• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: 04 - 10 Dec (HOLY ****ING CRAP edition)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
fallout said:
Yeah, I hear they even like shitty game franchises like Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

YOU BITCH

(I think those all do better in america too)

Meier said:
Dude.. about 40% of Xbox 360 owners have it now. What's there to be disappointed about?

It is because they know how things peak in Japan and then drop.
Zelda: TP is flawless, and there is a strong chance that it will not even be top 20 next week.

MrDaravon

Again people don't seem to realize that Zelda is NOT big in Japan like it is here...the Zelda numbers are still a little disappointing, but more in line with what a lot of us thought.

Also pleasantly suprised at the RGG 2 numbers. I haven't finished Yakuza yet, but I like it quite a bit. I hope abysmal sales of the first don't stop Sega bringing 2 out here.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
duckroll said:
But there are less than 500k Wiis in the US, and Zelda has already sold over 400k! Japan hates Zelda! :lol
nah.. a 40% attach rate doesn't qualify as hate. a mild disdain maybe.

jimbo

Banned
kisakiproject said:
BD 70k day one isnt for sure though is it? If it only sold 10 in 3 days it might not even sell 20k next week. Still it has the biggest opening of any 360 game in japan and will be #1 one on the platform. Its increased the RPG fanbase decently enough that Trusty Bel, infinite Undiscovery and Lost Odessy should do even better.

Blue Dragon is sacrificing itself for the good of those games. It's amazing how this game sold more copies on a less than 200k user base platform than more than more than 50% of all games released on systems with tens and hundreds of thousands of units available.

Well done Mistwalker.

Y2Kev

jimbo said:
Blue Dragon is sacrificing itself for the good of those games. It's amazing how this game sold more copies on a less than 200k user base platform than more than more than 50% of all games released on systems with tens and hundreds of thousands of units available.

Well done Mistwalker.

So you're saying Blue Dragon is Messianic!

360 rises to the heavens!

fallout

Y2Kevbug11 said:
YOU BITCH

(I think those all do better in america too)
SUCK ON IT

(they probably do, I just kind of pulled them out at random ... not wasting that much time on a jett troll)

bgassassin said:
I think Zelda will see pretty consistent numbers as more Wii consoles get released. It did have a quicker drop off than I expected.
So did the hardware, though. Wii Sports sold 41% of what it did last week. Wii Play sold 36% of what it did last week. Zelda sold... who knows % of what it did last week. Probably similar to Wii Play's.

duckroll said:
But there are less than 500k Wiis in the US, and Zelda has already sold over 400k! Japan hates Zelda!
And comparing tie ratios of New Super Mario Bros, the US hates Mario? :D

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I love how people are exultant over BD being #4 and Zelda being #17 in one breath and then blow the Japanese off as having no taste in the next.

farnham

Banned
zelda is not that big like FF and DQ...

but its not a 100k game... this is the biggest Nintendo bomba in the recent years..

well probably because of hardware shortages

Once hardware is out I expect this thread to top 1000 replies. But seriosuly Blue Dragon did well. More thoughts on Zelda, if Wii games have legs like NDS games maybe it will reach 500k if not I bet 300k at best. However Zeld has a 75% attach rate in US and Euro/PAL with Wii so hopefully they won't touch generation convert it.

I really really want Yakuza 2 to cross the Pacific, even the chances of that happening are so remote. Maybe the good sales of RGG 2 could convince Sega to translate the menus, keep the Japanese dub, and ship it over on the cheap.

fallout

PantherLotus said:
I love how people are exultant over BD being #4 and Zelda being #17 in one breath and then blow the Japanese off as having no taste in the next.
Are you sure these are the same people?

jimbo

Banned
kisakiproject said:
Once hardware is out I expect this thread to top 1000 replies. But seriosuly Blue Dragon did well. More thoughts on Zelda, if Wii games have legs like NDS games maybe it will reach 500k if not I bet 300k at best. However Zeld has a 75% attach rate in US and Euro/PAL with Wii so hopefully they won't touch generation convert it.

Do you know something we don't? Speak man!

pilonv1

I wonder if 360 will be not only above PS3, but above all 3 Sony platforms. Scary if true, even if it's just a week.

If the Wii really does have 450,000 units out there. Nintendo should be happy that they have sold around 170,000 units of Zelda. That is above 1/3 of the userbase that has bought it. Then Wii Sports and Wii Play are both competing for sales with it as well.

Y2Kev

pilonv1 said:
I wonder if 360 will be not only above PS3, but above all 3 Sony platforms. Scary if true, even if it's just a week.

I think we have heard (rumored) that 360 is around 30k and PS3 is around 40k. I think I read that here.

jimbo

Banned
PantherLotus said:

Amen! Preach on friend. Blue Dragon = gaming with taste for the sophisticated gamer;) I love the little spikey hair guy. I just want to give him noogies.

Y2Kev

davepoobond said:
vindicated!

I think! :lol

I don't really remember what I read on here...spend too much time browsing.

ah.

last week's thread. Someone posted "~40k (still supply problem)".

Bluedragon will outsell zelda this week.. maybe even the week after. but when all is said and done the final numbers won't even be close.

