• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create figures - June 19 to June 25

1. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2) - 281,510
2. New Super Mario Bros. (NDS) - 170,168 (1,848,813)
3. Brain Age 2 (NDS) - 57,752 (2,594,989)
4. Winning Eleven 10 (PS2) - 49,926 (863,457)
5. Brain Age (NDS) - 38,766 (2,437,374)
6. King of Fighters XI (PS2) - 28,015
7. Animal Crossing WW (NDS) - 27,780 (2,857,990)
8. English Training (NDS) - 24,978 (1,193,324)
9. Sony Computer Science Kenkyuusho Kenmogi Kenichirou Hakase Kanshuu - Nou ni Kaikan: Aha Taiken (PSP) - 23,548
10. Digimon Story - 21,520 (62,655)

http://eg.nttpub.co.jp/ranking.html

WalkMan

Banned
9. Some PSP game (PSP) - 23,548
seg06011_02w.jpg

seg06011_03w.jpg

:lol wtf?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
yawn zzzzzz

vp 2 seems sort of low. new smb is moving along. the usual suspects are still hanging around. boring chart

Raw64life

Haha @ #9.

As of next week NSMB will be the best selling Mario platformer in Japan since Super Mario World and the best selling Mario game of any kind since Mario Kart 64. Also, Brain Age + Brain Age 2 combined is over 5 million now.

neo2046

A Link to the Past said:
1. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (PS2) - 281,510
2. New Super Mario Bros. (NDS) - 170,168 (1,848,813)
3. Brain Age 2 (NDS) - 57,752 (2,594,989)
4. Winning Eleven 10 (PS2) - 49,926 (863,457)
5. Brain Age (NDS) - 38,766 (2,437,374)
6. KoF XI (KOF 2006) (PS2) - 28,015
7. Animal Crossing WW (NDS) - 27,780 (2,857,990)
8. English Training (NDS) - 24,978 (1,193,324)
9. SEGA whatever Brain Training (PSP) - 23,548 :D
10. Digimon Story - 21,520 (62,655)

mutsu

9. is the brain training game directed by someone in the Sony Computer Science department.

1. Valkyrie Profile 2: Lenneth (PS2) - 281,510

Should be Silmeria, as neo has pointed out above.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Archie said:
yawn zzzzzz

vp 2 seems sort of low. new smb is moving along. the usual suspects are still hanging around. boring chart

VP2 is doing all right if you consider the season...but that just might be an American thing. Here's VP1's sales:

VALKYRIE PROFILE 99.12.22 PS
311,630 -> 97,282 -> 54,055
634,958 (49.08 %)

So it's tracking only 30,000 below VP1 or so...which is a sizable chunk, but it's still doing better than we thought I think.

neo2046

Famitsu Data from that same mystery source

VP2 Silmeria - 302867
New SMB - 169852
Magical Vacation - 18546
brain training in the Sony Computer Science department - 17754

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
surprising drop of how many DS titles are usually in the top 10 this week. only half this time.

Rock_Man

11 NDS Tetris DS (Nintendo) - 20,412 (640,760)
12 PS2 Galaxy Angel II (Broccoli) - 18,902
13 NDS Magical Vacation: 5-tsu no Hoshi ga Narabu toki (Nintendo) - 13,571
14 PS2 Hisshou Pachi-Slot Kouryoku Series Vol. 5 (D3)
15 NDS Mario Kart DS (Nintendo)
16 NDS Pokemon Ranger (Nintendo)
17 NDS Gyakuten Saiban: Yomigaeru Gyakuten (Best Price) (Capcom) - 7,991 (18,738)
18 NDS Metroid Prime Hunters (Nintendo) - 7,485 (59,058)
19 NDS Yawaraka Atama Juku (Nintendo)
20 NDS Puzzle Series Vol. 3: Sudoku (Hudson)
21 PSP World Soccer Winning Eleven 9: Ubiquitous Edition (PSP the Best) (Konami)
22 PSP Nou Ryoku Trainer Portable 2 (Sega)
23 NDS Unou no Tatsujin: Gunbullet Trainer (Namco)
24 PSP Doko Demo Issho: Let's Gakkou! (Sony) - 5,424 (22,276)
25 NDS Kanji Sonomama Rakubiki Jiten (Nintendo)
26 PS2 Jikkyou Powerful Major League (Konami)
27 PS2 Final Fantasy XII (Square Enix)
28 NDS Seiken Densetsu DS: Children of Mana (Square Enix)
29 PSP Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Itadaki Street Portable (Square Enix) - 4,707
30 NSD Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisecchi (Bandai)

mutsu

neo2046 said:
Famitsu Data from that same mystery source

VP2 Silmeria - 302867
New SMB - 169852
Magical Vacation - 18546
brain training in the Sony Computer Science department - 17754

Oh my.... complete bomba?

Busaiku

A Link to the Past said:
Not really, just low sales period with DS games in general holding on longer.
Actually sales seem to be up since last week, since Kaitou Rousseau at #23 was at 4,816, whereas Itadaki Street at #27 is at 4,707.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
So Children of Mana did around 5k this last week in Japan. Great legs for a third party game

ethelred

Wow, very, very disappointing launch for Magical Vacation 2. Legs or not, this game's not going to come anywhere close to selling comparably with its predecessor -- I'm very disappointed in that.

Great launch for VP2.

Metal Saga DS seems to have dropped off the top 30 in its second week... another ouch there.

ethelred said:
Wow, very, very disappointing launch for Magical Vacation 2. Legs or not, this game's not going to come anywhere close to selling comparably with its predecessor -- I'm very disappointed in that.

Great launch for VP2.

Metal Saga DS seems to have dropped off the top 30 in its second week... another ouch there.

I wouldn't be surprised if with worldwide sales it surpasses its predecessor, however. (the original never made it over, correct?)

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Undoubtedly by the middle of July if not sooner NSMB will surpass SM64 in sales. That's quite a feat imo.

loosus

Banned
This makes me wonder how well Super Mario Galaxy will do...I really don't think Japan likes Mario in 3D. The sales of New Super Mario Bros. almost confirms it.

Grug

Slight DS dropoff this week.

Ah well, that means a little bit more pie for Pacman to eat this week.

Grug

loosus said:
This makes me wonder how well Super Mario Galaxy will do...I really don't think Japan likes Mario in 3D. The sales of New Super Mario Bros. almost confirms it.

I can see two things wrong with that statement, lets see if you people can spot them.

cvxfreak

jj984jj said:
Undoubtedly by the middle of July if not sooner NSMB will surpass SM64 in sales. That's quite a feat imo.

I disagree, mainly because Super Mario 64 wasn't even the best selling N64 game in Japan, and the DS is waaaaaaay passed the N64's userbase.

Still admirable, but not impossible to do.

medrew

loosus said:

That's a basless statement.
You'd have to compare NSMB to Sunshine. The latter being an underwhelming experience that arrived on a dead system in comparasion to what is basically the hottest gadget in Japan at the moment. DS already has outsold GCN LTD twice over.
NSMB will pass Mario 64 next week, although again the DS has far outsold the N64 in terms of hardware.

I don't think you can draw any real preference as the situations could not be more different. Somewhere a scientist is having trouble breathing.

Grug

medrew said:
You'd have to compare NSMB to Sunshine. The latter being an underwhelming experience that arrived on a dead system in comparasion to what is basically the hottest gadget in Japan at the moment. DS already has outsold GCN LTD twice over.
NSMB will pass Mario 64 next week, although again the DS has far outsold the N64 in terms of hardware.

I don't think you can draw any real preference as the situations could not be more different. Somewhere a scientist is having trouble breathing.

Correct, plus, Mario is technically 3d in NSMB anyway.

loosus

Banned
medrew said:
The latter being an underwhelming experience that arrived
Well, that's your opinion. Some people think the same thing about New Super Mario Bros.

medrew said:
on a dead system in comparasion to what is basically the hottest gadget in Japan at the moment
Uh, the GameCube was in its second year when Super Mario Sunshine was released. It was certainly not a "dead system" and on top of it, the game had years to sell.

medrew said:
NSMB will pass Mario 64 next week
Exactly. And it passed Super Mario Sunshine a long time ago.

Grug said:
Correct, plus, Mario is technically 3d in NSMB anyway.
You'd have to be pretty retarded to not know what I was talking about.

Ashodin

medrew said:

With the conjectures I've made that the DS installed base will carry heavily over to the Wii launch base, Galaxy could do better than anyone could predict.

Top Bottom