• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 02/09 - 02/15

Stormbringer said:
Weekly sales :

SO4 - 160k
Idol Master SP (PSP)- 121k

X360 - 24k
Wii - 19k
PS3 - 16k

http://ameblo.jp/sinobi/

Good numbers for SO4, I expected a bit more hardware, but that should at least remain at those levels for another while with SO4 coupled with Resi 5.

Next weeks numbers see Yakuza right? Obviously the PS3 will top the consoles, do we reckon the Wii can be shoved to the bottom by the combined HD title onslaught?

...and is that my eyes or is the 360 SF4 gone from the charts completely? What went on there? No stock?

Raggy said:
Can someone explain to me the Japanese mindset? e.g. why they love their handhelds so much, and dont like HD graphics?

For me the ultimate gaming Nirvana is playing on a biiiig HD screen, with a good souround set.

Handhelds are fun on the way to work, or on travels.

I live in Norway btw. :D
I think a lot of people in Japan aren't home with free time a lot. Like, the kids, when they're at home, they seem to be doing homework or studying. If they have free time they usually go somewhere with their friends.

People also spend a lot of time on public transit here. I know for me when I teach in the next prefecture over, I spend about two hours of my day riding trains. Naturally I have my DS or PSP with me, as many do, and I play during that time. As a result, when I finally get home, I've already spent a couple hours of my day playing games and would like to do something else.

Just a couple of ideas. Obviously I don't know the full real answer, cuz if I did, I could be a rich fellow.

Paracelsus

Pachael said:
*golfclap* Never thought I'd see the day, even if it's just for one week. The Last Hope indeed? :lol

Huh? This is not the first time it happens (360 above Wii). If anything, more than The Last Hope, this is The Last Week, unless they have some other big ace up their sleeve.

FrankT

The gap should make it the first time for MC it is ahead IIRC. Gap seems to wide for it too overcome on the MC side this time.

RpgN

Demon's Souls is still there, it's tracking lower in famitsu though. In MCS it can be somewhere between 70-80k @_@

FFCC EOT DS is having legs, but the damage is caused. I wonder if it will ever be enough to sell all of it's first shipment.

Tenchu 4, is still here. Hmmm...30k...

ToW2 is close to 300k!

M&L3 is doing really well, I want to try it myself too.

Looks like Idolmaster PSP is a small success, good for Namco.

And what are Ace Combat 6 and Katamari doing there?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Paracelsus said:
Huh? This is not the first time it happens (360 above Wii). If anything, more than The Last Hope, this is The Last Week, unless they have some other big ace up their sleeve.

Its not like the Wii won't bounce back. Microsoft does not have "SO4" calibur games coming out every week.

I wonder what the FF demo bundle will do for PS3 sales.

Twix

360 is No. 1 in Japan :O

That’s HUGE, even if it’s only for one week, clearly shows how both the PS3 and Wii are failing in their homeland with their mediocre games library. I’m really glad to see the 360 doing so well, now the Japanese developers will show more support to the system.

:lol :lol :lol @ Dead Rising Wii, eat that Capcom !

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Twix said:
That’s HUGE, even if it’s only for one week, clearly shows how both the PS3 and Wii are failing in their homeland with their mediocre games library. I’m really glad to see the 360 doing so well, now the Japanese developers will show more support to the system.

if a developer decided today to exclusively support the 360 on a go-forward basis you wouldn't see the games until mid-2011 or later.

neojubei

Twix said:

wow its one week, dude. This doom talk is getting really stupid now.

Twix said:

One week =/= eternity. One title cant win Japan for the 360. Admitted, the 360 is doing a hell of a lot better than anyone thought, but dont go doing a George Bush mission over just yet.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Twix said:

I've made this point in regards to PS3, but its even more true for 360- as of now, there is nothing big left on the horizon after RE5 next week. Nothing. Wii has a decent amount of big stuff coming the rest of the year.. so far, the HD twins do not.

schuelma

Random software stuff...

Demon's Souls keeps hanging in. Wonder if it can reach 100K under the radar.

Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology 2 looks to finish (or at least for our tracking purposes) a bit above 300K.

Taiko Wii above 400K and not showing much signs of slowing. I think it will beat DQ:S with ease to become the top 3rd party Wii game.

Tenbatsu said:
18. [WII] Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (Capcom) - 9,200 / NEW

Ouch!
So much for trying to make the franchise more popular in Japan... Well, at least they've got the comforting idea that they've sold more copies of their shoddy remake than Nintendo did of their remake of an all-time videogame classic...
Still wonder how it will do in the West though... Guess it could very well match, or even go beyond their expectations...

neojubei

schuelma said:
I've made this point in regards to PS3, but its even more true for 360- as of now, there is nothing big left on the horizon after RE5 next week. Nothing. Wii has a decent amount of big stuff coming the rest of the year.. so far, the HD twins do not.

Final Fantasy XIII, maybe..

schuelma

neojubei said:
Final Fantasy XIII, maybe..

