• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May U.S. Primaries |OT| Glory to America

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoliGAF staying weird as always. Bernie is helping Trump by staying in the race? What?.... What?

I don't want to take stances here because politics are inherently divisive, but..... what?

If he just sticks to the issues then there is no harm at all.

Insinuating that Hilary is corrupt definitely helps Trump.

PoliGAF staying weird as always. Bernie is helping Trump by staying in the race? What?.... What?
So long as he stops attacking her and accusing her (and the party) of absolutely outrageous shit I have no problem with him staying in. No negative ads, no conspiracy theory bullshit, none of that. I think most of us here would agree.

So does GAF largely dismiss the politico article about the Victory Fund?

I'm asking based on some of the comments I've seen in here.

danm999

I don't want to take stances here because politics are inherently divisive, but..... what?

Well I mean this past week his campaign accused her of money laundering.

That helps Trump if that's the race he continues running.

At this point he has almost zero chance of getting the nomination. Throwing Hillary and the DNC under the bus saying they are corrupt money launderers won't help him at this point.

NYR

Bernie scores another victory! We're going all the way to the white house!! 👍👍👍👍

Clinton would need her teeth kicked in California for this to happen, which won't happen. It's over. Deal with it.

The thing is, the primaries will still happen and there will still be his name on the ballot or a write-in box even if he drops out.

So it's not like people's voices aren't being heard. They can still vote for Bernie Sanders even if he drops out.

Bernie dropping out does not smother the voice of the people. Your argument doesn't work.

I specifically mention informing herself. Part of the reason Bernie protesters talk about 1 person 1 vote is because the money put into campaigning for a candidate unquestionably impacts the outcome of elections. People in upcoming states deserve, as much as anybody, an informed vote. An active Sanders campaign means his message is spreading for both potential future voters in this primary and in the long haul.

No, because it's a nomination process, not an informational one. That's the reason candidates drop out, either because the math doesn't work, or to help the party. Both are true for Sanders. If the nomination were about informing people, candidates wouldn't drop out.

It's both. There has never been a candidate on the national stage spreading a message like Sander's. That is important too.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

They're both going to be attacking Hillary, the Democratic nominee. It's very easy.

Xe4

Banned
This is stupid. Hillary isn't entitled to the presidency.

You're right she isn't. In fact she had to prove she could campaign well and win the majority of votes and or delegates. She's done that, and was never entitled to anything.

Grief51

Banned
All bow to Supreme Leader Donald Trump. LOL your country is a joke sometimes. This reminds me of when Schwarzenegger became Governor of California.
I'm happy I'm not American :p

The argument is that all his campaign is accomplishing at this point is helping to sour public opinion around Hillary. Not onlyy that, but the longer he stays in the race, the longer the party stays divided.

Hillary needs to be turning to face the rabid hate machine of the right wing and bolstering her support to weather the storm that will come when the reps all fall in line as they always do and go full scorched earth on her.

She can't do that effectively while Bernie goes from state to state repeating the same speech he's given thousands of times and his supporters continually scrutinize and demonize everything she does.

kingkitty

The dream is complete. Donald Trump is the nominee. Now it's time for Bernie to bow out gracefully, and we can finally get this landslide stew cooking.

I love the smell of a Democratic leaning Supreme Court.

Miles X

If you'be ever seen my posts you know I want Bernie to win. It's a long shot, but he's gonna make it.

No, he isn't. I really do worry about people like you when he eventually bows out, and how you'll react.

You're expecting 40+ win in Cali. It's not possible.

Bernie Sanders is in this race until the convention.

People who think that's going to change haven't been paying attention to his campaign.

Damaniel

Banned
This is stupid. Hillary isn't entitled to the presidency.

She's *earned* it. More votes, more delegates, more states - she's ahead by every possible measure, and by bigger margins than we've seen in just about any other Democratic primary.

Risette

A Good Citizen

I was a Bernie supporter (and I still agree with him in terms of policy, just facing reality, also not PoliGAF) but at this point he's mathematically eliminated. His campaign is running on hopes and dreams instead of facts, which would be fine if the Republicans were running against each other until the convention, but that's not the case anymore. Trump is essentially locked in as the Republican nom now.

Trump is way too dangerous to essentially let run unchecked until the Dem convention. Dems need to start campaigning against Trump, not themselves. It's time to start getting serious.

Ryoku

I get your guys' point, but I guess letting Trump use those "talking points" to attack Hillary is better?

Regardless of who wins democratic nomination, I think scrutiny and criticism (both ways) is better for the party. It could lead to a stronger candidate, but this is just my opinion.

Diablos

It's both. There has never been a candidate on the national stage spreading a message like Sander's. That is as important too.
Yeah? You've never heard of Mondale or McGovern? Bernie is them... with the Internet and 24/7 media.

Bernie is not so special that he should drag out the race until the convention and hurt the Dems chances in the GE. Get over it.

Ashodin

No, he isn't. I really do worry about people like you when he eventually bows out, and how you'll react.

You're expecting 40+ win in Cali. It's not possible.
You needn't worry about me! Bernie will stay in till the end. Then I vote for the democratic candidate.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Bernie Sanders is in this race until the convention.

People who think that's going to change haven't been paying attention to his campaign.

He will forfeit all leverage for policy platform changes, any support from the DNC for reelection, AND any chairs he has in the Senate.
Edit: If he continues a negative campaign. I should have qualified that before I posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom