• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create figures - June 26 to July 2

LanceStern said:
No idiot, I said I wish gamers would PICK UP more traditional games like ZX and Kirby instead of picking up Brain Age. I'm not saying it would happen if Brain Age didn't exist, but it sucks that they can't do both. Brain Age was like a Godsend to Nintendo in Japan.

Kirby CC helped DS for what 2 weeks? And then the DS dropped to it's LOWEST sales ever. It was Nintendogs that finally helped DS beat PSP and KEEP the lead.

Learn your history before laughing at others. Especially since your name seems to imply you would know something about the past.

:lol

How should I asstertain that you want people to buy more traditional games on DS when all you ever do in these topics is talk about how horrible ACWW and Training games are?

I own both Animal Crossing and Brain Training and enjoy them both (play them everyday).

I have nothing against ACWW selling great in Japan, and I hope it continues to sell great. But for those training games (Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Gentle Brain Training and English Training) I think it's time Japanese owners pick up some more traditional games BESIDES Brain Training (which is already almost at 2.5 million and 2.7 million for #2).

Or AT LEAST pick up extra traditional games WITH the Brain Trainings. 300k is NOT enough when they have the potential to sell over 400k or 500k.

LanceStern said:
I own both Animal Crossing and Brain Training and enjoy them both (play them everyday).

I have nothing against ACWW selling great in Japan, and I hope it continues to sell great. But for those training games (Brain Age, Brain Age 2, Gentle Brain Training and English Training) I think it's time Japanese owners pick up some more traditional games BESIDES Brain Training (which is already almost at 2.5 million and 2.7 million for #2).

Or AT LEAST pick up extra traditional games WITH the Brain Trainings. 300k is NOT enough when they have the potential to sell over 400k or 500k.

People who buy Brain Age aren't people who buy Mega Man ZX. Sheesh.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
LanceStern said:

If people bought all four of the Training games you mentioned then can you realistically expect them to buy much more with how low handheld attach rates have been historically in Japan? In case you don't know, in Japan it's been roughly 4.5:1.

EDIT: Using shipment numbers through March in Japan.

GB/GBC - 4.84
GBA - 4.22
DS - 3.67

They need to be.

Or the people who AREN'T picking up Brain Age need to start picking up more traditional titles. I know out of those 9 million DS owners there has to be more than 250,000 people that want Children of Mana, or more than 290k that want Kirby, or more than ONLY 40 freaking thousand people wanting MegaMan ZX.

9 million?! Not all of those are non-traditional gamers. Pick up those **** titles!

Fuzzy said:
If people bought all four of the Training games you mentioned then can you realistically expect them to buy much more with how low handheld attach rates have been historically in Japan? In case you don't know, in Japan it's been roughly 4.5:1.

Since the DS is breaking history and records, and outselling everything, then yes it should. Those training games are budget anyways.

Guess you can't always get what you want ;|
Edit: Are those numbers attach rates?

LanceStern said:
They need to be.

Or the people who AREN'T picking up Brain Age need to start picking up more traditional titles. I know out of those 9 million DS owners there has to be more than 250,000 people that want Children of Mana, or more than 290k that want Kirby, or more than ONLY 40 freaking thousand people wanting MegaMan ZX.

9 million?! Not all of those are non-traditional gamers. Pick up those **** titles!

People bought a DS for:

Animal Crossing WW
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
English Training
Big Brain Academy
Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
Brain Age 2
Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop
Tetris DS
And some bought it for the non-non games.

I expect that CoM will boost when FFIII comes out, simply because SE fans were waiting for it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
LanceStern said:
They need to be.

WHO CARES

Brain Age is a really good budget game.

and its not HURTING other game sales really. and why do people who get them HAVE to pick up traditional titles? mega man is ALWAYS like this.

So that the gigantic surge of DS sales aren't WASTED on a small handful of titles, most of which belonging to one company.

Megaman has always seemed to be low in Japan yes, but Children of Mana should've gotten a great sales spike (debut at over 250k) when it was released WITH DSLite.

Just wishful thinking I suppose. As long as the DS keeps up its explosive sales AND companies keep developing for it, everything should fall in place. Nintendo wins.

ethelred

LanceStern said:
Don't throw the 4-5 other 3rd party titles that did averagely well (250k - 300k) because that's all fine and dandy but not SPECTACULAR. And nowhere near the STUPID predictions people make about it going to do 500,000 and up.

It's just tiring seeing the same old crap lofty predictions (ONE MILLION IN 2 WEEKS GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK), then when it only debuts at sub 200k, we have to hear trolls accuse ALL DS fans of making the predictions.

250-300k is "averagely well?"

In 2005, only 41 games in Japan sold that high.

That's quite a bit more than "average."

Methinks, sir, you need to revisit basic math class.

ethelred

LanceStern said:
Then what the hell are they buying?

Anyways, yea it still looks pretty small. I'd say "WELL" would be 450 - 500k

So only 21 games sold well in 2005?

Wow, the Japanese video game industry must be even worse than we all thought!

What the **** is up with your ass-skewed numbers, man?

300,000 is AVERAGELY well. 100,000 is underperforming would you agree? Even 200,000 is slightly well, but still can be a little underwhelming.

300,000 is averagely well. Maybe because the jump is so big. Whereas you have titles that did 3 million, 2.8 million, 2.3 million, 1.8 million, 1.3 million and then it jumps all the way down to 300,000.

Such a big jump.

Top Bottom