• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May U.S. Primaries |OT| Glory to America

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Bernie won Indianna? Kinda surprised, gaf was acting sure that Hillary would win.

It wasn't just GAF - it was the polling. For me personally, I nailed it - a win for Sanders, but too little too late. I don't think too many people were expecting a blowout though.

The real winner tonight was Benchmark Politics.

"bigotry" is not a word that you want to use lightly period, let alone in a campaign season where donald "wall" trump and ted "trans people are icky" cruz are the top two candidates on one side

so, as usual, please show some receipts (preferably to a mod if this is actual bigotry) or shut up

From Harry Enten

If Clinton wins in Indiana by 15 percentage points, she’ll have to win 34 percent of the remaining elected delegates to capture a majority of the elected delegates by the end of the primary season. If Sanders wins Indiana by 15 percentage points, Clinton would need to win 35 percent of the remaining elected delegates to take a majority of the elected delegates by the end of the primary season. Either way, the math won’t really change after the Indiana primary on the Democratic side.

That's unfortunate. I didn't expect that you'd be honest with me, though.

A few pages ago Hillary supporters were saying that Hillary was going to outperform the polls in Indiana. Hilarious.
Depends on what you consider bigotry.

Stating empirically verified facts like "Bernies biggest leads are in states with very low minority populations." isn't bigotry.

Trump says the exact same thing every single speech.

I actually miss when he would say crazy, horrible things. He's too predictable now.

Friendly reminder: Hillary dropped out in 2008 when Obama had 2100 delegates

Expect Bernie to do the same
I thought Sanders' whole thing was trying to be better than HRC though, not hold himself to Clinton's standards and only match her. I mean, that's really what fascinates me. He wants to prove he's a better candidate than 2008 Hillary? Well, here's his chance--let's see what he does.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RNC Chairman
NdsDXM9.png

Time to face reality, Bern.
u0fnsxg.png

Crud

Banned
Sanders needs to go yesterday. This win is pointless. Hes doing no good at this point we all understand the issues he is campaigning for we get it. Its over now. Go home.

Finally Trump is turning his crosshairs on Hillary. Hasn't even acknowledged Teds existence.

Yup. This is going to be a brutal year.

Maxim726X

Sanders needs to go yesterday. This win is pointless. Hes doing no good at this point we all understand the issues he is campaigning for we get it. Its over now. Go home.

I'm hoping he rethinks his strategy moving forward, now that the Republicans have their nominee.

Xe4

Banned
Friendly reminder: Hillary dropped out in 2008 when Obama had 2100 delegates

Expect Bernie to do the same

Democrats rightly called her out for just that. Not to mention Hillary never had the deficit Sanders did.

It's also not entirely fair to use Hillary's poor decision to justify Sander's.

danm999

I don't think he needs to drop out but he really should stop the gee shucks we were just repeating what state reps said about Hillary committing money laundering routine.

platocplx

Nothing much happened to the country. You're better off asking what happened to the Republican party.
A quick synopsis imo

Back around the civil rights era first the southern strategy was born. Using coded racist language to gain votes.

Republicans made a deal with the devil known as the dixecrats and brought them into the fold.

As time went on this worked well for them. Molded for homophobia,xenophobia and Christian fundamentalist speech. All the while helping wealthy benefactors push legislation that were really pro wealth and pro deregulation for businesses while "promising" Christian fundamental legislation which really hasn't happened much.

The fringe of this party got tired of seeing their party not taking a harder stance on the radical fundamentalist values that they blindly believe.

The tea party was born. Really a reincarnation of the old southern Dixiecrats but even more rabid and anti everything non "Christian" rhetoric and dog whistles(coded language) has slowly gotten more and more decoded to the point where Trump's (keeping it real and non "PC") has mobilized these same zealots.

Today we have Trump who these radical republicans on the right either think he's joking some of the time, allows them to wear their xenophobia homophobia and racism as a badge of honor and this now is the state of the Republican party. Kind of taken over ironically by political terror..er tea party patriots) of their own creation.

Honestly don't know what to think at this point.

It's sad there are things I am okay with on the Republican side but it seems as through christian fundamentalism and literally hatred and fear of anyone non white has totally engulfed the party.

The craziest part in all of this Trump is STILL and establishment guy he has always been that. I just don't understand what the hell is going on in that party. It's crazy what the Obamas elections has brought out people and mainly a product of awful awful political rhetoric preaching fear,being uncompromising, and hatred for anyone who doesn't live some kind of "Christian" life.

Maybe the political junkies watching Trump talk on fox livestreams while quipping about it on internet forums know his platform. The lady working the night shift to feed her children in Montana probably doesn't. She's got other things to focus on. Shouldn't she have the opportunity to inform herself and have her say too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom