• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MechWarrior Online - News and Information Thread

Shaitan

Neo Member
i chose the lame way to do it and just boated lrms. on the plus side, I mastered my other two mad dogs because of it. Took me 51 matches

Lime

How did you guys track the amount of matches you did? I lost count.

It was a pretty good weekend - managed to get the Victor last night and it was really nice having premium time while "grinding". It made it possible for me to get a Summoner Prime.

Giolon

How did you guys track the amount of matches you did? I lost count.

It was a pretty good weekend - managed to get the Victor last night and it was really nice having premium time while "grinding". It made it possible for me to get a Summoner Prime.

The tournament page shows all your matches duri the period. After 10 losses I a row in Solo queue last night, I gave up on the Victor. Congrats.

Won 1 match this morning and qualified, lost 3 more. Who says ELO is working again?

Lime

That's funny, I got my Victor after 52 matches, very similar to JackDT.

It's mostly about being on a good team that determines whether or not you're going to get a point.

El'Kharn

I saw some of the worst examples of poor piloting this weekend than i have in a very long time.
These types of challenges seem to bring all the derps out of the woodwork.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Double XP weekend! I'm going to master out so many mechs.

Now is also a good time to buy MC, as there will be a 20% bonus.

They're also running the 'Victor' challenge this weekend too, for those who didn't make it to 20.

K.Jack

Not even gonna try to run my Hellbringers. GG heavy queue.

I have messed around with it in the mechlab, and you can do some pretty crazy stuff.

El'Kharn

Looks great in the mech lab...then you discover the screwed hitbox that is the CT
How is it that they can still to this day not get this right the first time?

K.Jack

Yeah I decided to play them, today. Everything was CT, damn. Of course I'm living through the madness because of the 2.5x xp rewards. Might as well elite them now.

Playing a 3x ERLL ECM sniper, to keep my distance. The head mounted laser is hilariously awesome.

El'Kharn

Gauss rifle and 4 erml atm.
Sticking to the rear fringe cherry picking my shots and keeping my distance. Doing ok but i'm not going to be getting the most enjoyment out of it until its fixed for sure.
At least i'll finally get my maddogs mastered

K.Jack

Yeah the HBR is pretty amazing. All those hardpoint along with ECM. Sheesh. Been running 5x ML, LB20X, ECM. Hurts real bad up close.

Need to test the dual LB5X troll build nexr.

Woorloog

Banned
Does anyone run the mech with proper armor levels, ie stock armor? Actual stock, 256 points, not what the Prime has due to lack of A-Pods.
I mean, after all the Hellbringer was named Loki for its mad configs, configs that are made possible by the ridiculously low armor levels.

K.Jack

With most mechs, I try them out a few times in their stock configs. The HBR? I'm too afraid to run it that light. Even my Vindis run with 288 points.

Woorloog

Banned
You ain't worth the Hellbringer then. It is a mech for one more glorious last stand, taking your enemy with you.
(Oddly, the Jade Falcon touman has a lot of Hellbringers. Guess they have a lot of glorious last stands. Like the Smoke Jaguars...)
They need to add Clan second line mechs to this game. Who doesn't want a Hunchback IIC?

K.Jack

You ain't worth the Hellbringer then. It is a mech for one more glorious last stand, taking your enemy with you.
(Oddly, the Jade Falcon touman has a lot of Hellbringers. Guess they have a lot of glorious last stands. Like the Smoke Jaguars...)
They need to add Clan second line mechs to this game. Who doesn't want a Hunchback IIC?

Oh I see. You like the death traps. But AC40 wiih jump jets sounds scary as hell.

I'm looking for the Kodiak. I like a mech that will explode after a single alpha strike.

Woorloog

Banned
I'm not sure what i like actually.
Given my luck in tabletop roleplaying games, i'm inclined to use death traps...

Doesn't really apply in MWO, my luck in this game is utterly random, unlike Halo where i had two kinds of luck: Good, except when it concerned my team: which is nearly always utterly terrible.

I do like the Kit Fox which is something of a death trap...

As for mechs that blow up after a single alpha strike, i'm not sure but i think the Hellbringer Prime is the kind in the tabletop game. At least, it risks ammo explosion. Happens with the Nova in MWO easily, and for some reason i always end up firing all my lasers at once...

Kodiak sure looks nice, the weapons loadout that is. The kind of that kills enemy with one blow easily, with some luck.

EDIT Tried to re-create the Kodiak with the Daishi: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=173&l=ec832c5dd9f43779053aa98414f8623b27942e9d
Unfortunately, one runs out of space, the Kodiak has Endo-Steel but also much larger engine eating the mass.
But perhaps you could test it anyway...
EDIT Oh, i figure it out. Give it Medium Pulse Lasers!
EDIT Here: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=173&l=018f57c5411075b2459bce80e6ef8cbe77489d7c
Gave it a Targeting Computer at the expense of some armor and a heat sink as well, but all tonnage is now used.
But what to call it... Dire Bear?

K.Jack

KGC_0000_Quirk.jpg

KGC_000L_Quirk.jpg

KGC_000B_Quirk.jpg

Dat hardpoint inflation. Damn these are going to crush mechs.

K.Jack

How's the game population? Loved the game back when it released.. Always got an itch for Mechwarrior.

Population is good. At one point they reported that they sold over 20k of the first Clan package, so I'd put the pop at least in the 30k-40k range.

K.Jack

Haven't tried the Crab yet, but I've been running around in the Gargoyles. Yet to have a match where I don't score 2 kills.

Thing almost handles like a medium.