Yeah forgot about that one when I said "HD Twins" :lol

Personally I think its going to slip into 2010 now though.

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 02/16 - 02/22

02. [PSP] Idolmaster SP: Perfect Sun/Missing Moon/Wandering Star (Bandai Namco) - 121,000 / NEW
03. [NDS] Mario & Luigi RPG 3!!! (Nintendo) - 59,000 / 279,000

DSL 10000
DSi 37000
PSP 30000
Wii 19000
PS3 16000
PS2 5100
360 25000

M&L 3 has a bigger drop then M&L 2, but still tracking better on it's second week beating M&L 2's second week.

Idolmaster PSP has already outsold the 360 version's LTD nearly 2.5 times over. Well done Banco.

On the hardware side, everything dropped, especially the DS. Obvious exception being the 360

sankao said:
Only in Famitsu.
We don't have confirmed MC numbers yet, still I doubt it'll change anything when we do. Either way it doesn't matter which tracker showed 360 outselling the Wii. It still happened.

Second said:
But I think we can all agree that the X360 is being very underrated in Japan...
Underrated? Explain.

neojubei

Segata Sanshiro said:
DQ completely fucked that up. There's no way it's coming before next March now.

Damn you DQ, damn you!!!! Well at the very least I get me demo in April.

schuelma

jett said:
07. [PS3] Street Fighter IV (Capcom) - 18,000 / 103,000

so long SF4.
japanese gamers suck.

Maybe a supply problem?

Paracelsus

BishopLamont said:
Idolmaster PSP has already outsold the 360 version's LTD nearly 2.5 times over. Well done Banco.

Well, they don't have DLC for the PSP (or they do? Are there DLC for psp?), so the 360 version still made more profit.

Paracelsus said:
Well, they don't have DLC for the PSP (or they do? Are there DLC for psp?), so the 360 version still made more profit.
Why wouldn't there be? Someone who knows for sure let us know. I really think they would have DLC now or in the future.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Paracelsus said:
Well, they don't have DLC for the PSP (or they do? Are there DLC for psp?)
There's 10 or so DLCs for PSP already. It could make for an interesting case if this game shows any sort of legs as time goes by.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Twix said:

Hopefully it starts ringing some alarm bells at Nintendo. I am sure that the image of the Wii is taking a knock in japan right now as the games people want go to other consoles. It could actually possible for the Wii to lose momentum if they don't do something significant.

botticus

poppabk said:
Hopefully it starts ringing some alarm bells at Nintendo. I am sure that the image of the Wii is taking a knock in japan right now as the games people want go to other consoles. It could actually possible for the Wii to lose momentum if they don't do something significant.
It lost momentum some time ago. The 360 posting a higher number once or twice isn't really the problem, it's a symptom.

Paracelsus

Spiegel said:
Idolmaster has DLC

So basically, if Namco does not want PS3, it should try and give fully support to the PSP at least. Between ToTM and IM they're getting good sales considering the overall situation of both those IPs.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Bleah at the rate DDP DoJ BL EX is going it probably won't beat Otomedius G's LTD.

How depressing.
actually that's a dang good number for a 2D shooter nowadays. Anything over 10K is kinda rare.

Spiegel

Paracelsus said:
So basically, if Namco does not want PS3, it should try and give fully support to the PSP at least. Between ToTM and IM they're getting good sales considering the overall situation of both those IPs.

The majority of the japanese companies should try to support (and I think are going to support) the psp (and the ds of course, but that's a given) with the state of the console market in Japan right now.

schuelma

Paracelsus said:

I'd argue that Namco has done pretty well on Wii as well. Most Wii games have actually met internal expectations, a pretty rare occurrence these days..

bttb said:
Famitsu Sales: 02/16 - 02/22
27. [360] Ace Combat 6: Kaihou e no Senka, Platinum Collection (Bandai Namco) - 6,600 / 81,000
28. [360] Beautiful Katamari Damacy, Platinum Collection (Bandai Namco) - 6,500 / 79,000
Oh forgot about these, they're making nice money for Banco, BKD originally only did 25k, the re-release did 41k and now this has done 80k. Banco in general have been very successful this generation. They've supported all platforms and have taken advantage of each consoles features, and have been rewarded very nicely.

birdchili

poppabk said:
It could actually possible for the Wii to lose momentum if they don't do something significant.
aren't we seeing this to an extent already in Japan?

i'm not sure how much you can bump hardware in any real way for a console with stuff like new colors either - i'm sure it'd make a bit of a difference, but personalization for something that sits by your tv is a very different issue than for something you haul about on your person. something like more internal memory isn't going to really make a big impact either - people are complaining about the storage, but i don't think it's keeping many buyers away. and finally - this isn't a ds->dsl issue since the wii is already a rather nicely designed piece of hardware anyway - there's far less of an obvious gain by somehow improving the form factor.

this is an escalating image problem caused by lack of compelling software in genres people want, and is being propagated by slack third party support, and even a lack of anything recent and visionary from nintendo themselves that appeals to a traditional console audience.

Top Bottom