• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MCV: PS3 Price Drop Coming in August (Gamescom)

Majine said:
But wouldn't 199 kinda cockblock themselves for the 249-299 Vita launch?

Not really. The day one hardcore gamer is going to buy Vita no matter what price the PS3 is mainly because they almost certainly already own a PS3.

DeVeAn

If they make a silver one and the pics of the PSthree are legit I'll get one.

psthree.jpg

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Lupin the Wolf said:
Makes more sense for Sony to have the PS3 no less than $249 for this specific reason.

Can't think of any other reason, though.

One more reason to go with the Move bundle if they can theoretically afford to go 199.

Sony line might be like: "We are giving you more, for less!"

NateDrake

Could possibly strengthen the price drop rumor:

Earlier this year Sony introduced a new PS3 Slim model (CECH-3000B) to Japanese consumers. Compared to the original PS3 Slim (CECH-3001B), the newer Slim model uses less energy, is nearly a pound lighter, and lowers its wattage to 200W from the previous 230W. The new model retails for ¥34,980 ($435) in Japan and comes equipped with a 320GB HDD. After revealing the system for Japanese release, no word on an oversea release was mentioned, but now it appears Sony may be preparing to bring that very model to North America in the near future.

Posted on Sony’s press site, several images of a new PS3 Slim model surfaced that strongly resemble the CECH-3000B model. With a black lining below the disc tray and other minor changes, the model looks identical to the Japanese model – find pictures of the system here. Could Sony be preparing an announcement for a North American/European release alongside a potential price drop on other models? With Gamescom closing in, we shall soon find out.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-...h-america-pictures-surface-on-sony-press-site

DeVeAn said:

psthree.jpg

I highly doubt the PS3 will see another major hardware change. Especially with Sony focusing on profitability and with them recently releasing the 3001-A & B models of the current Slim.

C_H_T said:
pstwo.jpg

Looks like the PSTwo.

I never liked these much the little arm that helps hold the disc in place was famous for making a little scratch on the edge of discs due to its placement, it is very easy to not line the disc up perfectly and have a section of it sit on the arm then scrape off once the disc is locked in place, at least for me anyway. I always wanted a laptop style disc tray for this model.

Truespeed

DeVeAn said:

psthree.jpg

That really is pure ugly. The person that did this should have their Photoshop license revoked.

ajf009

I'm pretty much all out of room on my 40gb ps3, so I would absolutely LOVE a price drop right now. $200 spent very very well

Top Bottom