• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04 - 10 Dec (HOLY ****ING CRAP edition)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
xaosslug said:
mistwalker's resurrected a dead console... Sakaguchi is a gaming God confirmed. I must admit, I had my doubts. :p

that gundam game on psp sold like 200k copies in one go iirc. its not very likely he's revived anything but a chance to make ms pay him more money.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Error2k4 said:
wii still sold out?

pity about Zelda but japanese never really cared about the series that much.

nice numbers from Blue Dragon and RGG2, what's with only one version of Pokemon selling well? :/

no PS3/PSP titles in the top 30 is so weird hell 360 outselling PS3 in japan who would have thunk it? then again after this week news, anything can happen.

It probably won't happen, but it is sad it is within the realm of possibility.

I don't understand the really high 360 numbers. If people bought a 360 this week, they probably bought the BD bundle and we know they moved about 30,000 of those on day one, so say 40,000 on the high end. You expect 20,000 more people to have bought a 360 separate from those bundles, PL?

Y2Kev

Just thinking outloud here...

Sony said 1.2 million in Japan by the end of the year? And they are getting 40,000 per week out at the max? Are we expecting a huge influx in the last few weeks of the year or they are going to miss that figure by like 800,000 units?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yeah good points everybody. Let me try again:

Revised Hardware Prediction
DS - 220,000
Wii - 110,000
PS2 - 62,000
PS3 - 32,000
360 - 25,000
PSP - 14,500

jimbo

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
It probably won't happen, but it is sad it is within the realm of possibility.

I don't understand the really high 360 numbers. If people bought a 360 this week, they probably bought the BD bundle and we know they moved about 30,000 of those on day one, so say 40,000 on the high end. You expect 20,000 more people to have bought a 360 separate from those bundles, PL?

The poster said he was just guessing, not really based on anything.

Let's see. My predictions:

DS - 267,000
Wii - 92,000
PS2 - 28,700
360 - 31,500
PS3 - 37,800
PSP- 25,700

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
gamergirly said:
:lol Come on, it's NOT that bad!! Only had 100K new hardware units, 30% sold on that isnt bad.

Well, when you say it like that I GUESS it's not so bad. :/

What's the hardware count so far?

jimbo

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Just thinking outloud here...

Sony said 1.2 million in Japan by the end of the year? And they are getting 40,000 per week out at the max? Are we expecting a huge influx in the last few weeks of the year or they are going to miss that figure by like 800,000 units?

But why would ANYONE still be using the numbers SONY said to base ANYTHING off of them? Only weeks before NA launch...400k available at launch....real numbers: 190k. Take anything Sony gave you and divide them by 2. Work with those numbers.

Seriously folks...... how many times? Wake up please!

I think Wiis are sold out and people expected Zelda to sell more then the amount of Wiis available.

My rounded predictions:

DS: 250,000
Wii: 100,000
PS3: 40,000
Xbox360: 30,000
PSP: 20,000

Y2Kev

jimbo said:
But why would ANYONE still using the numbers SONY said to base ANYTHING off of them? Only weeks before NA launch...400k available at launch....real numbers: 190k. Take anything Sony gave you and divide them by 2. Work with those numbers.

Because that's missing the target by more than double of what they were actually able to get on to stores!

It's not even 50% or some logical split...it's just a complete failure on every front. They say the manufacturing has been resolved as of now though, so maybe they are going to be replenishing the channel very quickly.

duckroll

I Am Error said:
I think Wiis are sold out and people expected Zelda to sell more then the amount of Wiis available.

No, I think people expected that those sinners that didn't buy Zelda TP with their Wii the week before to realize their grave mistake and buy them last week!

Oblivion

jimbo said:
So much for that Zelda will outsell GOW world-wide because of the Japan difference talk.

Zelda is over a million already. Let's not celebrate too soon ;).

linsivvi

justchris said:
What games are dropping in Japan this week? I think that, more than anything, will determine if BD is in the top ten on the next sales chart. For instance, doesn't Pokemon Battle Revolution hit sometime this week? No way BD is gonna beat that.

Right now, I'm going to predict that BD & Zelda both remain in the top 30 until early January, but I doubt either will crack the top 10 again for a while, if ever.

Also, does anyone know why Pokemon Diamond outsells Pearl? There's got to be some reason.

I think there's a good chance 360 will outsell PS3 on this week's chart. And if it outsells PS3, it'll outsell PS2 & PSP as well, since PS3 has been consistently outselling both of them.

That's another thing, the PS3 has been consistently selling less units each week, which speaks of horrible production issues at Sony. Can they get production out and finally sell more PS3's than the previous week? If not, that 2 million by the end of the year number is looking more and more imaginary.

Pokemon Stadium
Bleach Wii
Chocobo
Naruto
Fushigi no Dungeon
Mega Man Star Force
SNK vs Capcom
Wild Arms

Chances for BD to remain in the top 10 is slim I'd say.

Oblivion said:
Well, when you say it like that I GUESS it's not so bad. :/

What's the hardware count so far?

Here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5037505&postcount=1

Raw64life said:
Media Create Sales: 11/27 - 12/03

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | Total 2006 Sales | Lifetime Sales

1.) Nintendo Wii - 350,358 | thanks to jesusraz/rock_man for hardware | 350,358 | 350,358
2.) Nintendo DS Lite - 176,901 | 201,378 | 6,132,183 | 6,132,183
3.) PlayStation 3 - 31,436 | 32,662 | 187,836 | 187,836
4.) PlayStation Portable - 23,917 | 30,815 | 1,564,018 | 4,246,974
5.) PlayStation 2 - 23,115 | 26,263 | 1,297,667 | 20,002,291
6.) Xbox 360 - 4,053 | 7,007 | 107,503 | 178,069
7.) Game Boy Advance SP - 1,572 | 1,264 | 215,240 | 5,907,676
8.) Game Boy micro - 1,252 | 1,235 | 136,719 | 552,408
9.) GameCube - 821 | 576 | 72,060 | 4,165,650
10.) Nintendo DS - 140 | 212 | 934,599 | 6,581,548
11.) Game Boy Advance - 22 | 27 | 3,292 | 8,822,942
12.) Xbox - 11 | 0 | 1,746 | 475,589

justchris

jimbo said:
But why would ANYONE still be using the numbers SONY said to base ANYTHING off of them? Only weeks before NA launch...400k available at launch....real numbers: 190k. Take anything Sony gave you and divide them by 2. Work with those numbers.

Seriously folks...... how many times? Wake up please!

Because Sony said 80k for launch in Japan, and came through with 83k? The fact they totally screwed the pooch in the US just means we can only believe half of what they say.

I don't know about the 1.2 million by year's end in Japan. That's some sort of magnificient pipe dream right there. I'm just wondering if they can make their 2 million "worldwide" by year's end. I predict that if they can't manage to ship 2 million by the end of 2006, that the EU ship date in March will slide back unexpectedly.

KINGMOKU

jimbo said:
So much for that Zelda will outsell GOW world-wide because of the Japan difference talk.

Can't wait until hardware numbers tomorrow.
I think it will anyway.

BTW, if anyone thinks that Zelda will end up anywhere near its current total, they are nuts.

cvxfreak said:
4. (X360, Microsoft) Blue Dragon - 80,348
If You Build It, They Will Come ...

Field%20of%20Dreams.jpg

Y2Kev

Wii - 100k
DS - 250k
PS3 - 40k
360 - 35k
PS2 - 30k
PSP - 25k

I think that's everything meaningful...

jimbo

Banned
Oblivion said:
Zelda is over a million already. Let's not celebrate too soon ;).

Oh I'm not. I'm not saying GOW WILL beat Zelda...I'm just saying if Zelda beats it, Japan will have very little to nothing to do with it.

linsivvi

cvxfreak said:
I have a grim feeling the three Ryuusei Rockman games are gonna bomb... they're in the 80s on Amazon right now.