Good news for xbox360 owners though. A ray of light shines in for more rpg's in japan.

I can't believe how you guys are freaking out over Zelda ([edit]: no, actually, I can totally believe that). I mean... I am not a chart amateur, but even I can see that this is not a freaking "bomba"! Would you please calm the hell down ?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
WOw, the Japanese have such shitty taste. If we dont get any more full-blown Zelda games in the classic sense, we can be sure it is utterly their fault. Wow, just wow. Pathetic.

jimbo

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
I think we have heard (rumored) that 360 is around 30k and PS3 is around 40k. I think I read that here.

Seriously that sucks for Sony. They need to hurry up and get the ball moving. Who would have thought the PS3 and 360 would be putting up similar weekly numbers a year ago in JAPAN! Shortages or no shortages, it's unheard of. GAFers were digitally hanged for even THINKING about such a thing, let alone post something like that on here. What a freaking year!

Why I really feel for Sony, is that even though I was and remain 100% sure that the price of their system is what's going to hurt them most a year from now, at no point did I even think that they wouldn't smoke sales records at launch. Price is not an issue currently, but just like the 360 last year they are losing sales RIGHT NOW they will never re-gain when the system becomes available. Sure maybe even half the people will wait. But the others won't. It's sad. I don't want any more excuses because of launch shortages. I want them all 3, in full operating and producing mode for us to have true sales threads. Right now we have to many players on IR for one reason or another, but none-the-less...it's making for some interesting, wacky, and megatonic turns and twists. God I love the game industry.

In other news, the Panthers have really let me down this year. WTF Delhomme?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Slurpy said:
WOw, the Japanese have such shitty taste. If we dont get any more full-blown Zelda games in the classic sense, we can be sure it is utterly their fault. Wow, just wow. Pathetic.

And somehow, I promise you with absolute certainty that we'll get 100+ FPS games for next-gen platforms in the next two years here in the states.

jimbo

Banned
starship said:
What the hell?

There were a lot of people that claimed that even though GOW would outsell Zelda in the US, Zelda would still come out on top world-wide because of its sales in Japan and GOW NOT selling in Japan. I thought this was relevant considering Zelda is currently charting at 17.

castle007

Banned
PantherLotus said:
hardware predictions?

DS - 135,000
Wii - 125,000
PS2 - 65,000
360 - 60,000
PS3 - 43,000

Way off DS and Wii

DS estimates are at 250k and Wii is at 100K

also, if Sony really did ship 43,000 then you would think that maybe some PS3 titles might pop in the top 30??

justchris

What games are dropping in Japan this week? I think that, more than anything, will determine if BD is in the top ten on the next sales chart. For instance, doesn't Pokemon Battle Revolution hit sometime this week? No way BD is gonna beat that.

Right now, I'm going to predict that BD & Zelda both remain in the top 30 until early January, but I doubt either will crack the top 10 again for a while, if ever.

Also, does anyone know why Pokemon Diamond outsells Pearl? There's got to be some reason.

I think there's a good chance 360 will outsell PS3 on this week's chart. And if it outsells PS3, it'll outsell PS2 & PSP as well, since PS3 has been consistently outselling both of them.

That's another thing, the PS3 has been consistently selling less units each week, which speaks of horrible production issues at Sony. Can they get production out and finally sell more PS3's than the previous week? If not, that 2 million by the end of the year number is looking more and more imaginary.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
60k is wayyyy too high.

i'm thinking 40k will be the max for 360 this week, and realistically i think it'll be more like 30k with a very high proportion being BD packin sets.

How can TP compare? GCN was not in high demand. Millions of GCNs were out by Christmas 2002, and it sold 800-900k in its lifetime. And in the first two weeks, TP's sold somewhere around 200k, and with shortages too.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
davepoobond said:
60k is wayyyy too high.

i'm thinking 40k will be the max for 360 this week, and realistically i think it'll be more like 30k with a very high proportion being BD packin sets.

hey i've never done this before! I just threw some numbers out there to get the ball rolling.

and to the above poster, no, i don't think that 43k for the PS3 would mean that PS3 gets a game in the top 30. I would say that the PS2 games up there qualifies for that.

jimbo

Banned
PantherLotus said:
hardware predictions?

DS - 135,000
Wii - 125,000
PS2 - 65,000
360 - 60,000
PS3 - 43,000

Woah!!!! Where are you guys coming up with these numbers? No way will the 360 do that many. Not even close. It's been doing between 4-7 a week and with BD bundles being around 30k, you're talking 30-37k units tops. And that's if anyone still bought the regular system without BD.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
wii still sold out?

pity about Zelda but japanese never really cared about the series that much.

nice numbers from Blue Dragon and RGG2, what's with only one version of Pokemon selling well? :/

no PS3/PSP titles in the top 30 is so weird hell 360 outselling PS3 in japan who would have thunk it? then again after this week news, anything can happen.

Oblivion said:
....dear GOD.

Well, Zelda had a good run. Hope you all enjoy the next Wind Waker with half the islands.

:lol Come on, it's NOT that bad!! Only had 100K new hardware units, 30% sold on that isnt bad.

Top Bottom