one based on what little info is out there. So over 500k?

Vena

This definitely feels worse than the Wii stock situation. Sub 200k is awful (assuming that's the range we're talking about).

It is worse, Wii was shipping something like ~1mil monthly globally outside of holidays.

The Switch seems to be in the ballpark of 500-700k (depending on month) but they also shipped (and burned their entire surplus) in unexpected excess in the initial launch, so its still a mess to really figure out.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Interesting to see the software sales between XB1/PS4, 4 exclusives from PS4 in their list and 0 on XB1.
Exclusives does sell I guess, Switch is highly constrained by supply yeah or did they sort that out?
It's a less interesting now that we don't have numbers, would have be handy to keep track the consoles .
Gotta have some exclusives first, lol.

What do they even have right now?

Ramping up hardware production isn't easy, and it takes some time. As Nintendo has stated it would ship 10m WW during the year during its latest earnings call, well, I believe them.

The larger mass market is just now hearing whispers of Switch, and by the time Odyssey shows up they'll be in straight up store rush mode. I'd expect stock to be flowing more freely at that point. Guess we'll see.

maybe you can answer on that?!

Microsoft is a member of the panel, digital sales of its products are counted in all charts and totals.

I wish I could go into more specific detail.

Vena

Microsoft is a member of the panel, digital sales of its products are counted in all charts and totals.

Curious if you can give a hint on how close the Switch and PS4 are, trying to suss out around where this month's seemingly low shipment for the Switch ended up and how that scales with Japan.

Jigorath

Banned
PS4 sales have been really strong this year despite the competition. Switch hasn't had any negative effect on it. I guess Layden was right when he said PlayStation and Nintendo can co-sign just fine.

when is going to be more stock on amazon for the switch? ive been doing a nintendo-gaf in RL and sold my switch to my bro and my aunt want one for my cousin studying abroad

Sony has to be happy with HZD. RE7 and Mass Effect are on three platforms. I think this fall is PS4 bundles vs. Nintendo's manufacturing capacity. Could go either way with highly anticipated software on both platforms.

Could be.. next month will be interesting as well. My guy at Gstop said they sold all of their gold ps4's (12 I believe he said) in the first couple of days of that last promo, and the replenishment the following days. Was looking for one at BB (near me) apparently sold out as well. I had no idea it'd be like this. Can someone investigate, lol?

Abdiel

June started really really bad. But has picked up.

I think it should up MoM if others are seeing similar things.

Started out like a god damn ghost town. But we'll see. I'm not sure what the end plan is, but it's rough for us. It's kind of annoying when there's still people looking to snag one from the core hunters.

Ugh. Oh well. Hopefully they'll figure out their supply issues

Started out like a god damn ghost town. But we'll see. I'm not sure what the end plan is, but it's rough for us. It's kind of annoying when there's still people looking to snag one from the core hunters.

Ugh. Oh well. Hopefully they'll figure out their supply issues

Abdiel how was the playstation sale ?
Can you give us a idea of how effect things for you .

Chobel

I'll have to say, I didn't see this coming at all. Switch stock issues are way worse than I thought.

And why there's no NPD results thread?

234,500 after a 207,300 May (Uncharted 4)

April 2016 Weekly Average: 43,700
May 2016 Weekly Average: 51,825 (+19%)
June 2016 Weekly Average: 46,900 (-10%)

I didn't even realize that was you at first and was thinking that looks like a Welfare post.

I guess that's what happens when you just look at profile pics and don't read names

Welfare

I didn't even realize that was you at first and was thinking that looks like a Welfare post.

I guess that's what happens when you just look at profile pics and don't read names
I got this avatar a little bit before E3 lol. But yeah I look at the avatars instead of usernames as well.

At least I have some consistency to my posts where you don't need to see my avatar to know it's me.

I got this avatar a little bit before E3 lol. But yeah I look at the avatars instead of usernames as well.

At least I have some consistency to my posts where you don't need to see my avatar to know it's me.

......good Lord. How long have I been reading Welfare posts without realizing it's you.

I'm too scared to change my avatar at this point. I figure people just recognize me as Geralt by now and it became different no one would know who the hell I was

Vena

......good Lord. How long have I been reading Welfare posts without realizing it's you.

I'm too scared to change my avatar at this point. I figure people just recognize me as Geralt by now and it became different no one would know who the hell I was

Do like I do, get a modular avatar! :p

I switch parts in and out every few months but its the same (adorable) theme.

Well, I haven't seen a Switch in real life, so I believe this stock fiasco.

You haven't seen them because most stores don't have time to pull the fresh shipment from the back before someone comes to the front counter and asks for one. People call ahead of time for new stock and then appear in the store right before the consoles are moved to the shelf.

starmud

Had a sad feeling regarding the switch stock situation... collectivity my district of target stores haven't even broken 50 units coming into stock over three weeks... my home store recieved less than 10 units over the last three weeks. Two units e3 week. On the upside 3DS galaxy editions have been moving well? Lol

The odd shortage to me is the yellow neon joycons. All of us were limited to one per store. Even high volume stores in LA received paltry numbers.

Wait if Nintendo is competing against apple for parts, will they ever get proper stock?

How the hell do u compete against apple?

Top Bottom