Giolon

This is the King Crab build I've been using: KING CRAB KGC-000(L)

Combine with AC20 Cooldown Module, and it absolutely wrecks face and isn't too hot. It's a little on the low side for ammo, but 28 is usually enough to last me through all but my best matches.

Woorloog

Banned
I don't have the King Crab but i wonder about the triple-0 model, with 6 ballistic slots.
Remove FF, add DHS, slap on XL300, 6 AC2s, 2 tons of ammo per AC2, scrape off some armor, and fill the mech with DHS. You get something like this: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=237&l=7e8cdd3d85dd7c4333afced9605a16b5459d4bc1
With heat efficiency of 40%, is it possible to use this properly, despite the AC2 ghost heat? Because sustained barrage of 6 AC2s sounds a really terrible thing, from the victims POV, i think.
If nothing else, as a more-dakka it sounds hilarious.
Too bad the game doesn't have IS UAC2 or LB-2-X...

The Jagermech DD can do similar build but it lacks tonnage to get a good enough cooling (at least if it wants to keep reasonable speed).

Giolon

I don't have the King Crab but i wonder about the triple-0 model, with 6 ballistic slots.
Remove FF, add DHS, slap on XL300, 6 AC2s, 2 tons of ammo per AC2, scrape off some armor, and fill the mech with DHS. You get something like this: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=237&l=7e8cdd3d85dd7c4333afced9605a16b5459d4bc1
With heat efficiency of 40%, is it possible to use this properly, despite the AC2 ghost heat? Because sustained barrage of 6 AC2s sounds a really terrible thing, from the victims POV, i think.
If nothing else, as a more-dakka it sounds hilarious.
Too bad the game doesn't have IS UAC2 or LB-2-X...

The Jagermech DD can do similar build but it lacks tonnage to get a good enough cooling (at least if it wants to keep reasonable speed).
Don't forget, the KGC-000 has 15% AC20 Velocity and Cooldown (half for other ballistics).

For dakka builds, better off w/ 4xUAC5 like this: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=3b8ff70f7e17c6d1e3a2cdd79f484e9e693af3bc

Or you can try 2xAC2, 2xAC5, 2xUAC5 like this http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=238&l=111f45bab90ff78920bedcd97e762c2251f2e811

Woorloog

Banned
Wasn't thinking whether it is actually good. Or useful. Was wondering whether it works, or if the ghost heats fucks it up. IIRC, 4xAC2 build on a Jagermech runs a tad too hot, IIRC, mostly due to ghost heat so having 6 of those things...

Gotta say i can't think of many cases where having triple ballistic hardpoints is actually useful. A bit of niche arrangement, unless you got for a big gun and 2xMG but frankly that's rather lame.

Quad UAC5 does sound nice though. Too bad the Dire Wolf is the only Clan mech capable of doing that build, never liked the Dire Wolf (or been a fan of 100 tonners in general).
EDIT Oh, technically you can fit quad-CUAC5 (Quad-Quacks?) to the Hellbringer but that requires a special level of insanity.

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, they just made that available right now or something?

Figure we can finally change NGAF affiliation?
Any specific faction you want to be in?

K.Jack

Wait, they just made that available right now or something?

Figure we can finally change NGAF affiliation?
Any specific faction you want to be in?

I don't have a huge preference.

Man the three Crow one Timber drop deck is so freaking strong.

Woorloog

Banned
What are we right now? Back to unaffiliated or what?
Installing 8 patches took too long, not to mention eating all CPU and memory, had to postpone installing that stuff (to Saturday likely).

Giolon

What are we right now? Back to unaffiliated or what?
Installing 8 patches took too long, not to mention eating all CPU and memory, had to postpone installing that stuff (to Saturday likely).

Everything went back to unaffiliated with this patch.

I've played two CW matches so far, both times as Defenders and both times winning. It's a super blast. My heart was pounding in both matches unlike it ever has in the previous game modes. Just waiting, hiding behind the wall for the shit that you know is going to come through is nerve wracking.

I haven't found a good way to defend against attackers hitting the generators over the wall yet. It seems easier to fire back on the ice map than the sulfur map.

Here are the fiscal results of my 2nd match:
My first match only rewarded 363,000 C-bills, and I had what I thought was a similar performance.

K.Jack

Everything went back to unaffiliated with this patch.

I've played two CW matches so far, both times as Defenders and both times winning. It's a super blast. My heart was pounding in both matches unlike it ever has in the previous game modes. Just waiting, hiding behind the wall for the shit that you know is going to come through is nerve wracking.

I haven't found a good way to defend against attackers hitting the generators over the wall yet. It seems easier to fire back on the ice map than the sulfur map.

Here are the fiscal results of my 2nd match:

My first match only rewarded 363,000 C-bills, and I had what I thought was a similar performance.

Earnings must be crazy, if you drop with 4 hero mechs.

You been dropping solo?

Giolon

Earnings must be crazy, if you drop with 4 hero mechs.

You been dropping solo?

I was dropping in a 2-man group w/ a friend. You can only group with people in your Unit in CW, which is kind of a bummer. Your team will still fill up with other players, but it means you can't really play with people in other units easily.

Also for anyone thinking of joining a unit and leaving, when you join you inherit their faction contract which remains when you leave. You can "Break" the contract, which for a 7 day contract seems to just lop off a chunk that will leave you with 2 days left and it costs 50,000 c-bills per day removed. There's no way to accelerate the final two days.

Shaitan

Neo Member
I am so weak willed. bought a 4th mad dog so i could run 4 of them at once... thank god i have a job. on the other hand, pgi deserves my money after this blitz of updates

Top Bottom