WOW. That's bad. MC is going to split them into 3 separate games right? So people are going to jump on it even more when it doesn't make top 10.

jimbo said:
Woah!!!! Where are you guys coming up with these numbers? No way will the 360 do that many. Not even close. It's been doing between 4-7 a week and with BD bundles being around 30k, you're talking 30-37k units tops. And that's if anyone still bought the regular system without BD.

It seems reasonable to me. From what I understand, the BD bundles were not counted in the sales charts prior to this week.

jimbo

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Because that's missing the target by more than double of what they were actually able to get on to stores!

It's not even 50% or some logical split...it's just a complete failure on every front. They say the manufacturing has been resolved as of now though, so maybe they are going to be replenishing the channel very quickly.

Again pay no mind to what Sony says. They have the most cunning PR department that can lead people to believe anything, when in fact the complete opposite may be true. "Resolved manufacturing" could really mean anything. It could mean they figured out what the problem was but have yet to implement it. It could mean they are just now implementing this solution but it will take months before they can see the benefits. It could mean they CAN produce but it will still take weeks for them to box them up and ship them. It could mean ANYTHING.

Right now all evidence points to Sony still having major supply issues. And yes it is as big a **** up as it seems.

Terrell

Anyone else think Nintendo is having more trouble shipping GAMES than their system? I'd be inclined to think that the shrinking game sales for Wii titles is a combination for low hardware numbers and lower shipments of games.
On the other hand, Nintendo might be holding back shipments for the final week of December, when the highest volume of sales occur during the holidays in Japan.

And dare I use the mythical word.... LEGS?

Terrell said:
Anyone else think Nintendo is having more trouble shipping GAMES than their system? I'd be inclined to think that the shrinking game sales for Wii titles is a combination for low hardware numbers and lower shipments of games.
On the other hand, Nintendo might be holding back shipments for the final week of December, when the highest volume of sales occur during the holidays in Japan.

Yeah, there will be monster sales later this month. But I think the low Wii software #s are mostly related to low hardware availability. There just isnt enough on shelves to sell past other titles on other platforms. You wouldnt expect 100,000 Zeldas sold for 80,000 Wii systems, for example.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Assuming out of the 50k that bought BD standalone, a fraction of these possibly bought a 360 and skipped the bundle...

DS 250,000
Wii 100,000
Xbox 360 50,000
PS3 35,000
PS2 25,000
PSP 23,000

Oblivion

jimbo said:
Oh I'm not. I'm not saying GOW WILL beat Zelda...I'm just saying if Zelda beats it, Japan will have very little to nothing to do with it.

Oh, nevermind then.

jimbo

Banned
Terrell said:

And dare I use the mythical word.... LEGS?

Another trend on GAF I've never seen any proof of. And being in sales a good part of my life it's ass backwards anyway. The only time I have ever seen proof of any kind of a holdback, hardware or software, was when a console or game got shipped early and stores were holding them for launch dates. But in sales you don't simply hold out possible sales just to have a big week a month from now. You sell what you can if you can NOW. If sales are going to ramp up in that period, great. That means I sell a bunch now and even more then. I don't risk that gamer spending his $50 budget on some other game or console until I make them available.

Seriously, this holding back talk needs to stop. It's proof-less.

Y2Kev

Testicular Sound Express said:
i'm worried about these third party sales. Nintendo needs to do something about this, or its going to be GC all over again.

There's only like 500,000 units of the system out there!

castle007 said:
Because I worship you. And I clearly stated that in the DQIX thread. But you are too busy to notice me :(

No I didn't see that. I don't remember much of that thread, despite participating in it through the early morning:lol

Reilly

Slurpy said:
WOw, the Japanese have such shitty taste. If we dont get any more full-blown Zelda games in the classic sense, we can be sure it is utterly their fault. Wow, just wow. Pathetic.

Japan ruining gaming confirmed.

Top Bottom